• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

tm

Smash Ace

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I know one thing mainly I can point out vs Fox, Ian. You did not edgeguard him very well. After being told that i have to be aggressive off-stage vs him, you need to do it as well. A lot of his Firefox recovery close to the ledge were not edgeguarded. If you are already facing backwards when he starts it, jump off-stage reverse uair, if not you have to punch him or uair works too. I know also moonwalk to reverse uair can edgeguard that very well and can probably cover his side-B as well. If it doesnt work out, he's forced to go low and you can grab the ledge and do that falling uair from the ledge you always do.

Edit: I can go more in depth later.

Last edited:

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I know one thing mainly I can point out vs Fox, Ian. You did not edgeguard him very well. After being told that i have to be aggressive off-stage vs him, you need to do it as well. A lot of his Firefox recovery close to the ledge were not edgeguarded. If you are already facing backwards when he starts it, jump off-stage reverse uair, if not you have to punch him or uair works too. I know also moonwalk to reverse uair can edgeguard that very well and can probably cover his side-B as well. If it doesnt work out, he's forced to go low and you can grab the ledge and do that falling uair from the ledge you always do.

Edit: I can go more in depth later.
Woah, Kage actually moonwalking into edge guards? ****ing finally. Told you all that **** was godlike. :)

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
More of a question than critique. I notice you keep doing uair chaingrabs on fastfallers where if they DI in, you regrab and if they DI out you hit them with a uair or cover tech options on a platform. Why use that setup at the 40-50% range on fox when dthrow>late jab>mis tech>d/fair is available? I felt as if you got a grab at this percent range a lot of times and didn't capitalize as well as you could have. Still, I like the chaingrab DI trap stuff that I've been seeing. Do you have any guidelines for percents to work that magic?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
More of a question than critique. I notice you keep doing uair chaingrabs on fastfallers where if they DI in, you regrab and if they DI out you hit them with a uair or cover tech options on a platform. Why use that setup at the 40-50% range on fox when dthrow>late jab>mis tech>d/fair is available? I felt as if you got a grab at this percent range a lot of times and didn't capitalize as well as you could have. Still, I like the chaingrab DI trap stuff that I've been seeing. Do you have any guidelines for percents to work that magic?
It's more guaranteed than the kage combo. Ganon can cover all options on a platform if you're positioned right. I've been messing with Ian's up throw chain grabs too, and if they DI in, you get a regrab, so wait unti lthey land on the platform and get a free up air.

Players who know the matchup will actually expect the jab too, and will tech away. I think SFAT does this quite a bit. After playing me for ~3 years, whenever Ripple goes fox / falco / falcon, I can almost never land that combo because he's always ready. Which gets me wondering how in the hell he got destroyed so hard by Ian. Good stuff once again, Ian. If anyone knows that matchup, it's Ripple.

But yea, the up throw chain grab mix up is better in many situations.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Agreed with Ian. By the way, I was just thinking of something. So, whenever I up air an opponent on a platform, I usually throw out another up air because they try to jump or something stupid. But if they keep their shield up, I'm pretty much screwed. Do you think up air on shield --> DJ --> waveland grab would be a viable solution to this? Or would it be too high risk? It could also cover a roll. @ -ACE- -ACE- ?

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
honestly i've implemented so much from gravy/gahtzu's falcon play into my playstyle.

and at this point joe i expect a perfect shield drop --> attack after an uair on their shield. even if they don't shield drop at all, that option isn't good at all because they still have so much time to jump away or to get off the platform. :( too high risk i think.

but if they shield drop, definitely impossible to do that viably

really important to take note of if your opponent shield drops in this day and age

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I stopped caring about melee to focus on PM. I haven't legitimately practiced melee since Big house

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
I use Ganondorf as surprise pick against Marth to wreck him, I heard Ganon is good against him and I had some success on that.

Is there any other character that Ganon is really good enough to pick him compared to the other characters I can play (in my signature)?

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I use Ganondorf as surprise pick against Marth to wreck him, I heard Ganon is good against him and I had some success on that.

Is there any other character that Ganon is really good enough to pick him compared to the other characters I can play (in my signature)?
Ganon can do work vs Peach, Puff, and especially Ice Climbers.

Top Bottom