• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors Direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
It's certainly possible! I'm hoping so lol, Idc about Hyrule Warrior that much but I'm sure others do so what ever

I hope the Direct concludes with that slash-and-burn transition and then a surprise Smash trailer with a Zelda theme, but a lot of people would skip it and miss it, so I don't expect it to happen.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Also it's not international, so yeah no smash characters. Even more reason for me not to watch lol

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The Hyrule Warriors Direct is said to be NA-exclusive in the twitter, so I wouldn't expect the reveal of a new Smash character there. They wouldn't announce a character here in the west and leave the Japanese people without the announcement. Hopefully I am wrong and we will get a new character there, though.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
It could possibly be a Nintendo direct since when we had the smash direct and Mario kart direct they posted "super smash bros direct, Mario kart 8 direct, tomodachi life direct, etc." this clearly says Nintendo direct! :)

But I wouldn't over hype ( my HW hype is a different type of hype from my Smash 4 hype)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think that this may be where the villains trailer is

...for Zelda characters only :p

Sincerely do not believe we will get a character here, but you best believe I will be watching anyway as it is exciting for me!
Do you guys have an idea as to how many directs have been in a month before? I'm more curious as to the chances that this diminishes the likelihood (or rather, diminishes the actuality) that we will get a Smash direct.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
It could possibly be a Nintendo direct since when we had the smash direct and Mario kart direct they posted "super smash bros direct, Mario kart 8 direct, tomodachi life direct, etc." this clearly says Nintendo direct! :)

But I wouldn't over hype ( my HW hype is a different type of hype from my Smash 4 hype)
its specifacly a hyrule warriors direct look on the website

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well.

I guess we just have to see.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Get your hype on.

domokl

Smash Lord
but there is never info for other games in specific game directs so i dont think there will be a reveal sadly.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Highly doubt it. If it's a direct about one specific game, it's usually about that one specific game.

We didn't get a hidden character in Mario Kart from the Smash direct. Or a hidden Smash Bros. character in the Mario Kart direct.

I hope that isn't the only direct in August tho...

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Pokemon X & Y Direct.... OH MY Gosh Mewtwo for Smash! Reality: Nothing

Wonder 101 Direct: OH MY Gosh Wonder Red for Smash! Reality: Nothing

Mario Kart 7 Direct: Wario for Smash! Reality: nothing

Tomodachi Life Direct: Mii's for Smash! Reality: Nothing

Hyrule Warriors Direct: Zelda Newcomer for Smash! Reality: FREAKING NOTHING

How long does it take you people to realize that a game focused direct ONLY focuses on that game?

Asinine Naives

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
but in those gmae specific events there was still times for all the reveals so unless sakurai does like 2 livestreams in august.

Reila

Highly doubt it. If it's a direct about one specific game, it's usually about that one specific game.

We didn't get a hidden character in Mario Kart from the Smash direct. Or a hidden Smash Bros. character in the Mario Kart direct.

I hope that isn't the only direct in August tho...
You are right, but since the release date is so close, one can dream. Unless they plan to have two Directs in August...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I doubt we're getting anything from this save new Hyrule Warriors characters. Which is cool by me. That game is pretty hype in it's own right.

domokl

Smash Lord
You are right, but since the release date is so close, one can dream. Unless they plan to have two Directs in August...
sakurai could also livestream on the main website again though

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think there were directs for Mario Kart 8, Smash, and Tomodachi Life in April alone. It's possible.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I suppose a newcomer could happen, but I doubt it.

The best case scenario is Ganondorf revealed when the game hits Japanese shelves (August 13th).

Reila

I think there were directs for Mario Kart 8, Smash, and Tomodachi Life in April alone. It's possible.
Right, there were. Only the Smash and Mario Kart ones where worldwide, though.

If April is anything to go by, the potential Smash Direct will be only be broadcast close to September... This is gonna be a loooong wait.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
April had the Tomodachi Direct two days after the Smash Direct so anything is fair game in my opinion.

domokl

Smash Lord
im betting we get all the remainng heroes and confirmation qwe can play as villians

jacobjeb

Smash Rookie
NNID
jacobjeb
I really do not think so. In the slight chance that they reveal a character at the end, I'm sure it will just be Ganondorf.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
I think Ganondorf will either be revealed via pic of the day, or when the game releases. That's what I think, other than that, this seems to be just focused on Hyrule Warriors 100%.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I think Ganondorf will either be revealed via pic of the day, or when the game releases. That's what I think, other than that, this seems to be just focused on Hyrule Warriors 100%.
Yup. I gonna go with PotD following the Hyrule Warriors Direct :ganondorfmelee::ganondorf:

I hope so anyway. Though, I won't mind waiting until release since we've already been waiting forever anyway.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Yup. I gonna go with PotD following the Hyrule Warriors Direct :ganondorfmelee::ganondorf:

I hope so anyway. Though, I won't mind waiting until release since we've already been waiting forever anyway.
I've been dying so see Ganondorf's new design even though we all know it will be Twilight Princess based, but still Link and Zelda looked so much different and just wasn't an HD model of themselves, Zelda especially looks different in the face and half of the community was debating on Link being Skyward Sword Link or Twilight Princess Link. Either way, I'm really hoping they make Ganondorf really tall in this game, he's always had that extra height that made him even more villainous and scary.

Last edited:

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Last post in this thread and then I'm out, this is just me stating what I personally want to happen. How about Sakurai gives us Ganondorf today for the Direct Reveal and then give us a Zelda newcomer for the Direct. A man can dream.

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Ooh, and it's on my birthday, too! Thanks for the present, Nintendo! :)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Given that this has nothing to do with Smash as of yet, this thread shall be moved to the Legend of Zelda Forum.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
Sakurai on Monday: Pic of the Day (image of new Zelda stage for Wii U) Today there was a Nintendo Direct on Hyrule Warriors, so I though it would be a good chance to show of this stage, and announce the return of a veteran fighter.....

(in comments) ... Falco. Falco's moveset is quite similar to Fox's in many ways. He is one of a number of fighters who share similar movesets.:troll:

In seriousness I doubt there will be any smash stuff in the trailer. HW launches before Smash in Japan, so Ganondorf can be confirmed via PotD then, in the event that there is a Zelda newcomer they will probably be secret.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Sakurai on Monday: Pic of the Day (image of new Zelda stage for Wii U) Today there was a Nintendo Direct on Hyrule Warriors, so I though it would be a good chance to show of this stage, and announce the return of a veteran fighter.....

(in comments) ... Falco. Falco's moveset is quite similar to Fox's in many ways. He is one of a number of fighters who share similar movesets.:troll:

In seriousness I doubt there will be any smash stuff in the trailer. HW launches before Smash in Japan, so Ganondorf can be confirmed via PotD then, in the event that there is a Zelda newcomer they will probably be secret.
This is exactly what I'm thinking. And yes we do need a new stage for Zelda... Skyloft looks so ugly imo.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm going to direct people to go to the Hyrule Warriors thread if you'd like to discuss this topic, feels redundant to have a topic explicitly about the Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom