• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How's your scene going?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Just curious as to where people are from. How regular meets are. Do you guys revolve around a small amount of people for meets or are there meets all over. Tournaments regular or ad hoc?

My area is struggling right now with me putting smash off while I get various components in my life sorted out. On the otherside of these issues though I hope to be better equipped to help my community (by having my own place and a license to drive my car).

What I've found keeps tournament scenes alive is regularity. Regularity in both meets and tournaments. And you have to do your best for the regulars because they'll be there even when others quit or don't show up after coming once.

Yikarur

Smash Master
this is germany!
we have a big tournament every month, in 2 weeks we have a 32 Man Tournament, there is an about 100 Man Tournament with big international attendance in the end of may, in june there will be a 55 Man Tournament and in July is WakuWakuSmash (biggest european tournament this year) and BiB (about 100 People max) the week afterwards. in my region we have regular meetings, I at least smash with others once a week, sometimes more :p

our scene is so active at the moment, I really like it ^-^

-Ran

Smash Master
Louisiana:

We have four main cities in the state that participate in our Smash Scene: New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, and Houma. We generally have three Brawl tournaments a month, and one Melee event. We currently have around ~16 attendants per tournament, with at least five~eight players that don't travel in each city. Some players are in transition from one game to the other, due to being bored of the game. Our novice bracket system has created the drive necessary for many players to reach the PR, that would otherwise have quit.

Our meet ups in Louisiana tend to be random, but players are typically playing Smash at least once a week at each city center. I would say that our scene is rather healthy, especially since the Melee and Brawl community is incredibly close-nit. There is absolutely no animosity between any players due to what version of the game they play. This allows for joint events to be held, without any issue.

We utilize a joint Facebook group, where we are constantly calling each other names, and having fun with each other as well. Our scene is rather laid back in terms of competitiveness, but everyone enjoys tournaments and being around each other. Currently most of our best Brawl players are either on break or have quit though, but are completely willing to teach the next generation by and large.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
As my profile states, I am from Springfield, MA. With no car or other reliable means of transportation, I have no way to really go to tournaments. I wanted to attend Pound V as my first, but unfortunate circumstances denied me transportaion, and I wasn't going to fly or bus it there - I have enough people problems as is. I have entered a (poorly organized) Brawl tourney at PAX East where I managed to rank 3rd, but other than that, that was my only Brawl (or Smash Bros. in general) commute outside of wi-fi and the pitiful in-game CPUs. :\

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
BUMP.

An update on my situation - Licence in a few days, moving into a new place.
Things are looking good on the horizon.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I'm originally from San Diego, California. Unfortunately I can never make any tournaments because I'm constantly on travel due to work and I pilot helicopters. Due to this, it makes it difficult to take time off or vacation for that matter to participate in these events. Maybe one day I'll finally be able to play in one otherwise with the little free time I do get I just play with friends I know.

Forge

Smash Rookie
Fogo came to Stephen F. Austin State University this semester and recruited me to the scene... We're now in the process of starting up a hype east Texas Scene in dirty Nacogdoches. If you or anyone you know are looking to get involved, hit us up in this thread.

SFA Hype Thread

Top Bottom