• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How valid of an option is keeping Din's Fire in the "Boomerang" mode?

Incenetum

Smash Cadet
I'm a piece of **** when it comes to Smash as a whole, but while experimenting with Zelda, I started messing around with staying mobile and using the fireball to keep people out if they tried to get in on me. If I kept moving in a decently sized area, it had a radius where it would generally stay around me until it fizzled off. I kept it at full size for the knockback, but the smallest sizes seemed to be too fast to move around it.

I haven't read through all the post-3.5 posts about Zelda, so I apologize if this idea has been brought up before, but it was interesting and I haven't seen it here so I thought I would share it.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
First off, you can teleport through it. That'll GREATLY expand your options.

As far as viability goes, it can be pretty nice. You basically have a hitbox just moving around while you do things. Using it effectively, however, is an entirely different matter. Moving yourself to control where Din's goes is a mind-bogglingly difficult task. It's high risk and low reward, because you have to worry about what your opponent is doing as well. In time could this be an effective tactic? I doubt it. I see it more used as a gimmick, but who knows?

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
The new Din's Fire has tons of potential with it's boomerang features. Like Kaeldiar said, teleporting is a great way to confuse it's lock on and force it to switch paths. This is especially powerful when you create a large Din because it moves so slowly that it can protect where you are teleporting to. If you want to get the hang of how it orbits Zelda try going into training mode and making a gigantic Din's. As it starts returning to you full jump over it and fast fall. When it's that big and slow and won't instantly return to Zelda and you can make it orbit you through the stage and platforms. Use quick wave lands to throw off it's trajectory. This Din will be most effective when you can control where and when it tracks you. Always keep in mind that it will stop tracking you when you get hit, so don't get too comfortable.

Top Bottom