• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PEEF!

Smash Hero
G. Vice is the second best Ganon vs ICs other than RockCrock. I've played them all. Kage is strong, beats me at least 3-1, but Rockcrock is basically unbeatable, and G.Vice beat me probably around 4 or 5 to my 1. Great spacing and near perfect edgeguards. Respect that guy for sure.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
G. Vice is the second best Ganon vs ICs other than RockCrock. I've played them all. Kage is strong, beats me at least 3-1, but Rockcrock is basically unbeatable, and G.Vice beat me probably around 4 or 5 to my 1. Great spacing and near perfect edgeguards. Respect that guy for sure.
Are you sure about that? It's a whole different story when you start playing Fly, Chu or Wobbles.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yeah, I never played Fly, wobbles, or chu.

I want to though, I would love to see how I do vs them. And for the most part I still consider myself an unknown Ganon, due to my lack of traveling and smashing people outside of my state.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Are you sure about that? It's a whole different story when you start playing Fly, Chu or Wobbles.
Yeah, the tip top ICs are different and theyre also very different from eachother. But I feel qualified to judge how good people are at the matchup. Perhaps Kage warriorness comes out stronger vs the top 3. =D Either way you are both great at the MU from what I can tell.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yeah, the tip top ICs are different and theyre also very different from eachother. But I feel qualified to judge how good people are at the matchup. Perhaps Kage warriorness comes out stronger vs the top 3. =D Either way you are both great at the MU from what I can tell.
Thanks Peef, that means alot.

I was definitely scared of getting grabbed vs you, because it was pretty much a guaranteed stock.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Yea kage, lol! You do so much better in america somehow. Canada is filled with top tier *****s or something.

Down here we got falcons....and....all the other mediocre characters.

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lol.. well they know my style the best too, so it doesn't help especially Ganon/Sheik.. ugh.. man I need a new character at least for him. lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya I was doing better with Falcon than Ganon by a lot. Umm.. I might have to do that and also I was really putting in work with Falcon sometimes, i didn't go all Ganon at the tournament I went Falcon sometimes like for dittos and for Foxes that know the matchup. And I definitely felt a lot of what I did was on par with pro falcons except I'm still not consistent enough with combos.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya I actually agree with that, my matchup knowledge is generally really terrible but I'm just extremely strong overall as a player so I can manage vs every matchup/almost every player or something like that if that makes sense.

Kage your falco is your best character

:phone:
Uhh... lol.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
chaddd is still really good.

but i played pretty bad, as i wasn't ready for that tourney (didn't know i was going until the night before)

but chaddd is still really good.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You don't lose smash skills that easily. =P Even my friend Matt made an appearance yesterday, he was my old master when I was just beginning to play smash.. and he still managed to beat every lower ranked players that I thought would beat him because he hadnt played for 1 year lol. And then he had to encounter me in losers.. =P I had to falcon ditto him, going Ganon vs him is still really scary, he was beating me. >_< lol.

Like when someone knows the matchup AND your style and you have a bad matchup.. it's impossible to win lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I know it's not very warrior for me to say that but.. it's sadly true.. Like for example again, I'm able to **** most Sheiks but then KK comes in and ***** me. lol. It wasn't even close at all, you can't grab him and then he just CG you to death, no matter the DI you are dead.. automatically, there's no Ganons that will beat him nor Vwins.. impossible lol.

spider_sense

Smash Champion

but i played pretty bad, as i wasn't ready for that tourney (didn't know i was going until the night before)

You don't lose smash skills that easily. =P Even my friend Matt made an appearance yesterday, he was my old master when I was just beginning to play smash.. and he still managed to beat every lower ranked players that I thought would beat him because he hadnt played for 1 year lol. And then he had to encounter me in losers.. =P I had to falcon ditto him, going Ganon vs him is still really scary, he was beating me. >_< lol.

Like when someone knows the matchup AND your style and you have a bad matchup.. it's impossible to win lol.
tell me about it.
Play to learn gentlemen. I believe in all 3 of you.

PEEF!

Smash Hero

tell me about it.
Learn to play gentleman. I believe that all 3 of you suck balls.

