• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would you handle my friend?

Agent Seta

Smash Rookie
Really though, advanced techniques aren't INCREDIBLY important (aside from perhaps the shffl and shield grab). A player could be extremely good without using any advanced techniques at all. Really all they do is add more variables into the game, making everything less predictable. However, if you could base your style of gameplay off of the fact that you make it LESS complicated, you could still be quite good (kind of like a drunken fist type thing, but the opposite). Usually in a match you'll find that the better player can win without using advanced techniques, unless they're very close in skill level.

On a different note, all this flaming is getting really stupid, you'd think this was AN... If someone asks for help, provide it. Heck, someone'll probably flame me for this post before this thread is through.

And as far as cyko's inquiry, probably the best person I've played to date is super doodle man... not really sure how good he actually is, since I don't really have anyone to compare him to, I don't have many people to play where I live (nor time to find them...) :(

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
@seta: i agree with you about not flaming someone who asks for help, but i disagree w/your statement about the shffl.
when you say they aren't that important what do you mean-- are they [advanced tactics] necessary in order to have fun playing the game-- absolutely not. I enjoyed playing the game for a while b/f I found out about the advanced tactics. However, there is a ceiling as far as how good you can be w/o using them, shffling in particular. I understand your point of improved play through simplification, but there is a difference between a style of play being simple and slow.

gtCYKO

Smash Rookie
I can somewhat do the shuffle pretty good now, I spent all day yesterday practicing the b-air and u-air with Mario. I need to work on Marth, his timing is way different....

ºOblivionº

Smash Journeyman
Really though, advanced techniques aren't INCREDIBLY important (aside from perhaps the shffl and shield grab). A player could be extremely good without using any advanced techniques at all. Really all they do is add more variables into the game, making everything less predictable. However, if you could base your style of gameplay off of the fact that you make it LESS complicated, you could still be quite good (kind of like a drunken fist type thing, but the opposite). Usually in a match you'll find that the better player can win without using advanced techniques, unless they're very close in skill level.

On a different note, all this flaming is getting really stupid, you'd think this was AN... If someone asks for help, provide it. Heck, someone'll probably flame me for this post before this thread is through.

And as far as cyko's inquiry, probably the best person I've played to date is super doodle man... not really sure how good he actually is, since I don't really have anyone to compare him to, I don't have many people to play where I live (nor time to find them...) :(
Yea I agree with this I was trying to say something similare to this but I couldnt word it right. So I got flamed for it. I love your comparisment to the drunken fist stlye opposite. Majority of the Smashboards conmunity 97% percent of it. Playing stlyes are EXtremly similare look wise. They all edgehog, Dash dance and wave dash. Which mean the are used to and are expecting people they play against, to preform all of these tactics while their so used to countering them. That an advance simple fighting style will give them more of fight. Aniki would be the one that most fits this discription.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
This discussion about how useful advanced tactics are is getting away from the point of the thread. There have been many threads addressing this topic. If cupcake is done than this thread should be ended.

sin_the_warrior

Smash Rookie
Cyko, the toughest player i have played against was vincent (who pwned me very badly even though i am a good player) Vincent is currently ranked 8th overall internationally i think

sin_the_warrior

Smash Rookie
I can somewhat do the shuffle pretty good now, I spent all day yesterday practicing the b-air and u-air with Mario. I need to work on Marth, his timing is way different....

A good player would have all his Main's timings down all the time

I play a variety of characters prefering C.Falcon, Marth(even though he is a Fairy Boy) or Fox and know all their moves and when to use them by heart, almost as a secondnature

swordgard

Smash Hero
Cyko, the toughest player i have played against was vincent (who pwned me very badly even though i am a good player) Vincent is currently ranked 8th overall internationally i think
Hmm who the **** is vincent>.>
Unless u give me his username im thinking hes currently ranked as bad real bad....he might be a noob and u dont know>.>

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
end thread please

@sin: then congratulations on being the only perfect player.

seriously though, will people stop antagonizing this kid. he's trying to get better, leave him alone.

to moderator: please end this thread.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Regardless of what character you play, learn how to use dashdance for mindgames. Dashdancing itself takes about 5 minutes to learn, tops. But, if you can dashdance -> grab, dashdance -> aerial, or whatever else you feel like spamming, and time it differently and do different attacks everytime, it'd work wonders for you. People who try to help new players often overlook dashdancing, but if you can play smart, it'd do a lot in a short amount of time to learn.

sin_the_warrior

Smash Rookie
@sin: then congratulations on being the only perfect player.

seriously though, will people stop antagonizing this kid. he's trying to get better, leave him alone.

to moderator: please end this thread.

not berating, just saying....sorry to sound like a loser
and i only know these because i devote all my time to it. i have seriously dropped my
grades 2 leters at least because i picked up smash after vowing to never play again 2 years ago

C4-854

Smash Rookie
I have a question.... Wasn't this cupcakes thread, b/c CYKO is answering more than him lol.?

Anyways, cupcake, learn to utilize fox's speed and shining. You can go for the advanced stuff, too, but the speed and shining are the basics of most of the fox's i've played. My one main opponent got a new controller, couldn't WD anymore, so he converted his style of play to mostly running, jumping, and flying around unexpectedly. I must say he's better now.

Top Bottom