• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylian Hellfire: Zelda Combo Video Project

Arean

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I have this idea for Hylian Hellfire, If you would like to join please contribute!

So there is a lack of Zelda combo videos in Brawl and I think it would be a great idea to compile matches of Zelda videos. So here are a few things Id like to know

Combo Video Name: Suggest a good name for a combo video, ill compile the names and list them here and you guys vote for which one we choose.

Combo Video Song: I need 2 songs to be fit into one, list down suggestions and we will vote again

Combo Video Gameplay: So you send me your replays, and I will check their content. Send me your Wii code so you could send me replays. Please not youtube videos, I have a capture card and replays will be fine thanks! Your videos will be judged and only selected ones will make the cut.

Got it, lets make a rundown of what you have to post

Combo video name suggestion (Deadline May 10)

.A Mage's Requiem
.The Power of Wisdom

Combo video song suggestion (Deadline May 10)
Wii friend code
Brawl name (for me to determine who owns the video)

REMEMBER! Only selected players will make the cut.... You better post your Wii code by may 5!!! Further entries cant be accepted anymore.

Here is my wii code (you need to add mine so you can send replays)
1104 5809 1073 5203

IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER

May 5 : Wii friend code deadline submission
May 10: Combo video name and song suggestion (Final decision will be posted next day)
May 15: Deadline for replays
May 20: Release of Video

dont forget to check out the hylian hellfire chatrom!
http://xat.com/chat/room/24701810/?p=0&ss=5

BETTER START SENDING YOUR ENTRIES!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Name of Entries shall be posted below and if their friend code is confirmed

Arean 1104 5809 1073 5203
Ztarfish 0798 0823 8084 9019

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
y don't we have a combo vid that comprises of you, spazn, me, luthi, drake, psy, and hippy ? i think that would be fun to do.... what do you think?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Ahh, I've got some nice combos thank you very much ^^

Just if I saved replays at all...

Arean

Smash Ace
y don't we have a combo vid that comprises of you, spazn, me, luthi, drake, psy, and hippy ? i think that would be fun to do.... what do you think?

I can make a separate combo video for that. Right now im doing a clan combo video :p

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Just a suggestion for songs: Yamato Nadeshiko Max 400. I think you can find it on Youtube. Or if you need a longer version, just Yamato Nadeshiko. There's an English and Japanese version out there.

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I'll have my record-i-fi-cating device yet... not by May 10th anyway. But I would like to contribute my video to the thread! (Or, we could brawl over wireless and someone else can record...)

xNinjaOfChaosx

Smash Rookie
How about for the name of the video: "A Mage's Requiem"?

It's not the best title... but it's something. I'll probably come up with a better one later.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a plan, I will record my matches from now on.
Oh and my Wii number is under my name, feel free to take it :p

Also, what, if any, style do want the music to be?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Well, if anyone wants to record some matches, I'd be willing to fight. I've got a few characters I can use besides Zelda (D3, Snake, Metaknight, ROB), as long as you don't mind switching to someone else every few matches while I be Zelda.

And to people who are going to simply record their matches straight out, he's asking for replays to be sent to him, not for recorded matches. Albeit that's kind of annoying, seeing as replays can't be saved if the match is more than 3 minutes long....

Luthien

Smash Ace
Well, if anyone wants to record some matches, I'd be willing to fight. I've got a few characters I can use besides Zelda (D3, Snake, Metaknight, ROB), as long as you don't mind switching to someone else every few matches while I be Zelda.
I'd love to. You know where to find my friend code. As for arranging matches and stuff, the clan has an awesome chatbox that I don't believe I've seen you in. It makes communication way faster. I don't use many people other than Zelda, but my Sheik could use some work and I'd be willing to try Ike and some other people for the heck of it.

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Hylian_Hellfire/index.php?act=idx

Really convenient.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I'm not a clan person, so that's why you don't see me. If my services are needed, they can higher me ^^

But yeah, I'll meet you on wifi, I guess. How about two matches you use Zelda, then one match I'll use Zelda, then two matches you, one me, etc etc until we're bored of it?

xNinjaOfChaosx

Smash Rookie
When one thinks mage, one thinks
, not
Actually Archmage makes me think the former, or Antonidas (that's his name IIRC). I was thinking of Sage, as that's usually another form of magic class, but it could mixed up with the Zelda universe Sages, which she is not.

