• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would you fight a Toon Link?

Beagle007

Smash Apprentice
I have a tournament soon and everyone expects for the finals to be myself TL and my friend MK so if you were the MK how would you play against a good TL that excels at short-hop air game and edge-guarding.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
well abuse your projectiles since MK has none, save your kill moves till like 100 (like usmash and fsmash). and thats pretty much it :\ good luck on the tourney

Beagle007

Smash Apprentice
lol thanks its on October 9th! I can't wait for it, I usually win the local tournaments even against metas but this is the best meta in the region vs the best TL in the region so it should be really good!

Beagle007

Smash Apprentice
make sure you get ur matches recorded, i would like to see your toon link :)

edit: also, try using short hop dodge Z to keep meta from getting close along with all your projectiles. Good luck!
that is great because Z-air is a major part of my game! (Thanks to Air cancelling goodness!) does it have priority over all of his aerials?

Also thanks for posting all over Santi's match i had only seen round 3, his playstyle is fantastic and is what I try to play like, and toss some other stuff in... that doesn't always work XD. But Dojo is amazing, I'm watching him for spots of weakness in MK

ChileNess

Smash Apprentice
i live where a Wii is and a tourney in the moment.
hope this helps.

Svae your most Kill moves till 100% so you can easily kill MK .

If MK D-Tilts you dont be fool to atk him if hes good expect a grab or F-Tilt (buffering)

IF hes coming to the stage just spam things MK will dont get edgeguarded easily....

spam most of your proyectiles dont get too close range with him.

play 1Player slot if you want to grab him but its better IMO P4 because he cant grab you if you are with a Bomb (so much grab-...:))

Play smart dont be obios and dont let the flow of the match stays in control of MK he cant nado you. Also dont come to attack him in high % you will get Shuttle Looped form Shield (trust me) practice DI do you know hot to DI properly? Good luck.

Hope this helped ani question help PM me

ChileNess

Smash Apprentice
i live where a Wii is and a tourney in the moment.
Are you telling me control slots affect your gameplay??? O_O

YEAH you better go to tactics section........

1P grabs priority (if two grabs occur at the same time 1P always win)
4P Faux super armor (when the grabber or the victim its hit by explosives or attacks the higher slot recives no knockback)

COOOOOOL for playing against Snake and grabbing his cypher.

Top Bottom