• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hype-ness Tier List

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
I think optimal Fox, Sheik, and Marth can be pretty boring. But it is possible to be pretty cool with them (KirbyKaze was a pretty entertaining Sheik).

For me its:

Top:

:drmario:/:mariomelee:, :falcomelee:,:falconmelee:,:yoshimelee:

Mid:

:marthmelee:,:sheikmelee:,:foxmelee:,:luigimelee:,:roymelee:,:pikachumelee:,:samusmelee:,:icsmelee:(depending how much they wobble)

Low:

Everyone Else

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
measuring hype is kind of hard. for example jigglypuff creates a lot of tense moments especially when she isn't using an aerial; for example, sometimes you'll see hungrybox run and it's terrifying because you know he has a read on something but you have no idea what. however i wouldn't necessarily characterize puff in herself as hype. i don't really want to make a tier list right now because zzz but here are some things

– i think captain falcon is overrated. it's just that hax and s2j are/were hype. my mediocre falcon is not hype. i generally avoid watching wizzrobe if he's not playing another player i like. 18% exploding knee is fun but it's not everything.
– good sheik play is really underrated. maybe i'm biased because i'm the only person i've ever come across (and certainly the only space animal player i've ever known) that actually really likes both watching and playing the sheik ditto, cg or no cg. sheik is a really fun character to watch, and good sheik play, along with good marth play, is one of the most exciting things in melee to me at the moment
– low-tier heroes are a mixed bag. it really just depends on what you like. once the novelty of the character wears off it's hard to really enjoy low-tier match-ups, especially against like foxes/marths. it really comes down to the fact that the random low tier has infinitely more experience in the MU than the top-tier, so it's generally not the best melee you'll see. if you don't prioritize that it's fine but i mean… it's not something i want to see more than once a tournament. on the other hand there isn't much that's more exciting than watching a dk go in every once in a while. i don't mean to disparage people who main low-tiers since i'm sure they're good but i don't really want to watch sets where someone wins because the other person clearly doesn't know an obscure matchup

Top Bottom