• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylian Presents: The IC Quick Grab.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So, this isn't really new...though it might be for some of you. No one has really made a video for this or ever even used it in tournament to my knowledge lol. This video was my first time attempting it so I messed up a few times :).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwu4fGS-AwU

If your opponent likes to DI inwards you can still grab them like this by just doing a pivot grab. You can use this CG if they ban Alt grabs. I'll slowly release most of the CG's I know that arn't very common knowledge :).

Enjoy.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
The damage output on that is ridiculous. o__O

*Learns it*

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm planning on using this for fighting Meta Knights now :o And I'll use the footstool thing you posted the other day on other characters that it works on.

These chain grabs are so handy :o

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I knew this for a while ;D ; there is another one instead of spiking the character to a grab also, and it works very well on light and middle weights. I think I sent one to smaci like 2 weeks ago and he has it uploaded. ._.

smaci92

Smash Lord
I knew this for a while ;D ; there is another one instead of spiking the character to a grab also, and it works very well on light and middle weights. I think I sent one to smaci like 2 weeks ago and he has it uploaded. ._.
yep...chibi showed me this a few weeks ago, and I put a vid up for him...fun stuff :)

here's chibi doing it (it's the one on fox): Underused Ice Climber Grabs

I love how hylian and chibi are always discovering all this stuff haha :chuckle:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You can do this to past 100% :p. I wasn't very good at it yet in the video as it was the first time I really practiced it lol.

Edit: Looks like chibi already found some of the ones I was going to release >_< XD. Good stuff.

Wait till you guys see my uthrow one XD.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Edit: Looks like chibi already found some of the ones I was going to release >_< XD. Good stuff.

Wait till you guys see my uthrow one XD.
lol yep he found it :chuckle:

I never even use uthrow XD...chibi, go find it before hylian lol jk...I can't wait to see this uthrow one you have!!!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lol yep he found it :chuckle:

I never even use uthrow XD...chibi, go find it before hylian lol jk...I can't wait to see this uthrow one you have!!!
Lol I found it 3 months ago it would be kind of hard for him to find it before me :).

I need video proof obviously. All I have is my roommate haha. I could get it online right now but I don't really want to. It's too hard :/. I want to get better at it first or find an easier way.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Lol I found it 3 months ago it would be kind of hard for him to find it before me :).
oh lol I guess you found it before him! XD I just got our video out before you and KRD got yours out, so I assumed that chibi found it first lulz...:p *high five!* haha

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Hylian said:
Wait till you guys see the uthrow one XD.

Lol I found it 3 months ago it would be kind of hard for him to find it before me .
lolwut
You can make CGs out of it? Or is it u-throw to Nana u-air? Naaawww.... too known... and easy to do. Mhm, u-throw to foostool? Yep, I don't know, but I do want to see. :p

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I've tried Uthrow-> footstool long ago. I could never get it so I quit.
You can, you just need the right timing; I think your opponent can get out when he/she is still in the footstool animation. Oh and after Nana footstools, you need to turn around and use Ice Shot because while your opponent is on a footstool animation, he/she's going to land behind Popo instead in front.

U-throw -> Nana foostool -> turn around and Ice Shot.

Nyeh. :x

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I have a question about this. When I tried attempting to do this, my fairs drove the opponent into the ground long before I recovered from throwing to do the dashing grab... What am I not doing right in this?

Badjuju

Smash Apprentice
Who would think that two little mountain climbers would be so good at not using their hammers and start specializing on their little fingers for grabbing. Weird. Must be the gloves.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Who would think that two little mountain climbers would be so good at not using their hammers and start specializing on their little fingers for grabbing. Weird. Must be the gloves.
Who would think that a penguin would be so good at not using his hammer and start specializing on his fingers for grabbing. Weird. Must be the gloves.
I TYPED! :bee:

It's a game; from what you said, your also pointing that out to Dedede, except he's not a mountain climber and he doesn't have little hands. He's just living in a castle with bunch of Waddle Dees eating junk food and order demon beasts. :p (Kirby Anime reference)

DemonicTrilogy said:
I have a question about this. When I tried attempting to do this, my fairs drove the opponent into the ground long before I recovered from throwing to do the dashing grab... What am I not doing right in this?
As soon as Nana starts an f-air, grab immediately.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Yeah ive been messing around with it a little, and it is extremely difficult. You have to wait until the last possible moment that you can hit with nana's fair.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
HOLY CRAP how hard is this to do. Can u do this with the Fthrow nana spike for maxed out damage!?
Probably not, since it goes out of Popo's reach that way... I think you could use an Ice Block to force a stand-up, though. Even more damage, and easier to do ;D

Teh Future

Smash Master
if i'm watching this right, all he's doing is re-grabbing from a dthrow -> fair. not really hard :-/
For most characters the regular chaingrab doesn't work past around 20% because they fall to the ground where you can't grab them. This way you grab the character before they hit the ground so it can be done at higher percents. Much more difficult than the normal people do at lower percentages.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
For most characters the regular chaingrab doesn't work past around 20% because they fall to the ground where you can't grab them. This way you grab the character before they hit the ground so it can be done at higher percents. Much more difficult than the normal people do at lower percentages.
but it is just dthrow -> fair -> re-grab, right?

legion598

Smash Ace
no it looks like u have to do the Fair at the last possible moment so that popo can regrab quickly. The move itself isnt difficult the timing is

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Just buffer a dashgrab so Popo grabs at the first possible moment...

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
i still can't do it...
whats the button input? i'd really like to no how to do this

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I'm guessing it's just normal down throw to fair. The hard part is making the fair as slow as possible so that when it connects, popo is ready to buffer the dash grab. This damage output is insane though so I have to try this some time.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
but that means i have to practice...

man i really wanna do this but i hate practicing chaingrabs by myself...it gets boring.

Top Bottom