• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylian's A.L.S. Results Thread - July 24th - Austin TX

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Me seeing Polt beat MK's and Snakes give me a bit of hope. Need to watch moar of his videos to see how he handeled ZSS and Diddy Kong.
Keep playing Yoshi.
I keep playing Captain Falcon and I think I'm the best out here.
It's a simple solution.
No one get's better overnight.
I have tried to main Snake, Mk , Diddy or anyone else....I just love CF's play style so I"m gonna keep playing him even if I'm not gonna break the top ten easily.
What's the point of playing brawl if your gonna resort to MK in the end?

Espy could of chose someone else but he loves Sonic. Now look how good he is.
Xyro could of went Mk or something....but he's the best Samus player in the world.

You gotta keep the faith bro.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
lol Yeah
I did enjoy the venue though.
It was awesome.
Trela and me were doing Captain Falcon ditto teams against Omega and Alpha ROB teams.
Ultra ****. I never like....knee so many machines in my life.
I hope you had fun with that too Trela :)

Suspect

Smash Hero
so did texas not know this glitch existed or is watching sonic invincible dash/stall across the stage for eight minutes standard in texas touraments?
It's standard for any tourny here a sonic goes to, if they ban pictochat the sonic can just do the same thing on yoshis island. Sonic really almost has a free win off CP here. Pictochat should be banned, not even just cause of the sonic shanigans.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just moved and dont have internet yet so i will post shoutouts later. Thanks for coming everyone!

FK1

Smash Journeyman
What I said was actually: I don't need to approach when I'm a stock and a half ahead.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Most, if not all characters in Brawl have better options while on the defensive side of a fight.
Take the lead, then let the opponent come to you. That's one of the best ways to assure a clear cut advantage.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
It was fun housing El Paso. Hope you guys had fun. As for the tournament, I did awful and need to actually practice.

Shoutouts:

Razer: thanks for finally playing me bud and good job this tourney.
P.X.: Good seeing you, hope you like Galveston. I will play LOL with you sometime.
Hylian: Fun tournament man, hope you like Missouri, and see you at mlg Dallas.
FuriousDuffman: Awesome G&W man, just get more 9s like Zac xD
Dekar: Thanks for playing lots of friendlies with me. You showed me that practice pays off, and I read your doubles guide : P
Jowii: Hope you like Missouri too man. : P

And one more to all those going to Apex that are from Texas: ****

Broly

Smash Lord
funniest moment ever. I played Sam, a ROB player, 1st round. I won on a random, 2 stock. I then said, ''i ban frigate'' He smiles and highlights Frigate and says, ''Frigate?'' I said, ''I ban Frigate'' He then smiles again and picks it. I got outplayed on stage select LOL

Dakpo

Smash Lord
SHOUT OUTS!!!
1. Gnes - Diddy- wrecked my zss and owned my luigi XD such an amazing player. way out of my league
1. UltimateRazer - Snake - WHERE ARE MY FRIENDLIES !!!
3: Trela - Lucario- Good stuff my friend. i will beat you next time >_< i hope
4: Espy - Sonic - WHERE ARE MY FRIENDLIES
5: Bassem - Wario - lol marth vs luigi epic duels . amazing wario, i hope to play you again sometime. really awesome to meet such a cool guy. Hope we can Hang later some time.
5: Dekar - Diddy shame we didnt play
7: UTDZac - G&W - had a great time meeting you, you so **** doubles. FEED ME FEED ME!!!
7: Dakpo - ZSS what a scrub gtfo
9: Shlike - ZSS- it was really good to finally meet you and play you. Keep that awesome zss and we will rule texas
9: Infinity - MK- Thanks for the great matches and teaching a whole lot about my own character as well as mk. I would love to play you more and get to know the match up even better. Im glad we became relatively good friends in such a short time ....even if you are like 7 years older than me. Really awesome person :O probably my favorite person to meet at the tourney.
9: FK - ZSS - always a pleasure. Thanks for teams. Sorry i couldnt keep up and GOOD **** beating trela. It looks like you we all three excel in different areas :) we can all share best zss lawl
9: Bwett - Diddy- god your diddy ***** me so hard. Great to meet you for real. cool guy :D
13: Morningstar - Snake - are you SA snake?

