• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Near the ledge? That's only gonna happen if they manage to SDI tech on the wall or are close to the wall. If not then you can own someone off-stage in sexy fashion lol.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Near the ledge? That's only gonna happen if they manage to SDI tech on the wall or are close to the wall. If not then you can own someone off-stage in sexy fashion lol.
And then you can take your shirt off. You know, because you're too sexy.

Manondorf

Smash Cadet
I don't know if you guys know this already, but for anyone who doesn't: when a character uses up-b they cannot MC for 40 frames after the start of up-b.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if you guys know this already, but for anyone who doesn't: when a character uses up-b they cannot MC for 40 frames after the start of up-b.
Did not know that.

Also, it's good to know I'm not the only one ripping his shirt off every time I stomp someone to their doom.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yep that's why people can't MC my Dairs. =)

Edit: No but seriously that's a really good information. Dair edgeguard is pretty good actually if you do that. Though for a spacy if they are UP-B from very far from lower the ledge I guess maybe Fair or reverse up-air might be better in this case.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The only Digimon avatar I've seen KK use is Kazemon. Nothing from season 4 is anywhere near the word cool. On the other hand, let's say he was using Beelzemon, preferably Blast Mode. Then he would be cool.
I used Puppetmon & Angemon for a while. It might be time for a change.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Nah man, they can meteor cancel it really quickly. Especiall if they start up b like somewhat near the ledge.
There could be a chance for fox to survive on some stages if both MC's are timed perfectly (remember, he's already somewhat low to begin with if you're able to hit him with a dropzone dair), but you have time to see the height of his last meteor cancel just as you DJ, so if you see that he is still considerably high up after getting dair'd and then dair'd again before his up-b could move (somehow), you can just up-b back to the stage instead of suicide dair. falco is 100% dead after any edge move followed by a dropzone dair.

PS- reverse uair spike to dropzone fair is situationally **** in dittos.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
just some weird waveland off bairs against sheik. the one i'm playing around with doesn't see it coming. kage knows what i'm talking about...he hit me with a quick one in one of our dittos.

they work even better when fastfalled. just make sure you can get back. but waveland off a edge platform to bair works in really weird ways when the opponent is just sorta bad haha.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's pretty good, easier to land in some situations too (perfect sweetspot attempt). I like to switch them up like, reverse uair first attempt then dair the second, stuff like that. I can't really say which is better lol, idk. It's a good thing marth's ledge tech options are trash.

:phone:

Linguini

Smash Master
Pretty false kirbykaze, uair is undoubtedly the most flexible and guaranteed edgeguard against marth....it destroys him. Switching it up is good though like ace said

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
ya gotta be well-practiced with sweetspotting the tip of ganon's boot on the tip of his upb... most of the time I pick dair it was probably bc I was more confident with that option given the time I had. It could prob be worded better.

Reverse uair is the most consistent with prodicing the best outcome...haha

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well, it's good if they don't see it coming, but as sheik or marth, i feel like they can fastfall as fast as ganon can, so if they see it, they can just fastfall below it and recover low. but the bair will catch them if they're unawares.

i coulda sworn i was black...oh well...

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, i'm saying go offstage with a waveland bair off a platform. if they get a chance to up b, then yeah, i just punish the landing lag, but that's what most people do, so they don't expect the bair...which is why it works.

it's best a lower percent, where a bair offstage will kill, but if you let them recover to the stage, it's just an issue of their DI; they get extra options then. if you punish the lag with another bair, they won't go very far, and could recover high, or to the edge with a double jump, or airdodge, etc.

landing lag punish is safe, going offstage with bairs is fun, and fast. reverse uair doesn't do anything to sweetspotting sheiks lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Well yeah, if they are at low/med% just grab, cg if possible, and aerial to finish. If they are at like 90% dair for the ko.

I use the wavelands off trip bair/uair less nowadays, people seem to expect it often... idk

Divinokage

Smash Legend
well, it's good if they don't see it coming, but as sheik or marth, i feel like they can fastfall as fast as ganon can, so if they see it, they can just fastfall below it and recover low. but the bair will catch them if they're unawares.

i coulda sworn i was black...oh well...
That's why you can cover 2 options, if they do fastfall with you while you bair and the bair misses.. you can do an immediate reverse upair which will cover the rest of the options the opponent has. Like that even if they jump they get hit, if they don't do anything they get hit too, also if they start the Up-B, they might get hit too.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
that is true. that's why it's good to start off at platform height, so you can still get back even after the uair.

last night i never had to take it that far cause the kids kept getting hit by the bair. well, except the falco i was playing against. he would hold away, to avoid the bair, but i'd just double jump and hit his up b with an uair lol. so yeah, those options do end up covered.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm going to win teams. My right hand is going to play one handed Ganon, while my left hand plays one handed Ganon, and together they're going to team up to beat all of you.

On a serious note, is Ganon's wavedash faster than his run? They seem to be very similar to me, and the fastest way to get across a stage with platforms seems to be to platform dash into a fast falled landdash followed by a few wavedashes. Is this correct?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Perfect wavelands strung together on platform stages with fastfalls is faster, that's about it. Buffering rolls is about the same speed as running too lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
What I like to do with running sometimes is slow it down or sticky walk to stall Ganon a little bit before throwing out a move. It sometimes screws with people's head and then they are caught committing before Ganon so that's funny. lol. I like doing stuff like that, delay things or make people scared before attacking. As Linguini said before, bluffing attacks.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Wait, you can bluff but you can't trash talk? That confuses me, because I trash talk people, but I can never bring myself to bluff about anything. I'll remember that I can do that, though.

On a side note, when me and other people were a lot worse at Melee, I would accidentally Warlock Punch, and rather than take advantage of it, they would stand back because they were scared of being hit. I told them they were being stupid to not take advantage of the Warlock Punch to attack me.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Of course I can bluff, I usually do this in poker too. It's all about your attitude and how you see the situation unfold sort of thing. I can bluff just by looking at you, it's something I learned through experience.

For example, when you see me crouch without seemingly having much purpose.. what I'm actually trying to do is fake that I'm going for a dropzone but then instead I hit you out for whatever thing you are trying to do next. It's a funny mix-up.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
What I like to do with running sometimes is slow it down or sticky walk to stall Ganon a little bit before throwing out a move. It sometimes screws with people's head and then they are caught committing before Ganon so that's funny. lol. I like doing stuff like that, delay things or make people scared before attacking. As Linguini said before, bluffing attacks.
Good point. Delaying things by one second can make a world of difference.

Also when it comes to wavelanding, you can mix up the times and speed of your fast fall to vary spacing, and just overall keep your opponent on their toes. Ganon can be explosively fast sometimes, but sometimes it pays to wait a second longer than "what feels natural" and you eat through a shield, or catch them trying to jump/roll.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I used Puppetmon & Angemon for a while. It might be time for a change.
You've made a wise choice. Puppetmon is one of my favorites, so I'll consider you cool for now.

What do you think of the Puppetmon in Xros Hunters?

Top Bottom