• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am in love with egg lay...

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Couldn't think of a way to say "Hi guys! I am back into the Brawl scene "(due to recent MLG rumors) and that I missed everyone without getting my account banned again so I am making a post on how I recently incorporated egg lay into my game. .... lolol..

I really thought this move wasn't good. Now I use it a lot.. any thoughts?

Mmac

Smash Lord
I still don't use it, But I might in some aspects of my game. Could be a good anti-air

Also welcome back

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I have been using it mostly now when my bairs become too predictable... It also = a free taunt... wee =)

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Two extremely practical uses for Egg Lay: against Ice Climbers to separate them easily, and against Meta Knight's Mach Tornado.

Egg Lay isn't very damaging, but I agree that it's a very underrated move.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
yes I am going to the November ecrc ..just waiting to find out when and where.. of course now im gonna take a lot of **** for saying I quit, and then coming back lolol.. o well.. people will have to deal.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Egg lay is usable, but I don't see the point after seeing all the other moves Yoshi posesses. That's just me.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I do tend to do turn around egg lays too mix up the aerial approaches. Oh and in teams for a little time of double teamin' the other guy. and as everyone knows the ever popular taunting.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Egg Lay is awesome for so many reasons.

I've been trying to come up with some really gay offstage stuff with it against bad recoveries like Wolf, Falco, and some others. Besides for Shiri Combo and Ice Climber molestation, though, I have to say my favorite use of the move to date is chaining a downsmash to annihilate Captain Olimar's Pikmin. It is so incredibly satisfying to destroy 80% of his attack and defense options with a single chain.

Good ****, Yoshi.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Pride is the best yoshi ever :).

:).

PRiDE

Smash Lord
yeah... it is too bad that you, Hylian, don't main him... you would master ALL of his techniques within an hour, be able to execute them flawlessly and become the best Yoshi player in Texas.. no wait, the world. no wait.. That is my title... >_>

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
The people in this topic are all sexually attracted to Egg Lay. It's just that sexy.

Frown

poekmon
against Ice Climbers to separate them easily
I can't believe I haven't thought of this.

Would this work?

1. Match begins.
2. Yoshi runs to the edge and faces the Ice Climbers.
3. Ice climbers run towards Yoshi.
4. Yoshi uses egg lay, Nana or Popo is trapped.
5. Yoshi grabs the remaining Ice climber and performs a bthrow. Ice climbers lose either Nana or a stock.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Its amazing for killing off Pikmin.

I don't play with Yoshi much, I'm fine with his playstyle, but no >/^ B recovery feels weird to me....

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
It sounds like we're all learning something here. How does Egg Lay kill off Pikmin?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Whoa, nice! I don't play a lot of Olimars, so I'll have to try this! Thanks! :bee:

Kress

Smash Rookie
>_> What does communism has to do with egg lay?
Anyways, I've been triyng to use it in my recovering to egg ay opponents, but I often do it wrong and egg lay after my second jump, causing for me to die Z_Z

I'll try to fix that >_>

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
Red yoshi>you...

Yeah, egg lay is really awesome, especially since it reminds me of the djc days of melee.

I, too, thought it was a terrible move, but I am finding it to be extremely useful now. It's so fast.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Pride, see me in tourney son.

My Marth hungers for dinosaur meat.

:)

Chaco

Never Logs In
OhI found a grab release with egg lay.

On FD they get popped under the lip and are forced to recover...if they can't recover well this screws them.

So you do like you would do a fair release, but do an egg lay instead. :]

Gindler

Smash Champion
I just know that if I were to try that i'd go into an eggroll by mistake (I sometimes forget to stop holding the stick)

Airborne

Smash Lord
egg lay is amazing imo.... i think i might've found a new use for it too..... it involves edge guarding so im going to mess with it and post a vid.... probly in a few minutes after i post another weird thing i found...

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Man, I totally owned an Olimar player's face with what Mmac taught me. That is just unadulterated awesomeness. Thanks again, man!

Top Bottom