• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Star System

Spire

III
BRoomer
I've had this idea cooking in my head for a long time, but only now have I finally decided to make a visual of it. I admit, I used Alderaan, Tatooine, Dagobah, and Mustafar as base planets before editing and compositing them into what's seen, but this would be my vision of Hyrule if it were a solar system rather than a country on a planet in a solar system.

If Nintendo took Zelda to this level, how would you respond? It is entirely possible that they may do something like this in the future, seeing as how they're trying to evolve the series in new ways and because they took Mario to a galactic level too.

Darkslash

Smash Master
This idea seriously reminds me ALOT about Kingdom Hearts I&II, and Metroid with the Gummi ships, samus ship world travel and stuff.

But then again, there has to be a line between Metroid and Zelda. This could of course also expand the time limit of the game to a 100 hour epic if any thing. With the vast amount of size this has, Ocarina of Time's Hyrule would be a Ordon moon sized map.

I like it, and I hope to see nintendo pick it up in the future.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I think the idea might make me cry. Cryyyy. But if they did this, they would probably find someway to pull it off. As long as it didn't include any kind of space themes or space travel. That's getting too high tech for Zelda.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
This would be epic. I used to think that if Zelda ever got to this level, it would be a catastrophe. But I have been getting into science fiction recently, and now I can see this as not only possible, but extremely fun.

Though Death Moon kind of reminds me of Mustafar.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Good **** !

This would be really EPIC.

Nice Picture.

This would be epic. I used to think that if Zelda ever got to this level, it would be a catastrophe.
Agreed.

But the game had to be much more difficult, IMO.

One of the things I most desire is a LoZ truly difficult.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I wouldn't like it. It's a neat idea, but the Zelda series is based upon a more medieval look, and I think a lot of what made Zelda what it is would be lost if set in a futuristic setting.

Plus we already have Metroid, which does what Zelda does already (collecting items, some of which are the same, and some of which are different, gives you different suits/tunics to proceed into another area or boost your abilities, boss fights, etc) but sets it in a space realm.

But kudos to you for making the picture. It looks cool.

Kantō

Smash Champion
wow i would have never even thought about if zelda were something more...like that.
i would def. play it but i dont know if you would have that "Zelda" feeling. then metroid trilogy, metroid the other M, mario galaxy 1 and 2 + this new zelda game would all take place is space, or different planets. i dont know if nintendo would need another futuristic game.

XACE-K

Smash Master
This pic makes me want to play a LoZ-Starfox crossovergame. Sure it would be strange and unorthodox but it would seem interesting.

황미영

Smash Champion
I highly doubt that it will end up like this...

How would all these places in the Zelda universe end up on different planets? Is there not enough room on the planet that Hyrule (Unless that's the planet's name itself)?

They could just say that Hyrule is massive enough to carry all those places. >w>;

Spire

III
BRoomer
I highly doubt that it will end up like this...

How would all these places in the Zelda universe end up on different planets? Is there not enough room on the planet that Hyrule (Unless that's the planet's name itself)?

They could just say that Hyrule is massive enough to carry all those places. >w>;
Well I did write in the OP that this was my idea of Hyrule if it were a solar system, not if it were a country on a planet in a solar system.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I wouldn't like it. It's a neat idea, but the Zelda series is based upon a more medieval look, and I think a lot of what made Zelda what it is would be lost if set in a futuristic setting.

Plus we already have Metroid, which does what Zelda does already (collecting items, some of which are the same, and some of which are different, gives you different suits/tunics to proceed into another area or boost your abilities, boss fights, etc) but sets it in a space realm.

But kudos to you for making the picture. It looks cool.
That's makes sense lunky.

In my opinion, would be nice if the next LoZ could have a Hyrules Star System with every planet having a Medieval Look without breaking the LoZ style.

Plus, the game should have many Planets to be explored. Not Planets with a small area, but planets with a LARGE area to be explored. Also, the Planets should have powerful grunts too (Much more stronger than Iron Knuckles).

Man, if this LoZ were made with this style... I dunno... I really dunno... Would be "Insanely Epic".

Unfortunely, these ideas makes part of my Foolish Dream which I don't really expect that can be accomplished. A Foolish Dream based on a truly Competitive and Difficult LoZ.

rhan

Smash Hero
We have Metriod for all of our space traveling needs. LoZ should stay in the times it's in. Where they don't need technology to kick ***. Just magical powers.

The idea though is good. I just like how Zelda originally is.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I think using Mario as a comparison is a bad example. It's kind of clear that Mario Galaxy came about because, hey, we have Super Mario World, and what's bigger then a World? It was an obvious direction to take.

Mewter

Smash Master
I think using Mario as a comparison is a bad example. It's kind of clear that Mario Galaxy came about because, hey, we have Super Mario World, and what's bigger then a World? It was an obvious direction to take.
So, what's more futuristic than Zelda?

The Legend of ZELDALEN!
*Space Overlords RTS*

7 years

Smash Rookie
I think the idea might make me cry. Cryyyy. But if they did this, they would probably find someway to pull it off. As long as it didn't include any kind of space themes or space travel. That's getting too high tech for Zelda.
I was thinking Link could travel through these planets through magic or some sort of mystical device. An image randomly popped into my head and in this image I saw Link looking at a high powered telescope looking at another planet.

Top Bottom