Renth

Smash Hero
I use to model my Ganon off his back in '07 when I started until I started branching out and getting my own style, so i'm there with you.
Zanes my boy, Kage saying you're his apprentice? I will fight this claim to death.

I'm the original Renth apprentice. Nobody knows about my Ganon. :c
In time my son, you will conquer.

I can't confirm or argue this, however rockcrocks brother is UBER ICE so him dominating that match up is not surprising at all.

I am very hype about Chaddd playing again, I played Linguini not too long ago and I had a lot of fun.

APEX GENTLEMEN

COME TO APEX show me YA MOVES

At Apex.

Manondorf

Smash Cadet
I feel like I've reached a new level in melee. I started off playing as ganon and pretty much only play as him and falcon a little bit, so my perspective on the game developed through the ganon metagame. Dunno if you guys remember I posted a few friendlies a while back. More recently I've been able to be semi-consistent at beating that same friend. 2-0 his falco and marth back to back. He can't touch me in ganon dittos anymore. I can beat his fox sometimes but it's harder than falco.

Can anyone give me tips for ledge dashing consistently? Is there some trick to it? Magus gifs highly appreciated.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Can anyone give me tips for ledge dashing consistently? Is there some trick to it? Magus gifs highly appreciated.
As I've taught my young apprentice named "Kage the warrior" 1 out of every 8 you die. That is the only tip I have. Good luck.

Linguini

Smash Master
G. Vice is the second best Ganon vs ICs other than RockCrock. I've played them all.
nah, never played you breh. but i'm pretty good at that matchup...won vs fly and chu the last times I played them.

Kage sounds like you're going through tough times with ganon; and that has happened to me in the past. You just need a break from ganon or smash in general, and I promise you will come back stronger.

Fox and sheik are difficult but def. winnable matchups. I personally love fox and have recently improved a lot vs sheik.
KK isn't invincible vs ganon lol, you just gotta play chess well vs sheik....it's the sad truth. And not **** up chain grabs. I played him at pound five while I was sick as fvck and lost 2-1 but I felt like I could've taken the win if I was at the top of my game.

My fox is pretty good but I havn't tried using it vs top level sheiks in tournament yet. Maybe some day i'll try it out but not too sure.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
nah, never played you breh. but i'm pretty good at that matchup...won vs fly and chu the last times I played them.

Kage sounds like you're going through tough times with ganon; and that has happened to me in the past. You just need a break from ganon or smash in general, and I promise you will come back stronger.

Fox and sheik are difficult but def. winnable matchups. I personally love fox and have recently improved a lot vs sheik.
KK isn't invincible vs ganon lol, you just gotta play chess well vs sheik....it's the sad truth. And not **** up chain grabs. I played him at pound five while I was sick as fvck and lost 2-1 but I felt like I could've taken the win if I was at the top of my game.

My fox is pretty good but I havn't tried using it vs top level sheiks in tournament yet. Maybe some day i'll try it out but not too sure.
You lose to Plank, no johns. =) You CAN'T grab Kirbykaze! KK improved even more since RoM 3 and Pound 5, he almost beat M2k! I'm just not at his level anymore.

Linguini

Smash Master
meh, I lost to plank at pound 5 as well when I was playing like @sshole so it's not a big deal to me lol.
Nicaboy the sheik I play a lot crouched under all of my grabs so i've become accustomed to stomping whenever I have the urge to jc grab.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well sometimes you have to look at things for what it is and give credit where it's due. I got ***** yesterday by him, it wasn't even close. It's not about tough times or anything like that.. idc about that, losing doesn't affect me long term anymore, only on the spot for a few mins. I obviously want to keep getting better and the only way for me to do that is by keep playing the game constantly, if not I'll be rusty in just 2 weeks if I don't play.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Oh damn that is unforgivable isn't it. I haven't seen you active so I forgot ={

Lets play next tourney youre at and you can be brutally judged as well =DD

Renth

Smash Hero
Zane also the difference between you and eikellmann is he use to come to my house almost daily desperate to get better at the game (: you were just a cool cat I chatted with online.

Top Bottom