• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Would You Rate Yourself???

JUDGE

Smash Lord
so yeah guys
i often played against some newbies and before playing they all say something like: i gonna crush you; you don't stand a chance against my(main) or something like that
and after the match.......they all got 3 stocked by me hehe^^.
i was wondering whether they can't ***** them selfs.
so yeah that's the topic of my thread: how would you rate yourself???

the chart goes from 0 to 100 (0=totally noob,why did you bought brawl??
10=you are too bad, don't even try too improove your game!!
20=try another game,you aren't really a brawler
30=Not bad!! you can beat a lv 2 computer!!^^
40=you play brawl for fun. not more not less
50=like playing brawl but know that you aren't that good
60=loose more than wins, but still wins sometimes
70=pretty good but still have to learn more(wins often)
80=Very good!wins alot, and also wins regional tournaments
90=nearly(!) never loose. often won tourneys(boss;azen;ken)
100=godlike!!!!(there is no one out there):chuckle:
i would say i'm a pretty good player.if i had to rate myself i would say i'm a 76. :laugh:

ok the rating system of me isn't the best. i was very tired when i made this so please don't punish me^^
but the nice burning crusader helped me out and made another one
here it is:

0 - What's Brawl?
Has little experience with the game, casual, competitive, or otherwise. May have played a few times for a few minutes each.

1 - The Beginner
Has played the game lightly and knows some to most character movesets. Tends to pick random characters with little intention as to why. Very basic gameplay level.

2 - Curiosity
Has started to commit more time to one character and started to work more with said character while maintaining previous knowledge. Still at a basic gameplay level.

3 - Novice
Has good control over the basics of the game and is able to compete solidly with other players at this same level. Starting to weave small hints of better play into their game, such as intentionally spacing and zoning at times, albeit with simpler commands.

4 - Pre-Intermediate Exploration
Has mastered all game basics; they have become second nature. Has started to experiment with more characters to the extent (or further) that they had done at stage 2 with one character. Has started to use techniques such as dash dancing or short hopping in small, sporadic amounts.

5 - Intermediates
Knows all character movesets front to back, if they hadn't known from earlier stages. Starting to use techniques like SHFF, DAC, and OoS options more frequently. May understand one or two small nuances in the characters they use, such as Grenade Dropping with Snake or Arrow Looping with Pit, but may not use those character-specific techniques completely effectively. Punishes some mistakes made by opponents.

6 - Competitive Intermediates
Definite (technical) mastery over universal advanced techniques like SHFF and DAC. Understands a fair number of character-specific techniques and can execute them consistently. Starting to understand the importance of character and stage matchups; may attempt to read opponents from time to time. Punishes a good number of mistakes that opponents make. At this stage, may start attending small tournaments.

7 - Advanced
Understands the situational uses of universal and character-specific techniques. Understands matchups and how to make a good counterpick, for both character and stage. Keeps a good eye on opponent patterns and punishes them accordingly; may start cluing in to slightly smaller mistakes that opponents make, but may not be able to punish them too well. Can place high or win at small tournaments, and may start attending slightly larger events. Tournament experience is a must to even dream of advancing past this stage.

8 - Competitive Advanced
Near absolute technical and mental mastery of universal and character-specific techniques. Excellent counterpicking ability; can poke holes in matchups that aren't ridiculous so as to not be too vulnerable during the first round. Punishes the grand majority (if not all) of larger mistakes that an opponent makes and can sometimes punish smaller mistakes. Effectively reads opponent strategies and manipulates them to the player's advantage. Easily sweeps small tournaments, aside from the presence of a higher level player, and can place respectably at medium-sized events. May start to attend national functions.

9 - Professional
Those players who have started the climb to the upper eschelon. Incredible knowledge of character matchups and stage counterpicks. Punishes all large mistakes by opponents, and larger frequency of punishing small mistakes. Reads gameplay as a second language and as such can make other players walk into well-plotted setups. Places highly in or wins medium-sized events, and places decently in national events.

10 - Guru
True masters (in some sense) of the game; generally those who place highly and/or win top level tournaments. Perfect execution, borderline psychic reading abilities, utmost knowledge of character and stage matches. One small mistake versus these players, and you'll eat a large amount of punishment. Knows how to read gameplay better than their native language, and one pattern relapse will cause you to be placed into an ambiguously plotted setup. The absolute best of the best.

