• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
pp is right. i've started DIing in my shield, and i've started DIing lasers. it makes far more difference in the neutral game than you could readily imagine. far more than i ever gave it credit until i started using it. it seemed like some silly theorybros tactic until you just start...doing it.

same with CCing double lasers off the edge. i can't count anymore how many times i've cc'd a laser and gotten a jab out for a free kill.

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
Everyone should learn to CG perfectly if they are gonna play Ganon. It is soooooo satisfying to take a break from trying to powershield, DI, roll, crouch cancel, get edgeguarded, etc and actually go on offense for a sec. Falco is easier than Fox too, so if you grab a Falco around 50-60%, should be a sure kill (literally the CG works past 120% at which point you can just ftilt). If they are smart, they'll DI straight behind to make it harder. You just have to constantly expect it to dash jump cancel grab in time and if they do a different DI, you'll have enough time to react. It's effective enough and doable that it helps me a lot vs Toph and Silentwolf in the spacies matchups. Also, 3 stocking Sheiks on FD is fun XD

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
End fox/falco cg with down-b (in the direction he di's) for a guaranteed ko. They can di that ftilt and live of they minute the matchup well (but most ppl don't).

Down-b at 145%

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
sure, throw money at all the people expected to beat you except for the guy that kicks your *** on a daily basis. I see how it is

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So what you're saying is, I should MM? I'm not sure who's expected to win that. He's had a lot more practice with other people, and generally just a lot more experience playing. But I've dittoed PP a few times and Kirby dittoed him once.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
btw joe, I MAY have found a different teammate for FC. I''l let you know tomorrow

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Dude if you come to FC ill 20 MM you!
Yes, that is how much I want you to make the trip.
Hmm. FC Diamond? That's the tournament in New York right? When is it? Cause I'll definitely consider going, especially if it's near the Bronx. Also, we did some streaming last night and I did some ridiculous stuff for the lolz. Ganon is too funny. lol

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
btw joe, I MAY have found a different teammate for FC. I''l let you know tomorrow
You... TRAITOR!!! Haha nah, don't worry about it. I'm just glad you're still gonna be able to make it man. I have not a doubt in my mind that I will have steadily improved come this August.

Hmm. FC Diamond? That's the tournament in New York right? When is it? Cause I'll definitely consider going, especially if it's near the Bronx. Also, we did some streaming last night and I did some ridiculous stuff for the lolz. Ganon is too funny. lol
It's FC-10 (I think) and it's in South Bend, Indiana haha, just a little off. It's a national tournament and I know Eikelmann and Kage are staying at my place the night before as per current plans and you're welcome to stay as well should you show up.

And I love doing ridiculous stuff with Ganon lmao. I have yet to do the RLD to WF spike, although I know of a situation where it could actually be used - not that it's practical at all XD.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well, I could try but i can't really travel anymore atm.. unless people give money, I don't think i can go to zenith either.. mmm.. Im only going to impulse and then FC. Also I know i'm going to do ****ty now, i cannot keep up with top players anymore because I don't play as often. GG for me.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you don't "keep up" with top players. you drag them down

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
KK, what are you doing in this topic? We don't let any Shiek mains in here, unless they have Digimon avatars.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You mean you aren't responding to the actual post? The only reason I did an edit was because I didn't like how it looked when I used parentheses to say that.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, that doesn't change the date, so I still can't make it. If only it were one week earlier.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
ripple it seems like you play alot of marth. Is he like your alt or something.

Top Bottom