13: Broly - Marth lol get *****
13: Hylian - ICs / G&W - Your ICs are great even if you are out of practice with them. Your mk ***** me so hard >_<. Really cool guy and thanks Soooooo much for housing me. GL in the future and thanks for teaching all about the melee scene.
17: ALSM- i think i played you? ggs
17: Nike- to my biggest fan <3
17: Denti - keep working that match up. i cant 2/3 stock you forever <3
25: Xyro- thanks for the fun friendlies, great samus as always....technically i beat you in "samus dittos" <3
25: Wotts - lol wotts step it up!!! all the zss in top 10 but you and paw lol
25: KPrime- 25th ....what?
33: Sonic King. get 3 stocked :o jk but srsly watch some more espy he is amazing
33: Magik- fun almost friendly
33: Castro - come on you should know this match up by now
49: Paw- STEP IT UP PAW!!! you have wonderful zss in your state, help zss rule texas with an iron fist
49: Bombchu-ggs

Badnewsbear -ha van jones it was real good meeting you! hey...You dawg i heard you like batman so we killed your parents. Sincerely Ddawg

Hylian thanks for hosting this tourney and it was great making friends with every one who stayed at his house!

Thanks for every one i played, it was a really fun tourney guys. Hope to go to another one. probably phase and mlg

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
1. Gnes - Diddy - I heard some thangs that I hope aren't true, because then I'll miss you. :p Hope to see you soon, I always want to hang with you but you're always playing!
1. UltimateRazer - Snake - Didn't play you this time, consider yourself lucky!
3: Trela - Lucario - I never play you!
4: Espy - Sonic - Good **** is all I can say. Making fun of Paw's saltiness was awesome on the way back. I couldn't stop smiling and I really really love our community.
7: UTDZac - G&W - We've got 5 Espys
7: Dakpo - ZSS - I figured you out a bit and I can't wait to see you again so we can have more guy on girl action. :) And yes I'm SA.
9: Shlike - ZSS - I didn't get to tell you bye because I got dropped off at home so I could go to sleep lol. You're the **** and you can get Dakpo next time. Thanks for all the times you told me I got this, I believed! :)
9: Infinity - MK - Rofl, I don't know what it is but you always seem to be in a good mood and it puts me in a good mood.
9: Bwett - Diddy - Good ****, I really thought I had it vs. you but my leads were short-lived. I'll get you next time!
13: Morningstar - Snake - Mr. *** Star
13: Jerm - TL - Man, I love playing with you, and I love hanging out with you! Come down soon, we'll blaze some hydroponics. :)
13: Broly - Marth - Didn't play you. Iscared.
13: Hylian - ICs / G&W - Thanks so much for this tournament, it was a blast. That venue was ******. Have a good time in Missouri and come down and visit us sometime :)
17: Sky Pirate - I didn't even know RC was good for Oli vs. Snake! We're 1-1 :]
17: Nike - Thanks for driving us all. I didn't get to see any of your matches though. :/
17: Ice - Man, I really dig your Snake. Good ****.
17: FuriousDuffMan - Fun games dude. GaW gets wrecked by Snake. :/
17: Denti - Snake gets wrecked by Olimar! ****. I need to improve more to deal with that matchup! You're really good, probably the best Oli in TX.
25: ArturittoBurrito - Didn't play you! Did you go Ike or Snake?
25: Xyro - Srs business with Xyro all the time. Thanks for the help with the tourney.
25: KPrime - Rofl all you need to do to outplace me is to get me in bracket. :p
25: P4 - Lol you were so **** high!
33: JoWii - Bye JoWii :(
33: Sonic King - **** dem flies.
33: Magik - PT what is this
33: JVI - Barely lost that teams match
33: Slush - You gave me a good scare
33: Panty Raider - We aren't a terrible team, we should try it out another time. Thanks for the GaW advice, it helped.
33: Castro - STOP IT CASTRO YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT
49: Paw -

49: Zook - Dude, you had that! I shouldn't have let you down with the hype.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
SHOUT OUTS...
These go in no particular order.

