• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hype Video Ideas for Our High School Tournaments

BasicallyRyan

Smash Cadet
To put some background on the situation, there are around 10 kids in my high school who are dedicated to playing smash (ssbm&Pm mostly), including myself. For the past few years we've been having a tournament towards the end of the year (this year will be sometime in March) where we have a large tournament with Singles, Doubles and occasionally crews. The goal of this year's tournament is to make it bigger than any other tournament we've done, hoping around 64 entrees for singles. In our high school we have a "News Report" every Friday and it just so happens I am best friends with the lead anchor/editor for the show. With this we are able to put stuff on the News Report where every student will be watching.

Our current ideas: A parody of the Smash Bros Documentary where we reshoot the entire thing but replace Azen, Isai, Ken, PC, KDJ, M2K and Mango with the best players in our school, luckily there are around 7-10 so it can easily be done.

Everything else though remains up in the air, we don't really know what else we could do to make people want to show up and enter. Just showing random clips of difficult combos or outplays would not really relate to the other students because they have no idea what we're accomplishing. Any ideas would be awesome and would definitely be considered. I can answer any other questions in the comments. Thanks!

Top Bottom