• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how would I go about recording my matches?

max1130

Smash Rookie
I want to record some ssbm matches with my pc but I don't have the slightest clue how. can anyone give me a tut or something? (also I'm NOT computer illiterate)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Try looking in the videography section of the Videos room. They have some good guides there.

But here's how it goes in a nut shell:

Any 8 year old who can read can figure out how to tape their shows off of the tv. I'm assuming you know how to record your matches to a tape (or dvd if you happen to ahve a dvr)
The problem is getting them to your computer. The most common method is to buy a "capture card". It's just a pci card that has AV and sometimes some other inputs that will allow you to get video from an AV source. There are some other devices that allow you to do the same thing though, including some high end video cards and even USB decives. (I use a usb AdsTech VideoXpress) From there it's just a matter of formatting and compressing using your video editor of choice. (I use Ulead)

Good Luck

Top Bottom