• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Would You Rate Yourself???

Jinxkatrina8

Smash Cadet
Probably 65-75, although I don't do tournaments, I do get a chance to play against quite a few very skilled players, and I'm very good with a handful of characters, more to learn with the others :)

Don't judge by post counts, I just recently decided to start posting after a long time lurking, lol.

konorob

Smash Rookie
Definitely a 65-ish and a 6. I may not visit these boards very often but I've been playing the SSB series since it started.

D

Deleted member

I'd say a solid 70. I have advanced in tourneys pretty well, but I have never won one. I play a good 4-5 hours a day and I have improved significantly as an overall player.

ghandi

Smash Rookie
I'd say I'm like a four or five. I don't really know about any tournaments to play in, kind of why I joined the site

ThisCircle

Smash Rookie
I'll be honest.
I'm somewhere High 60's low 70's
I seem to find myself doing stupid mistakes, but then i also find myself clever at some points.
Then i pat myself on the back for it :)

InfiniteBlaze

Smash Apprentice
Im about a 32. This game is really hard.

This noobish metaknight and lucario beat me in my first tournament. MewKing and Lee/M or something like that... Gawd, I can't even beat a metaknight 50% of the time.

lol at you calling M2K a noob

jonebilly

Smash Rookie
60.5. I'm not very manly... but I'm not girly either. I like to think I take the best of both, but... I gotta say I like "pretty" and "cute" things.

Thanks.

G.D.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0877-0665-3997
Ignoring the obligatory 60-70 of the first scale, I'd say I'm at least a 5 on the second. I seem to know a great deal of character-specific techniques and can use many of them effectively, but I'm still lacking mastery in certain universal ones like SHFF (and I'm not even sure what OoS is). So... yeah.

Joe-kun

Smash Cadet
As Wario, it really differs for my rating. Someone once told me this:

"Your Wario? Well, as good and sneaky as you are, you wouldn't win any tournaments - But you'd put up a dang good fight."

For the game itself? Probably about 50-70, depending on if I'm having a good day.

ShadowWolff

Smash Rookie
Since i mostly play with players better then me.... i would say a 75 on the first scale and 6 on the second scale. Out of 10 of my friends i played against only 2 can beat me... so yeah i would say im pretty good :]

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
I would say... mid 60's, because I end up reading people fairly quickly, I punish them often because I have been playing Pikachu for a looong time before I came here. I have been using...maybe 75% of Pika's combos and such just be experimenting, but I still have yet to master techniques such as that darned QAC, and I need to really work on my edgeguarding. My strategy with Pika is simple; offense is the best defense, so I have focused my effort on mainly racking up damage, and then crushing them with a kill move. I have also heavily practiced my dodging, because if I can dodge instead of shield, that usually leaves the opponent open to my wrath. =D I win...probably 88% of the time. I win usually 8-9 games, then lose once.

Yet I still have not attended any smashes or tournaments ever, and am lacking the core techniques that give Pika the edge - right now, I'm practicing QAC like crazy, because I think that would make me deadly. I also am working on my edgeguards, and I've started playing mindgames while I'm hanging out on the ledge, trying to sucker the other player into failing, so I can punish them.

So, basically, I have the basic and advanced controls for the game down, but have not yet learned Pikachu's advanced techs, and have not been to tournaments.

I also am learning the terminology for the smashboards; at first I was like "What's a fair?!?"

So I'd say...65.5 probably. My problem with this rating system is that some of my attributes bleed into some other categories, which is wierd...

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
I completely obliterate my friends but i've never been to a tournament. Having said that, I reckon my skill would put me somewhere between 60 and 80... (probably on the lower end) but I really have no idea.

jorgen aune

Smash Cadet
based on Norways local tournements and overall metagame i would be like 90
however, i dont know exactly how skilled you are in the USA, but i guess i might be around 40

iLSA

Smash Cadet
I haven't competed in regional tounaments mainly from the lack of them existing around where I live, but I'd say I am a 55-70, more towards the middle (depending on off days and such). All (but one) of my friends suck, so I have limited amount of say on this matter. The friends who suck are 'nado spammers, falcon PAWNCH spammers, etc. Noobs. XD

Top Bottom