• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Huge Johnz 2: Justice shall be served April 28th Portage IN venue confirmed

Tink

Smash Hero
well, im pretty sure that its the good daves stupid rule, so, if you lost on a stage, then you can pick it again.

Sliq

Smash Master
Nope, only if you play two sets (i.e. winner of loser's bracket sends winner of winner's bracket to losers...then a new set is started, and the stages refresh).

Once you play YS in a 5 match set, you won't be going there again until a new set.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Sorry for doing this but let's say you have a 5 match set for the team finals. Every stage will have to be used once. A team might be in a position where they have to pick a stage they really don't want to pick, but it will be the ONLY one they can. So they aren't really counterpicking at all. More like just going through and playing all of the stages.

I just want to make sure I understand the rules correctly. I'm gettin mixed messages from tink and sliq. I like tinks interpretation better though.

Sliq

Smash Master
Well, we are both right, even though I completely forgot that the this tournament has limited stage selection, so what I said doesn't really apply so much as it does to other tournaments.

You can only counter-pick a stage that hasn't been played, or one you lost on.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
2 things:

1. you are all wrong. its daves stupid rule, so in a set of 5 it is possible to go on a stage you won on, just not the one you won on LAST. additionally, you can go to any stage you lost on.

2. mars, that would have been funny if you knew how to read, and that you would know i quoted something before. but time and time again we see you cant.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
Not when "lol" has taken on its own separate meaning different from what it stands for (which it has).
lol is an acronym... it's simply an internet speak abbreviating Laugh out loud. Placing the 'd at the end makes the abbreviation "lol'd = L.O.L'D = Laugh Out Loud'd = Laugh Out Louded."

if lol was a word (kinda like how 5150 makes it into one (lawl)) then it would be different, but because it's an acronym, it doesn't have its own meaning.

Tink

Smash Hero
question for people. who wants to get a hotel friday night for a smashfest? theres a hotel by me "days inn" that is like, 40$ a night. me, big c, and viperboy are for sure getting it. wanted to know who else wanted to practice before. lmk

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Wow. I assumed it was a really bad typo.

I think lol'd is acceptable. I don't think anyone will read it as "laugh out louded." No need to be persnickety about where the 'd goes, and l'dol looks horrendous.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wow. I assumed it was a really bad typo.

I think lol'd is acceptable. I don't think anyone will read it as "laugh out louded." No need to be persnickety about where the 'd goes, and l'dol looks horrendous.
I read l'dol as Eyedol, which makes me think of Killer Instinct, which makes me think of C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKKERRRRRRRRRRR, which makes me sad. I would go with lol'd as well.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
bigc: we should have beta version of swiss program by saturday. we will need a computer that has internet nad java capabilities.

we still need to work out exactly what to do for ties after the 8 rounds tho. but that shouldnt be too hard to figure out.

Jazzness

Smash Ace
BigC, TJ, Tink, I might wanna go in on that hotel deal with you guys, if you don't mind. I could definitely use the practice.

Where's the hotel at, and when're you all arriving?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Oh yeah, I was gonna mention this.
You shouldn't pre-set the number of rounds to 8. It's supposed to be whatever power of 2 your attendance is. You need 128 people for 8 rounds.

At GS2, we had 8 rounds but fewer than 128 people, so in the last round Ken and Chillin had no one to play.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, I was gonna mention this.
You shouldn't pre-set the number of rounds to 8. It's supposed to be whatever power of 2 your attendance is. You need 128 people for 8 rounds.

At GS2, we had 8 rounds but fewer than 128 people, so in the last round Ken and Chillin had no one to play.
then they did it wrong. you can always have the top people play someone lower.

Tink

Smash Hero
the hotels like, a couple min. before big Cs house. off the highway. as for when we are arriving, it doesnt matter to me. when are people wanting to get there?

also, i went there today and asked them if i had to be 21 to rent the room and they said no. so we are good to go.

edit: whoops, double post frozies.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
You can, but that's a dumb and arbitrary way to fix a problem that you would only have in the first place because you arbitrarily picked the number of rounds.

It could work, but more likely it will be quite messy.

Top Bottom