• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
i'm going to eat so much ****ing pizza when i'm in chicago

turtle, you better show me the best pizza place in the entire city while i'm visiting.

oh and kage i expect professional ganondorf tips and training since i never get to see you anymore.

since we'll be rooming together, you have no excuse.
Ian, aren't you a vegan? lol I guess it doesn't count when chicago pizza is involved. And yes, I expect to show you all the greatest pizza places when you're in town. Ginos, lou malnatis, giordanos... you'll like it. Also, kage, I expect the same ganon tutoring that you give to eikelmann.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Ripple who are you slaying ganon's with? hopefully not roy lmao. DK is wayyyyy better, and i'd love to play your DK one day.
Marth. Hence why I complain so much about marth-- ripple was my main training partner for a couple months. Although his DK ***** too, but he doesn't play it anymore really.

Although I'd like to see an ACE vs. Ripple's DK MM haha

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I've had a lot of practice vs Ether, best marth in VA imho. I'd MM his marth too, but I'm rusty now, I bet he'd win. I've played rockcrock's DK a few times so I know what to expect there too so who knows. I'd $100 MM his roy any day. Brutal chaingrab and CC abuse.

edit: raph you should probably just main kirby and quit posting here rofl.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
LOL

Ace you're killin' me. He does have a point Raph, you talk about Kirby more than Ganon. Just sayin' stuff like "Ganon is too good" or "You can't slay Ganon" doesn't make you a Ganon main... sounds like you're a closet Kirby main.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I've been working on my Ganon a lot, I guess I just don't talk about it much. Kirby, on the other hand, I pretty much don't touch outside of friendlies at tournament.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
my set vs eggm is up. gosh i look terrible. i'm just throwing out moves half the time hoping he'll run into them. i don't really have a neutral game at all.

i have a long way to go. hopefully i'll get past the "oh gosh i'm playing x player i've heard of" phase soon. cuz this is embarrassing.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I mean if I was straight but talked about naked dudes all day I wouldn't complain if someone figured I was gay. lmao
Lmfao! Ace, that is the best analogy I have ever heard. And im sorry to tell you this, but I doubt ripple is foolish enough to MM you with roy... even I can occasionally beat his roy due to the matchup being ********.

:phone:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I brought out my DK at the chicago tournament for a couple friendlies.

whooped on Tom R and Scythe with him. I was even feeling extremely rusty with him

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
man, for how good my DK is, I really hate playing him.

everyone wants me to play him too :(

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I know.

You know what, I'm going to become a Kirby main and never talk to you guys again.

I'd change my avatar to a Kirby one, but I like this one too much, so I'll just leave you all with the image I would use, and the song I've been listening to lately.

EDIT: See, it even shows Kirby under my name. And you know I'm serious when it shows Kirby, because you can't just change that at will as if it doesn't mean anything.

EDIT2: Now it shows three Kirbys, because I'm just that serious. Or is it Kirbies?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I brought out my DK at the chicago tournament for a couple friendlies.

whooped on Tom R and Scythe with him. I was even feeling extremely rusty with him
Man, I did some absolutely siiiick stuff vs. either matt or tom r. (whichever made it to grand finals). Some stuff I'd never done before, like some nasty waveland gimps and stuff, I really wish you'd seen it, I think you would have been proud lol. It only ended in him 1-stocking me in the end.

Just shows how much I absolutely love the falcon ganon matchup. Now if only I could end up beating ORLY...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
new avatar. I hope you enjoy crazy pirate Ganondorf

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So, while playing today, I found a trick with Falcon that allows me to be way more technical and fast with him than I usually am. I'm going to see if I can find something similar for Ganon. I don't think the same thing would work, but who knows.

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
If you really want to use down-B, use it similarly how you can use side-B. Wait for the aerial commitment and then use it while they swung at you.. down-B also gives you an auto-spacing that fades you back slightly at the start of the animation. Use these to trap aerials.. the opponent will think he'll hit you but then you use that, they will whiff.

The other layer of that is that now they will DJ to stop it so be mindful of DJs too.. don't get trapped committing first. But then if they do DJ while you haven't committed.. well there's your free uair. =P
To add to that comment about Down B's leanback property, it can bait grabs too. Also, if you predict they will try to roll behind you for some reason, down b can hit that a lot too and send them behind you with bad DI. Also, down B can catch Marth outta his short hop a lot. Buuuuuuuut yeah you shouldn't down b that much haha. Just learn to chain grab, especially spacies :)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So, I was playing some friends, and I got a phantom hit Fair which otherwise would have resulted in a KO. It made me mad. How often has that happened to you guys?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
the way i look at it, the better your spacing gets, the more you'll phantom hit. then, when you're super pro, you space to make sure that 1 pixel hits.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Hmm I want to try to go to FC. I want to consider going to to a big national before I call quits on this game, and FC seems like a good tournament to start out on. Any other mains going?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
SpiderSense, my normal teammate IHSB is teaming with someone else(for shame...)

and if you're interested...think our double ganon team could go okay? I can also go fox with a certain amount of success if I'm playing well needed. It's your call. If Jack refuses to team with me, I'll definitely team with you.

Renth

Smash Hero
South Florida doesn't travel...

Didn't RockCrock, DaShizWiz, Spider_Sense, project and I come to a tournament not too long ago in Tampa? Kids are sleeping all over the place.

Top Bottom