11 - Isai
Too good.

yeah...that is way better then mine. feel free to choose between this two rating system
enjoy^^

n88

Smash Lord
60-70. Hard to say, because there aren't any tournies around where I live. I don't get much to compare to.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Its usually the people that add my FC from youtube that think they're all pro's and such and then I get disappointed as they seem to think that the Direction Stick & C stick only exists in their controller. I learned my lesson that fighting people from there are bad practice, thus I joined smashboards >__>

Enough crap talk.. um.. Im about 60'ish too

No tournies from where I live so I dont know what my skill level is compared to other peeps.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I hate how everyone goes ahead and says they're in the 60's.

n88

Smash Lord
I say I'm in the 60's because among the group that I play with, that's where I am. If I went to a tourney I would get *****. This scale isn't really measurable, which doesn't help.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Kosk is probably the only one I'd believe.

You all overrate yourselves.

n88

Smash Lord
The problem is just as much with the scale as with the people. The requirement for being a 60 is "lose more than wins". Reading that, I immediately think "Yes!!! I qualify!!"

Wre I to compare myself with the competitive Smash community in general, I would say about a 14.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What I'm saying is, people don't want to make themselves seem too good in the event that someone calls them out. Yet they still get destroyed by people that are better than them. Which leads me to believe that none of us are 60's. 60 - 70 sounds more like people that are on character PR's. The people that don't win tournaments, but place consistently.

n88

Smash Lord
What I'm saying is, people don't want to make themselves seem too good in the event that someone calls them out. Yet they still get destroyed by people that are better than them. Which leads me to believe that none of us are 60's. 60 - 70 sounds more like people that are on character PR's. The people that don't win tournaments, but place consistently.
Yes, the vast majority of people do probably overrate themselves (including me). But most people have never played against people that good, and therefore don't realize how badly they're overestimating their skill. Plus, nobody likes to think that they're bad.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i cannot determine my score, simply because my value as a player can only be determined 1. by who i play with 2. as the community views my skill as a whole

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
50=like playing brawl but know that you aren't that good
60=loose more than wins, but still wins sometimes
70=pretty good but still have to learn more(wins often)
80=Very good!wins alot and ready for making a good(!)combovid

Should give the thing a rethink, quite a jump between 60-70 from poor to good. Should be an average

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Seriously. Don't go by the words, people. Go by the numbers.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I have not been to any toruney's or played enough people "no lag" to have a proper rating, but based on my current stats, I'm in the 80's, where I'd place myself against good players, I might be 50 - 60, maybe even 40, I might never know.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I don't even think I could rate myself....I mean...being my own critic I would be a -500 for being bold enough to play smash...:)

But seriously I think other people would be a better judge of my skill than myself...but I'll go ahead and say 48

Matt07

Smash Master
I'm probably a 9 because I'm half the skill as Straked.

Why? Because I can't even gimp his Ness :(.

Seriously though I'd probably be around a upper 50 range/60. I dunno all I do is play computers now since I quit WiFi. Gotta stop the WiFi habits before I hit tournaments this fall.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

I place top ten in Brawl tourneys, Singles & Doubles, and can go toe to toe with SuPeRbOoM. I've got the placings to back it up. That being said, I sure as hell can't put myself above Kosk or SuPeRbOoM or any of the epic names out there. I know my limits, but I know when I can break them too. :p I've played and beaten some rather good players as well.

Don't fault me for losing against MKs though. I'm Sonic. LMAO

Watch as people go, "LOL I CALL BULL**** n00b!!" :\ It's a forum and I've got confidence. Big deal.

Oh hell, I'll be nice. 78.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Wow... I'd like to believe I'm at 70. :laugh: But my opponents are crap; I've hardly faced good opponents. I try my best to improve and fight correctly...but who should I compare myself to?

EDIT: I don't have the right to claim 70. My apologies. :) I'm abou 50, I guess...

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I'm 19...just because I know I could take straked. ;P

talking smack fo sho, I happen to be the annoying nub who always does that, then loses every time. xD

no but seriously, I suck. o____o

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm probably a 9 because I'm half the skill as Straked.

Why? Because I can't even gimp his Ness :(.

Seriously though I'd probably be around a upper 50 range/60. I dunno all I do is play computers now since I quit WiFi. Gotta stop the WiFi habits before I hit tournaments this fall.
Ocon can't gimp my Ness. :(

Not you, Matt.

I'm 19...just because I know I could take straked. ;P

talking smack fo sho, I happen to be the annoying nub who always does that, then loses every time. xD

no but seriously, I suck. o____o
Only because I use crap characters and because I'm bad online. :p Seriously, I'd love to see you place better than I do in Florida. It's a Dededefest.

/not being serious.

Top Bottom