How about this for a title: "The Power of Wisdom"
I'll try to think of some better ones.

Arean

Smash Ace
Sounds like a plan, I will record my matches from now on.
Oh and my Wii number is under my name, feel free to take it :p

Also, what, if any, style do want the music to be?

Great. I will add your wii number up. About the music style think of something that suits zelda not something like rock and such. Oh and for those who are interested in joining please add your friend code

ALSO! Id like replays to be sent to me because I have my own recording device. It would be so much easier for replays to be sent to me through the wii rather than downloading it in the internet.

Facet

Smash Cadet
About the music style think of something that suits zelda not something like rock and such. Oh and for those who are interested in joining please add your friend code.
I agree that the music shouldnt be metal or anything like that, but I think some sort of classy rock song would suit Zelda just fine. I suggest Lift (Poets of the Fall).

Arean

Smash Ace
well suggestions are still welcome of course, cmon guys post your friend codes :D

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Typing a list of songs that I like personally that think would fit well:

"Rise" by Origa
"Angel Eyes" by Brisk & Ham
"Oblivion" by NieN... I think.... it's from DJMax
Ayumi Hamasaki is always instant win (I have all her stuff). I'll sort through that later
AKHT is also instant win. Have most of his stuff too, and I'll sort through that later
"Send Me An Angel" by DJ Nemesis Ft Lisa Abbott
"Eternal Memory" by not a clue... it's from DJMax
"Red" by, again, no clue, but also from DJMax
"Space of Soul" by, yep, no clue, and yep, from DJMax
"Fallen Angel" by same thing
Also "Chrono Breakers"
Maybe "Midnight Blood"
Also "Carmen Fantasy" and "Carmen Toreador"
"Captivate (Wiegenlied Mix)" would be awesome for credits
"Into the Night" by Santana ft Chad Kroeger
The Black Mages makes some good stuff
"You're Not Here", opening theme to Silent Hill 3
"Reunion" from Threads of Fate
"I Am The One" from Teknoman

Most game and anime stuff you can find on Youtube to hear. Ones I'd have to send you would probably be Captivate, Send Me An Angel, Angel Eyes, Reunion, and I Am The One. Just lemme know and I'll get them to you.

EDIT: Also, this song:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fceofJVqCGI

"She's Got the Power" from Sailor Moon. It's awesome, trust me.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Great. I will add your wii number up. About the music style think of something that suits zelda not something like rock and such. Oh and for those who are interested in joining please add your friend code

ALSO! Id like replays to be sent to me because I have my own recording device. It would be so much easier for replays to be sent to me through the wii rather than downloading it in the internet.
Is there a setting where replays will still show the names on the screen?
I've only saved a few replays so far, but it's always just the character without a title for who is preforming the moves.

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
arean do u have my wii code? i cant remember:confused:...........hmmm...... o.. i also need help on my combo vid... hit me up later....

p.s. lets make sure the music is fitting for zelda but not boring... (Hard core rock/ heavy metal does not fit at all for her)....... hehe i have my song for mine..:)

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
p.s. lets make sure the music is fitting for zelda but not boring... (Hard core rock/ heavy metal does not fit at all for her)....... hehe i have my song for mine..:)
I think a lot of music choices will make the video just come off as tacky.
The best choice might be something classic from a Zelda video game.

Vid is about her combo's anyway.. not trying to introduce people to a new band.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Even though I'm not in, I'd like to suggest a name =].

The Elven Succubus.

For Music I'd say...

