• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*HUSTLE* September 18th Tournament B.C. Canada! SFU BURNABY! LOCATION UPDATED!

SKidd

Smash Master
I think a rule should be implemented that the entrance fee must be paid by the entrant 15 minutes before the tournament starts. That way we don't have this nonsense about people coming at 11:20 to a tournament that starts at 11.

[elegant.destruction]
My piggy bank is gettin' quieter and quieter...

So I'm actaully coming to this guys =] Look forward to playing everyone. ^__^
So our MM is being recorded?
sweet.

you guys have no idea how much im looking forward to this tourney; very very much, sitting through 3-4 lectures a day plus 2-3 labs for 5 days of the week and going home hwing for 5-6 hrs is painful. saturday is when i finally get to have fun after 2 agonizing weeks. adam ill see you there man lol

;););););)

Diakonos

Smash Lord
We're having pools at this, right? We want all the new players to play different people, not just the veterans for 2 rounds and that's it.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Hey guys,

Regarding the BC tournament timing, I think it's pretty sloppy and should be discussed (maybe not here?)

The first post says that it starts at 11:00. Honestly most of the people who read that don't take it seriously, and 11:00 really means "whenever".

That being said I hope this tournament can be carried out in a timely manner. I'll make an effort to be there on time. After this tournament I want to get a discussion going on this though. I have some jumbled thoughts in my head right now and hopefully it comes out constructively.

Edit: proofreaders get ninja post'd :\

Tahsis we thinkn the same thing at the same time lol

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
This tournament will have pools if enough time is available! Well we will see what happens if enough people show up at 11 for teams...

I will try and be there early myself so I can get this organized!

Micheal bring a rf just in case

Metà

Smash Master
I am going to disqualify people at my tournaments if they're not playing there matches in a timely fashion.

Tio records how long we've been waiting; I think we should use this to enforce time limits on how long people have to play their matches.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
I predict that I will arrive at like 10:45 tomorrow and that I'll be the first one there, and that people with tv's won't arrive for another 45+ minutes.

going from past experience.

oh well.

SKidd

Smash Master
Don't forget my memory card, Evan.

gettin' there shortly after 11 with mah 'cube

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Just dont enter people in the tourney. Simple as that. If they are late its their fault. Just because they are a "veteran" doesnt mean they get any special treatment. Several times Mango has been late to tournaments and hasn't been entered.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I'm arriving there tomorrow at 10:10.

Will someone be there? I need to warm up. Sion, please be there early too. I am bringing a gamecube+disk (hereby referred to as "set-up").

[elegant.destruction]

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking of dragging a setup, but then I realized that it's more likely to have too many setups than too many TVs...

I'll show up around 10 anyways, prolly bring my mem card to satisfy my ego or something.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
I was thinking of dragging a setup, but then I realized that it's more likely to have too many setups than too many TVs...

I'll show up around 10 anyways, prolly bring my mem card to satisfy my ego or something.
It's people like you that make us have a shortage of equipment

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY

DO NOT THINK THERE WILL BE MOAR SET UPS THAN TVS GAWD

I remember this being a huge issue at a few tournaments

was really annoying.

EVAN

I will be leaving mad early on account of some business. My tv's will be outside waiting for your ***.

Metà

Smash Master

If you have a set-up and decide not to bring it, I'ma kill you.

srsly

Sion

Island of Horizon
i will not be there at 10ish

i will be there before the time of start, but not by much.

[destructing.elegantly]

SKidd

Smash Master
hereby dubbed the Sion game

the only winning move is not to play.

G.I._JOE

Smash Journeyman
after i finish watching rush hour 2 ill head out ...

seems like yesterday we used to rock the show
i laced the track, you locked the flow
so far from hangin on the block for dough
notorious, they got to know that
life ain't always what it seem to be
words can't express what you mean to me
even though you're gone, we still a team
through your family, I'll fulfill your dream ♪

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I can't come anymore. You guys better record all the good matches. I don't wanna see 10+ friendlies of random scrubs and evan vs yakal. Start recording ONCE the tournament starts unless it's good people MM'ing or something. Also, try to get a livestream going.

SKidd

Smash Master
**** you Adam =(

Evan, the only tag I used was ~SK~
=)

edit: DESTRUCTO DISC YO

Top Bottom