1. gness - good stuff as usual man. You owe me friendlies vs my CF
2. razer - your always so hard to go up against. I can learn many things from your snake man.
3. trela - man your always good with your lucario man. I want to face you more often......oh and thanks for the CF ditto's that was always fun.
4. RT - you wrecked echo lol that's my homie....
5. Denti - We were awesome in doubles. We'll be doing it again at phase. If you need any advice you know I"m a phone call or text away we can practice any matchup you want.
6. echo - wario huh? Well next time you won't be receiving my knee so often...nice oli as usual :)
7. omega - Keep working that ROB man. Learn from my doubles and glide tossing banana's against Diddy is always brings you closer to victory.
8. alpha - that's one sick fox man. Its always great to see you and your crew against my crew. I don't know about the Double Snake teams though....lol
9. Beam - great peach man. Keep doing what your doing. You'll top illmatic in no time lol
10. UTDZac - thanks for helping with the tournament and nice victory against Hylian. I don't know how you UpB's three times in a row in midair o.O
11. Infinity - it's always great to see you at the tournaments man. Too bad we couldn't top you and bassem in teams.
12. bassem - man....your wario...I don't think I can beat it. I'll see you in oklahoma and try my luck there....
13. ALSM- Your getting there. Keep practicing. I think you should try Toon Link really.
14. FK - Good job beating Trela. It's not easy feat I tell you. Hah and thanks for putting up with my sleeping during the road trips man....
15. Hylian - ARGH I'LL NEVER GET TO PLAY YOU NOW THAT YOUR OUTSIDE OF TEXAS. lol
16. Xyro - lol nice ditto's man.....YOU ARE THE SAMUS MASTER -bows-

o.O
Yeah I uh...can't remember anymore cus I'm a work lol
More later I guess.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I really wish I could've made this, but I just couldn't get away that weekend. :(

Shoutouts to my boys Hylian and JoWii:

Hylian, it's been great getting to know you, bud. I remember one of my friends waaay back in the day showing me this Melee video--he was like "Dude, this Hylian guy's good with SAMUS!" And then it just so turned out you lived near the college I decided to go to, haha. Our car rides were always a blast...and yes, even your off-pitch "singing." :p I'll never forget the time we rode to a tournament in JoWii's car and we both sang along to the Pokemon theme song as I held Squirtle in the air, haha.

JoWii, I still can't believe how far you would drive to go to Chadfests! You're one crazy dude! Thanks for driving us to tournaments...and playing Disney music for me, of course. Now whenever I think of Kirbiciding, I think of you, haha.

Both of you guys are welcome at my apartment any time you're stopping by the Austin area. Can't wait to see ya again at MLG Dallas.

Oh yeah, and we're definitely singing together next time we meet up.

Take care in St. Louis, guys.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I really wish I could've made this, but I just couldn't get away that weekend. :(

Shoutouts to my boys Hylian and JoWii:

Hylian, it's been great getting to know you, bud. I remember one of my friends waaay back in the day showing me this Melee video--he was like "Dude, this Hylian guy's good with SAMUS!" And then it just so turned out you lived near the college I decided to go to, haha. Our car rides were always a blast...and yes, even your off-pitch "singing." :p I'll never forget the time we rode to a tournament in JoWii's car and we both sang along to the Pokemon theme song as I held Squirtle in the air, haha.

JoWii, I still can't believe how far you would drive to go to Chadfests! You're one crazy dude! Thanks for driving us to tournaments...and playing Disney music for me, of course. Now whenever I think of Kirbiciding, I think of you, haha.

Both of you guys are welcome at my apartment any time you're stopping by the Austin area. Can't wait to see ya again at MLG Dallas.

Oh yeah, and we're definitely singing together next time we meet up.

Take care in St. Louis, guys.
cool story bro

DaomarIsBear

Smash Journeyman
I really wish I would've stuck around longer and got some friendlies in. Lol, my one chance to play the Texas scene, and I get roflstomped and leave.

/10johns

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Shoutouts!

Gnes - Good stuff! You have really been improving lately and it's noticeable. Good seeing you again and thanks for showing up!!! Travel more :).

UltimateRazer - Timmmm good seeing you again thanks for showing up! Had good times with you traveling, sorry we didn't get to play at all. Grats.

Trela - Ahh I wanted to play you since you've been ****** everyone haha thanks a lot for coming!

Espy - You keep stepping it up :). Just have to figure out lucario now haha. Thanks for coming!

Bassem - We never MM'ed this time :( haha good seeing you thanks for making it!

Dekar - Good games! You are a lot of fun to play against and I feel like I learned a lot about the match-up just from playing your diddy haha. Sorry the last match wasn't as hype haha. Thanks for coming <3!

