• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I think side-b is a good choice to mix things up. Don't rely on it because it's too hard not to be predictable if you do (imo), and a missed side-b almost always results in severe punishment. And I'm pretty sure that in most cases your side-b will hit Peach as long as it makes it through the turnip (sometimes it goes through projectiles fine and sometimes it doesn't like I said I dunno exactly why lol). Hopefully Magus can shed some light on the mechanics of the side-b for us lol

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
lol Xander. Just wavelanding everywhere on a stage is awesome enough.

Ganon has the sexiest wavelands.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I got a couple of vids of me vs a pretty good Peach player. Check em out. I think Ace is going to put them in the archives later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMV2VBSiPWA&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyn3scEjPjM&feature=related
sexy matches dude. You are all over the place, I wish I had my wavelands and moonwalks down like that. I can't moonwalk as it is.

but the other vid is broken, I like the Up tilt combo with the Down throw, mindgame central

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Is it just me or does F-air -> Jab not work on Peach? She seems to alway shieldgrab me.

brayden7

Smash Cadet
Fox: 60-40 in fox's favor.
This really isnt as bad as everyone makes it seem.With careful playing ganon can win this, only because once fox is off the stage hes not coming back and fox's camping can easily be shut down by perfect wavelands.

Marth: 50-50, or 55-45 in marths favor.
Really close matchup, completely dependent on spacing. The only reason I say maybe 55-45 is because its quite easy to get off a sick combo on ganon with marth that=the stock.

Falco: 50-50 or 55-45 in Falco's favor.
I know this matchup wayy too well, so far no falco ive played can beat my ganon(shiz/pc/chops).
At high levels of play it gets really even, ganon puts on pressure like mother****er when falco is cornered and falco's ****ty recovery is almost a free stock.At lower levels its in falco's favor slightly,improper tactics to get around lasers can really get you in a bad spot against falco.

Sheik: 60-40 in sheiks favor.
Let me say this, it's def. winnable. Ganon has a chaingrab on her as well.
Nuff said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLPBP2IX_M8 i believe thats u losing to a falco

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's like me saying I'm the Falcon Slayer, but i can still lose to pro Falcons, it's not because you are the slayer that you can't lose no matter what. Brayden fails.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
At this point, ya pretty much, they have no idea what they are talking about.

Edit: Hopefully, I'm gonna have some new vids soon of the tournament last weekend. The way I played it was **** in general.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
At this point, ya pretty much, they have no idea what they are talking about.

Edit: Hopefully, I'm gonna have some new vids soon of the tournament last weekend. The way I played it was **** in general.
At this point? They had no idea when they started.

Also, hurray for more vids!

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I have to agree that they are pretty easy. Not with my controller though...I need to fix my joystick again.

Just jump and perform a perfect waveland by fast falling just before reaching the ground and then wavelanding fully horizontal. Before you stop moving from the waveland, flick your joystick in the opposite direction and then do the moonwalk.

Can you even moonwalk? Practice with Falcon first to get the feel.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
yeah I can definitely moonwalk.

I guess this is just another thing I'll have to practice to look extra sexy.

I just think I have the timing wrong. I'll get a perfect wave land, but I end up just sanding in place and turning around when i try the moonwalk part.

*goes and practices*

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I do try right before it ends. I've only gotten to whole moonwalks twice. I've done a couple of half moonwalks, and the rest where he stands in place and turns around.

I'm getting there, I'm just have to practice a bit.

And I don't know why, but I laughed at "to accelerate Ganon."

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
**** it. I don't know if I just am inputting directions too slow for a noticeable moonwalk or what but **** it. I'm done with it. I'll just try and be a better player.

Seriously **** it.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's true that moonwalking isn't a prerequisite to having a great Ganon, but it does have it's uses. I like to use it as a quick way to grab the edge (fair someone offstage, dash, shorthop, fastfall, perfect waveland, reverse moonwalk and fastfall to the ledge). It's got to be very close to the same speed as dash, wd forward, pivot wd back and ff to ledge, and it's a lot safer than trying to waveland pivot edgehog (pivot as you're sliding off the edge, the fastest way).

When I was learning perfect waveland to moonwalk, I had to train my fingers just to be fast enough to go through the motions. Once I had enough speed I kept practicing until my accuracy increased enough for me to be able to do it on command. I dunno if that helps but it definitely took me some practice. Moonwalking is fun :>

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I'm kind of in the same boat with Hyde, I just can't do it, I still can't get Ganon to dash after my waveland, and I have tried slowing down my timing. This is like, the one Ganon thing I can't do.

Maybe when care enough I''' go back and try it.

I do know moonwalking isn't a prerequisite, I just wanted to do this ever since I first saw it since it looks so smooth.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Do you guys nair at all? I've been experimenting and so far wavelanding off a platform while facing it into an immediate neutral air seems to work pretty well, by the time you land you have almost no lag at all. Also been using it to smack people who throw me off a platform at lower percents then try to follow up. I haven't been able to pull anything consistent with it yet though, it seems like it depends on the opponent to get hit by it

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I generally only use it when I'm comboing as a DI mindgame. Like Downair, Nair to Fair or.. Downthrow to nair sometimes... like that if they DI into me then it might either 2 hit or I can follow up into something else.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, but how do you move during the nair? don't you have to sort of push yourself into him or something? he usually gets out of the second hit for me, but it seems close, but i don't know where to put myself to hit them both times.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
you gotta full hop for one, you make it look like the first hit drags them up into the second. I can't tell you about the DI though :\

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I wish I knew of the situations (regarding your opponent's character, %damage, and DI) where the second hit of the nair is guaranteed to hit if you land the first one (of course spacing would be important also). I often miss the second hit as well, even on Marth at low% sometimes (when they DI away). As it is, I usually uair in most situations where nair could be applicable, which is better than missing the 2nd hit of the nair imo, and on many chars if they don't DI the uair you can get another one.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I wish I knew of the situations (regarding your opponent's character, %damage, and DI) where the second hit of the nair is guaranteed to hit if you land the first one (of course spacing would be important also). I often miss the second hit as well, even on Marth at low% sometimes (when they DI away). As it is, I usually uair in most situations where nair could be applicable, which is better than missing the 2nd hit of the nair imo, and on many chars if they don't DI the uair you can get another one.
The 2nd hit is not garanteed at any percent. It really depends where he DIs the first hit. If he DIs inside then 2 hits are gonna happen at low %.. If he DIs away then only one hit and perhaps you can't even follow up after that. As I said, it's a DI mindgame, I mean if you go for downthrow Fair or Backair and he DIs away when he thinks you are going to Nair then he's dead lol. This is a general Marth tactic after a downthrow. It works on Falcon too at Mid % also even spacies I think I managed that as well. I mean it's not only downthrow, it can be downair as well. It's a 50/50 chance to DI correctly, unless your reaction time is through the roof. And ya generally you want to move forward with the Nair.

I mean look at Kage vs Mikehaze on Mute City. I downair to downair Kage special.. into nair double hit from 0 lol. I failed the follow up after that but you know. =P

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I know exactly what you mean by a DI mindgame... but...

I don't see why more people, at low% (and med% if you aren't near the ledge) don't DI away until you see a move like fair coming. Honestly you have plenty of time to: hold away and keep your eye on your opponent, and if you see fair coming, switch your DI to up and slightly in. That's what I do.

If you dthrow Marth at low% and he DI's behind, I don't see why you wouldn't go for the guaranteed 16% (and the knockback, in some situations) that bair gives you. Can you even land both hits of a nair in this situation (if they DI the first hit of the nair in the same direction as you would want to survival DI a bair)?

Top Bottom