• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I always wanted to make a thread here!

ADHD

Smash Hero
No you!

This is kind of annoying, aslong as we don't get hit by the dsmash when she has a banana it's np.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
It's a little more complicated than that. If she has a banana Diddy has to change the way he plays completely as to not get hit by either the banana itself or a dsmash. Plus unlike most of these "infinites" this one is totally very easy to do.

This does change the match-up at least a little bit.

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's a little more complicated than that. If she has a banana Diddy has to change the way he plays completely as to not get hit by either the banana itself or a dsmash. Plus unlike most of these "infinites" this one is totally very easy to do.
No, it's really not that big of a deal. Now it's obvious they are going to glidetoss it every time they pick one up. I don't see how this is different from ice climbers having a banana.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Hold on, I didn't say it was a "big deal," I just said that like the Ice Climbers having a banana, this is a factor that you have to be aware of and adjust the way you play accordingly. ZSS even has a much better banana game than ICs (and most everyone).

It changes the way the match-up is played for Diddy.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
No, it's really not that big of a deal. Now it's obvious they are going to glidetoss it every time they pick one up. I don't see how this is different from ice climbers having a banana.
Any decent Diddy is already watching out for a Glide Toss 100% of the time anyway, and we don't need to change how we've been avoiding it already to try and avoid this. It's pretty easy to just jump when you see the Banana coming, thereby avoiding the trip and enabling you to avoid the D-Smash.

Also, you could just Single Banana Lock anyway. Almost any character can do it, but nobody does. It takes practically just as much tech skill, and is less complicated.

Good find, though. Just don't start saying that Diddy has to change how he plays when we've been avoiding the Glide Toss since its discovery anyway ;)

From the other thread:
My feedback twofold: first is that we've been avoiding the Glide Toss against us since it was discovered (and we know several ways to counter it), and now all this means is that we have even more reason to implement the plethora of ways to stop the Glide Toss from happening.

Second is that we simply take ZSS to Battlefield, Halberd, Frigate, Smashville, or any other stage with platforms. The footstool makes you jump too high to truly use this effectively anywhere but FD, but you'll likely have banned that stage anyway seeing as it'd still be in our advantage to go there, infinite or not.

Find a way to do this without the Glide Toss setup and then we're talking. In the mean time, the Single Banana Lock is just as easy to do and can be done on stages with platforms.

Nitrix

Smash Ace

Its true, her ground game is fairly predictable, and having "another infinite" isn't too scary until someone actually uses them successfully in a tournament setting. Go read Ingulit's post.

I think you are just upset that this isn't a big deal :p

TreK

Is "that guy"
There's really no reason a ZSS would ever steal a banana to a decent/good Diddy anyway.

Top Bottom