UTDZac - Omggg such an intense set I'm really glad I finally got to play you in tournament though I wanted to win!!! haha. Thanks sooo much for all the help TO'ing and thanks for showing up!

Dakpo - Can't believe you FLEW to my tournament haha thanks a lot it was a blast hanging out with you and I feel confident vs ZSS now so thanks <3.

Shlike - Thanks for showing up sorry we didn't get to play!

Infinity - Thanks for showing up had a lot of fun playing you!!

FK - Thanks for showing up :).

Bwett - Always fun Billy :). Really wanted to play you in tournament but oh well, thanks for showing up!!

Morningstar - I like the good placing :) good seeing you thanks for showing up!

Jerm - Good seeing you sorry we didn't get to play at all!

Broly - Thanks for showing up :).

ALSM - Sorry we didn't really get to play thanks for coming!

Sky Pirate - Thanks for the set-up hope you had fun :).

RT - Thanks for helping TO it was good seeing you <3.

Nike - <3333 thanks for the DP I will miss seeing you at tournaments!!!! (keep playing falco it ***** haha)

Ice - Always fun thanks for coming :).

Andilex - Thanks for showing up!

FuriousDuffMan - GG's! Sorry I'm so good against all your characters haha <3.

Denti - Thanks for coming!

ArturittoBurrito - My girlfriend liked your shirt haha. Thanks for coming :).

Xyro - THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! No way we could have finished on time with you <3. I appreciate all the help TO'ing and all the stuff you brought :). You are amazing at running tournaments. GG's as well, your rob impressed me :).

Tetsuya - GG's in teams! Thanks for coming!

Omega - Thanks for showing up!

Wotts - Thanks for coming Jeff! Sorry you couldn't get a new controller haha.

SilentRain - Thanks for showing up Sergio!!!

KPrime - GG's in teams it was fun :). Thanks for coming!

P4 - Thanks for showing up GG's in teams and thanks for driving houston :).

Echo - Thanks for showing up!

Red Shadow - Thanks for showing up and the hotel offer Jamal!

JustinKamikaze - Thanks for showing up! :)

JoWii - Do I even need a shoutout? I'll just tell you in person :) haha.

Sonic King - Thanks for showing up!

Alpha - Thanks for showing up!

Magik - Thanks for showing up!

JVI - Thanks for showing up!

Slush - Thanks for showing up!

Panty Raider - Thanks for housing people Joel!

Castro - Thanks for showing up!

[Rei-gun
Sync
Sam07
Oliver
DDM3K --- Thanks for showing up!
Paw
Aurice
Tro
Nunchuk
Bombchu
Derk
Zook]

(I got lazy lol)

shlike

Smash Ace
Shoutouts : )

1. Gnes - Diddy - I wanna play you again soon
1. UltimateRazer - Snake - we had such an intense friendly
3: Trela - Lucario - I haven't played you like in a year...WTF
4: Espy - Sonic - good stuff espy, you're a cool guy and the best sonic in the world
5: Bassem - Wario - nice seeing you again
5: Dekar - Diddy - was great seeing you again man you're still cool as ever, if only our tourney set would have played out the same way our friendlies did :(
7: UTDZac - G&W - gg's
7: Dakpo - ZSS -ggs you wrecked me, but i have you all figured out now. ;)
9: Shlike - ZSS - worst zss in texas/ the world
9: Infinity - MK - zss slayer
9: FK - ZSS - great seeing you again and great stuff beating trela. you had that match against espy too : /
13: Morningstar - Snake - you're awesome dude, you shoulda stayed for crews :'(
13: Jerm - TL - was really fun teaming we should try it some other time / STOCK TANK
13: Broly - Marth - l2playtl pls
13: Hylian - ICs / G&W - fun tourney / don't try to carry huge *** tv's by yourself lol
17: RT - we will friendly one day my friend.....at least i hope so
17: Nike- thanks for housing us <3
17: Ice - sorry i said hi so late in the tourney lol/ get wrecked by the king of the rgv
17: Andilex - you can place so much higher danny. I believe in you
25: ArturittoBurrito- I paid you back in singles for doubles :p
25: Xyro - the best to ever
25: KPrime - You are ridiculously good and have no idea why you placed so low >.>
33: JustinKamikaze - gg's
33: Magik - get a gc controller already.
33: Rei-gun - MOVIN' ON UP
49: Paw - you have a lot of potential paw, don't give up on zss <3
49: Aurice - was fun hanging with you
49: Tro-gg's
49: Bombchu - was fun hanging with you danny. You should have gone wolf against zss :(
49: Derk - best co pilot ever

