• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Superspright

Smash Lord
I thought the c-stick and the control-stick [the grey one] can both do SDI, but one overrides the other for DI and ASDI. I've definitely used c-stick to tech stage.

Coastward

Smash Lord
All of these ganons in Canada. I need to train some in the West Coast. So rare to find ganons around here though.
just move to canada? err, ganada?

also, i had a general question about getting back on the stage that i see a lot. it looks like ganon wavelands onto the stage and the dashes off of it real quick. hopefully i explained it in a way that its understandable.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
All of these ganons in Canada. I need to train some in the West Coast. So rare to find ganons around here though.

Ya that would be cool but I guess choosing Ganon competitively is a very hard choice especially when people view him as very bad when he isn't.. that much. He's just really hard to master, imo.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
To be really great with Ganon, I realized that one has to be really stubborn and really believe that Ganon can perform really well in tournaments. I feel that we are both stubborn people Kage. And because of that, we can compete nationally, and definitely regionally.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
To be really great with Ganon, I realized that one has to be really stubborn and really believe that Ganon can perform really well in tournaments. I feel that we are both stubborn people Kage. And because of that, we can compete nationally, and definitely regionally.
Heh, I have a lot of reasons and people that support me. This is part of the reason why I can't just give up Ganon after all this time, it's still so fun. =)

But you need to stop being nice and stomp people. lol

And truthfully, I like the pain and burden of maining this character. No pain no gain just like the gym right? =D
Nothing like it!

Renth

Smash Hero
Bizzaro is like the only well-known Ganon player That I haven't played.

I've played...

Kage, Linguini, Chaddd, RockCrock, Ace, Eikelmann, Tipman, (I never played eddie/bushman back in the day) I think that's all of them.

Even after all the ganondorf experience I have which is a lot, I still really don't enjoy playing the match up very much.

Renth

Smash Hero
new ganondorfs? **** yeah. welcome to the good life. :cool:

The way I've been explaining how to play ganon for new ganon mains who asked me at the last tournament (fight pitt 3)

Ganondorf is challenging, imagine trying to learn how to walk after having your knees blown off with a shot gun. In no way would I call ganondorf main a good life. It's a challenging one and it's some of the most fun i've ever had.

I only ever broke character at one event back in 2006 when i would switch to mario because I couldn't beat falcos, I would counter pick FD and do nothing but chain grab.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Hey dad, Have you been watching my recent stuff?
i have. pretty neat stuff there meng.

Hbox was saying to many people he 2-1 me in friendlies with his Falco and got Ian training. lol. And then I also 3 stocked it in crews, **** that ****. Only lose 1 stock to his 3. Now I have to refine the more obscure matchups for Apex somehow..

I was also trying to CG Falco from 0 but it's quite hard, I mess it up a lot..

his falco is free. still working on beating it with my bowser though.

imo don't bother trying to cg spacies until 50+.

Renth

Smash Hero
Team with someone else :p

The only way I'll go is if enough people ask me, I really want to hang out with KirbyKaze. I think I'd end up teaming with some random person from pittsburgh anyway. I have a list of people I've promised to team with but never got a chance to I was supposed to team with green ranger a year ago and fight pitt was our opportunity I think PGH Carroll is next in line? or is it Sweet? idk. Green Ranger is super fun to team with.

Truthfully

I think we only had one good run of doubles together and that was when we took a game off shiz/hydra.

I don't think we're a good team though I enjoy teaming with you just because you're a bro

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
i'm never going to get good at doubles because i'll never have a static teammate.

we took a game off of shiz's team and then we took a game off of colin/josh as ****ing double ganondorf a few months later. idk how you can say we're a bad team, but okay. it's hard to be a good team when we can never really play together, though, so i guess it's a bit pointless.

doubles is some ****.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i'm never going to get good at doubles because i'll never have a static teammate.

we took a game off of shiz's team and then we took a game off of colin/josh as ****ing double ganondorf a few months later. idk how you can say we're a bad team, but okay. it's hard to be a good team when we can never really play together, though, so i guess it's a bit pointless.

doubles is some ****.

Eh? It should be the opposite especially as a Ganon main. When you get to team with a lot of different people, you get to learn many different strategies. Though I guess this is more apparent with players that knows how to apply tactics and make switches.

Top Bottom