• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylians 1 day old Diddy. (Videos) :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You uptilt better than what I do.

You need to forward tilt and down tilt more to get some banana => Tilt => Glide Toss Banana => Tilt combos going.

Save that fsmash for when you know it's going to score a KO. Move Decay is a b****.

Keep it up man : )

EDIT: Watching the third match now. Gotta love that Ftilt.

Basically, you want to use that glide toss like a wavedash to close the distance between you and the opponent, banana hits them, you get a free fsmash.

denizen

Smash Apprentice
great diddy especially for how long you've been playing him. this is personal preference but i'd like to see more bananas :p

Player-1

Smash Legend
1 day old and he's better than most diddys. Banana game is amazing, needs work on edgeguarding and aerial game. Like vyse said save Fsmash for the finisher

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
- Less F Smash moar tilts
- Work on keeping your bananas grouped. This was your main weakness in all the matchups I watched.
- Grab from the trip often and throw them back in the direction of the bannanas. Watch NinjaLinks newest vid, he does it well.
- Use glide tossing as a way of moving, not just to get a little boost. See dribbling and double dribbling.
- I dont know if your spike game needs work or not, seeing as MK and Marth are virtually unspikable.
- D Smash more, it's IMO Diddys best smash.
- Work on general banana followups.

Great to have you playing Diddy Hylian and a very good Diddy considering the time you've been playing.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
it encourages me greatly to see you have picked up diddy
now i can be sure diddy is going to develop well
what do you think about bananas so far? to what extant are they abusable exactly?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Against MK:

You accidently kick. I use to do this all the time, to curb the mistakes, always stay consious of only pressing the B button ONCE and practice for awhile to get the timing, so you know when you can safely up B ASAP after pressing Side B.

Against MK, you were out damaging him about 3-1 whenever you had nanas out. When there were no nanas, it was about a 1-1 ratio, or maybe 1.5-1 in MK's favor. Diddy has a lot of different play styles so you will probably evolve your own, but my rule of thumb is to ALWAYS have nanas out.

Wafflekingz

Smash Cadet
great diddy especially for someone just starting

was it just me or at 1:40 in your first marth video did u hold a after picking up the banana so u could do a bair with it in hand?

ya the main thing Id say you can improve on is your finishers, easiest way is glide toss->f/d smash, so if one isn't fresh use the other(dsmash in your case)

Aslo you seem so get many oportunities to glidetoss -> dash attack -> arial when ur opponents are at a kill percentage. Keep your nanners together to you can link your glide tosses -> a smash like you did vs metaknight for that one kill. I assuming you do the dash after the toss b/c the spacing isn't right for the smash so this should fix that.

But again great diddy I hope to see more.

IDK

Smash Lord
first vid comments: if they're above you and you have a banana right next to you like you did when you jumped up probably to uair the MK and he dair'd you, just upthrow or glide toss upthrow at him to an an one of the uair, usmash, or utilt attacks. the ledgehop>dair doesn't really work too well for most people so i don't know if that's your thing, but for most people with diddy, it's not too great. lastly, barrel spike is good. if theyre recovering and you just tap away, and start charging the barrel, you can get some good kills.

second vid: SH> banana pull out is safer. you avoid some attacks you don't expect on accident just by pulling out bananas. i wouldn't use dair to attack from above unless you're spiking... from above i will usually dthrow or zdrop a nana, do an airdodge>shieldgrab (kind of what i meant at the end of the video, when he did a FF airdodge>fsmash kill. that was good, i just tend to shield grab because people like to do lagless attacks from below to prevent what you did.), avoid them, or fast fall a fair.

third vid: nothing except your jumping after forward b. i don't know exactly what it is but i like to do it before. the flip sends you back a little before you go forward, so it can kill you if done next to the boundary. i could see why you would do this to prevent kung fu SD, but if you grow out of doing that, i would do it the other way around. i also see how it prevents close to edge... edgeguarding, but also if you jump first you won't need to do an up b when in most cases you would, because >b sends you a little up, so you can DI back instead of using upb, in order to give yourself the ability to airdodge then upb, instead of being stuck airdodging then doing a low uncharged upb... resulting in death. now that i talk about it... there are pros and cons so it's kind of your judgement. what do you think?

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
Impressive.

Though your opponent made mistakes that shouldn't been made at all.=/

Aside, didn't see many problems.=]

DR809

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3754-7546-8239
One day and he's already a better Diddy than I am but I would save his fsmash if you opponent doesnt expect it it would work perfectly for mind games and easier ko's.

saberhof

Smash Master
well i would want to see more bananas, they are useful alot vs Meta and marth to rack up serious amounts of damage, and you can try jumping and getting bananas out so your still moving you really leave yourself open when you just down b when they are a lil far away :O...

try different edghogging techniques...you could have Barrel Spiked the Metaknight 2 times if i am looking right...

and dont be affraid to jump out of the stage...:D

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wow, thanks for all the advice!!!

I have no idea what barrell spiking is lol. I have never really read anything about diddy >_>. I will look it up though. Also, I played a bunch last night so I will try and get some new matches up :).

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I don't get it. Are you trying to main half the cast or what?
He's searching for who he does best with in the cast no doubt. It's a clever idea and it's the reason the only character Im definate on playing all through competitive Brawl is Falco, even though I've played as around 20 characters for a respective week.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Hm... another Diddy in Texas :O haha. You going to PZ on Sept? If so, I want to see how your Diddy does against Houston :(

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Wow, thanks for all the advice!!!

I have no idea what barrell spiking is lol. I have never really read anything about diddy >_>. I will look it up though. Also, I played a bunch last night so I will try and get some new matches up :).

Barrel spiking is doing the barrel blast directly over their head to shoot them down. What he meant was you can drop from the ledge in ledgehogging and barrel immediately to spike with it against a recovering opponent. Your diddy moves a tad slower than he should be doing, I imagine you're just getting used to controlling your bananas as the control will come more naturally later on. You should keep in mind if the opponent tosses one of your bananas on the ground, you can hop over it and initiate your Up B charge, the slip will make your rockets fly off as a semi-homing, powerful projectile. The barrels will kill metaknight at a relatively low percentage, really pissing the player off.

Top Bottom