Hylian I know i don't really know you and what not, but I wish you well and I Hope you're happy in Missouri. Great Tourney and Awesome Venue.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Shout outs time, since this thread is seriously lacking:

Gnes: We didn't hang out as often this time. I'm sad that you and the rest of Houston left without having dinner with us first! Congrats on getting 1st.

Razer: How come we never talk, anyways? :(

Trela: It's such a hard fight. I'll find a way around it, so next time our fight will be more fun.
Oh, and stop being so down all the time (that's not a cool attitude for a winner), and hand shake like a gentleman! I keep thinking I'm gonna snap your hand when we shake afterward!

Bassem: I was really looking forward to playing you at this. I'm a little sad that I didn't get the opportunity.

Dekar: With the exception of the third match, our games were incredible. Your tech skill truly is incredible. I look forward to our next set in tournament. It should be one hell of a fight, since now you know how to deal with the spins on both levels.

UTDZac: Oh my god, our fights were good too. If you had gotten that 9 at the end. Who knows what would've happened? Good games. I hope to see videos of everyone from ALS up soon!

Dakpo: FORGIVE ME!!! :( We shall play someday, I swear! You're a pretty awesome guy to talk to too. Hope we meet again soon.

Shlike: Good chips with that ZSS. Texas is overflowing with them. We'll get more games in soon.

Infinity: I told you I'd make the games good! I hope you enjoyed our set as much as I did. Our fight was very fun!

FK: That SD on Pictochat. My GOD. Sorry I had to play so gay, but gotta do what you gotta do in tournament. :( Good fights nonetheless.

Morningstar: It was great to have someone to talk to in the back while on the trip. You laugh is heartwarming. :)

Jerm: I saw that match in the back on Pictochat. Bthrow into spikes which didn't hit him at 3 seconds left. I was upset too.

Broly: You and the rest of RGV are too good. It was great to finally meet you in a tournament set!

Hylian: I'm gonna miss you buddy. I'm not kidding when I said you had a big effect on my involvement with the Smash Community, ever since Melee's days in 2006. If it wasn't for you, Espy wouldn't even exist!! Who knows how many people that, in turn, would've also effected!

Thanks for hosting the tournament. San Antonio enjoyed it very much.

Seriously though man, it's been good. I'll see you when I see you. Much <3 from San Antonio.

Sky Pirate: We didn't talk much. :(

RT: You always seemed busy. We didn't get to mingle or anything! ;_________________________;

Nike: Sooooo much love for the housing, the driving, and everything in between. Where would San Antonio be without you?

Andilex: Fun sets in tournament. Great games.

FuriousDuffMan/ArturittoBurrito: You guys stomped us hard in loser's bracket. I promise to give you two a better fight in the future.

Denti: Fun money match we had. Keep up that Olimar, it's pretty **** scary.

Xyro: Shoulda eaten CiCi's with us. I miss listening to your stories. You're such a beast at running tournaments too. I wanna be a good TO like you someday.

Tetsuya: First time I've ever seen you. You played great in our set. Keep it up!

K Prime: Chin up K Prime! Everyone's had a bad tournament here or there. Don't let it stop you. Pick yourself up, learn, and improve on your game. I wanna see you up higher on the Texas PR! I know you have what it takes!

JustinKamikaze: I didn't see any of your matches. :(

JoWii: I miss everything about your zaniness at tournaments.

Sonic King: Don't just give up. How else are you gonna improve if you just give up?

Magik: Scooped the PISS out of Nike in our crew battle. lol. Good stuff, your MK's scary.

Castro: What happened? You and Paw left so fast. ;-;

Rei-gun: We didn't talk about One Piece even ONCE. WTH man!?

Paw: I wish you guys could've gone with us to CiCi's. There was plenty of salt at our table.

Zook: :((((((

=====

I had fun everyone. Until next time!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
ZSS is just one of those characters where I feel you can create those bad habits and become predictable.
Not that - you do however, in fact I've never played your ZSS Offline.

Top Bottom