• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How's this marios....

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Your Mario's a beast! Loved the way you used your uairs. I suggest using dair more and jab set-ups like jab->D-smash or jab->grab. And the way you finished DK was sweet. :)

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Thanks alot and i will work on more jabs and d-air i know i need to work them in there.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
pretty good mario, but I'd try to chain your fireballs into a grab>upair combo more often. You had the chance several times, but never took it. :/

-__-

Smash Ace
Stop spamming Fsmash....its one of his best killing moves and loses its purpose as it deteriorates when u spam it
When you do a lagless aerial instead of fsmashing do 2 jabs and grab or try a jab lock if you can learn it

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Ya i know about jab locking just pretty hard to find the opportunity to whip it out ya know lol.

-__-

Smash Ace
Ya i know about jab locking just pretty hard to find the opportunity to whip it out ya know lol.
look at his aerial moves some moves cause your opponent to trip or to do a random back flip. if they do thats when you jab lock. you coulda done it to DK a few times.

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
i see you took note from my mario >_< looks like imma have to record my mario now so people see how beast i am lol

IceAge

Smash Cadet
From watching the first video, you seemed to Full Jump too many times. Use Fastfall more often too. Against Ike, you should be spamming fireballs until he approaches, you shouldn't have to approach Ike. You also used jump into Nair as a jab type move, I find jab combo into downsmash to be much better and faster, especially against heavies.

Good vids though.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Don't jump into the ****.

With Ike, don't approach. Spam fireballs to pressure him into attacking you. You deteriorated the purpose of his Fsmash by spamming it. His Dsmash is better suited for situations where the opponent may try to dodge roll out of the Fsmash

With DK, you did good, but you shouldn't be so aggresive with him. If you have a chance to throw, take it because it will lead to a Uair combo. TONS of missed opportunities here.

And on a side note, how did the guy who hosts your videos get them to upload to Youtube?

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
And on a side note, how did the guy who hosts your videos get them to upload to Youtube?
He has a video capture card he hooks the wii up to his computer and records the replay.

One quick thing i forgot to mention :\ this was from about a month ago so i have improved on a lot you have mentioned but a lot learned from it too so thanks for the information so far ill try to get newer videos up soon.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
On the first video, on 0:45-47, the mario seemed to have hesitated in attacking. He managed to powershield the attack and then rolls. In my book, I would have grabbed for a D-throw and get yourself setup for those U-airs. Otherwise, nice spacing and mobility on the finishing touchs of up-air. You have a Mario potential in my 2cents. As everyone said, follow their advice.

Top Bottom