Song #1 - xD WILL PUT THESE HERE L8ER

Song #2 -

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Okay, I've got a kickass replay for the combo. Sour dair to footstool. Instant win XD

Arean

Smash Ace

"Rise" by Origa
Ayumi Hamasaki is always instant win (I have all her stuff). I'll sort through that later
AKHT is also instant win. Have most of his stuff too, and I'll sort through that later
"Send Me An Angel" by DJ Nemesis Ft Lisa Abbott
"Eternal Memory" by not a clue... it's from DJMax
"Red" by, again, no clue, but also from DJMax
"Space of Soul" by, yep, no clue, and yep, from DJMax
"Fallen Angel" by same thing
Also "Chrono Breakers"
Maybe "Midnight Blood"
Also "Carmen Fantasy" and "Carmen Toreador"
"Captivate (Wiegenlied Mix)" would be awesome for credits
The Black Mages makes some good stuff
"You're Not Here", opening theme to Silent Hill 3
"Reunion" from Threads of Fate
"I Am The One" from Teknoman

Most game and anime stuff you can find on Youtube to hear. Ones I'd have to send you would probably be Captivate, Send Me An Angel, Angel Eyes, Reunion, and I Am The One. Just lemme know and I'll get them to you.

EDIT: Also, this song:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fceofJVqCGI

"She's Got the Power" from Sailor Moon. It's awesome, trust me.

Wow thats a lot of songs, Ill browse through them later

And sfoster i dont think u can put ur titles... so i guess its good to tell me ur brawl name so i can determine which ones u are playing in. Guys can I have ur friend codes please? Not only brawl friendcodes but wii friend codes as well

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
When I'm not lazy and don't have things to do, yeah, you can have my wii code as well.

That means Sunday. Maybe. Possibly.

Trying to think of titles for the video.

"Fear the Tiara"?

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Even though I usually play with lvl 9 computers, I can give you clips of mine. My wii code and Brawl FC are below the picture.

Songs?:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RGEN60bf3p8
This is the song "GONG" by the group JAM project. In my opinion, it gives a feeling of an ancient prophesy.

OR

http://youtube.com/watch?v=huLjpCrYbD4
This is the song "Yuki, Muon, Madobe Nite" by Minori Chihara. In my opinion, it gives a upbeat, mysterious feeling.

Names?:

Legend/Legacy of Zelda? (half serious)

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice

Maybe "Midnight Blood"
I know of all of those, mostly from my DJ Max Portable and Stepmania experience. OblivioN is really good stuff (it's quite possibly my favorite song from DJ Max), but AKHT seems a bit much (it's apparently band of 5 people according to their website, not just one artist, just to throw that out there). I have all of the music that was available for free on their website, but it's generally upbeat and unsuitable for the princess facade. I like Border of Maximum from AKHT, but that's probably all that would suit Zelda. Not a bad choice, though.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Electric Heart, Luna Marionette, Stage 3, there's another song that has something to do with "wing" or "air" or something that's also pretty good. Trust me, AKHT has some good stuff that still fits Zelda.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has listened to this stuff XD

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
Fly Away? I've played just about all of the good AKHT simfiles already, and have more of their music that wasn't stepped yet. :p

Luna Marionette is kinda odd for a Zelda video, and Electric Heart, I suppose that could work. Stage 3 is too upbeat.

Border of Maximum is probably the best AKHT song for this, if any. It's calm at the beginning and finishes rather well, and to boot, 4:41 long. It also had a nice simfile for Stepmania. :D

Still, I like OblivioN the most for this project. It's kinda short in comparison, though.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I stopped playing SM because people are starting to throw jumps in 1/16th streams all the **** time now. I can play them perfectly fine, but it's just annoying. But that can be ranted on another time.

It's been awhile since I've heard those songs, so I might be mistaken. Plus I like doing abstract type stuff in which it seems like it'll never fit XD

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
Generally, the same people who made the good stuff years back have been getting too skilled at SM (see: GlovE), and as a result, all of their more recent stuff is difficult so fellow steppers from the past are entertained. My gripe is the mines everyone uses now, but that's easily disabled, albeit a bit of a cheat to the experience you're supposed to be getting from the song.

Back to the music selection, I can provide Border of Maximum (or at least a location you can easily find it) if needed. Hopefully I wouldn't get into trouble by doing it; I'm not sure about the policy on music around here, or if AKHT's work is generally free for distribution in the first place. Either way, it's an easy find. :/

Top Bottom