• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am still getting powned by Wolfs... >_>

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
OMg....genius.

Im a luigi main, an now in FL everyone knows. Yet, my pride has led me into tourneys blind ignoring the fact that i will face a metaknight eventually. This last tourney I got 13th out of 64.

And i lost to 2 Mks, both winners an losers. In winners i was one win away to face seibrik, top 3 player right now in FL. An against DDD, i laugh. Yet, I could not do a upset...since I lost to a MK.

And I KNOW, that it is impossible for Luigi to beat MK. So what I can go toe for toe on stage...take me off an im dead... But I am stubborn. So it took me about 7 tourneys now. So im done with it. Im done losing to players that are obvious, predictable, an to be able to think as the match goes on "hes going to to this, an i cant do ****"..im just done.

What you said was right, an for those who want to be good, you must pick up a counter. I picked Snake, i know D3, and I feel like picking up Bowser. But im focusing on Snake.

Jeez, I really want to see how I do this sat. HRNUT said im placing top 3, but im still nervous about MKs. Hoe my Snake stays strong on the ground an doesn't get gimped to hard. Reflex good **** at FAST1 man, I didnt go in singles cuz im stupid. But good **** man. Abe says hes better though =) Sucks M2K had to go D3 on you..=(
you got this dude stay focused.

Opfer

Smash Cadet
Umm, some more on the Wolf debate. I think I've got the shield pressure thing handled pretty well, using a combination of ground dodges, powershields and shieldgrabs (as a last resort).

This has lead the Wolf that I play regularly to become even more campy, since he noticed that approaching (or using attacks for anything else than countering my attacks / hit me in my lag) doesn't do him any good. So there isn't any way for me to bait out any kind of approach, since he knows he'll beat out my approaches by shieldrolling / fsmashing almost all the time, so he's patiently waiting for me to approach while laser spamming (preferably below a platform).

So some of you said that Wolf isn't a counter for Yoshi, so what'd do you do in my situation?

Forsworn

Smash Cadet
Umm, some more on the Wolf debate. I think I've got the shield pressure thing handled pretty well, using a combination of ground dodges, powershields and shieldgrabs (as a last resort).

This has lead the Wolf that I play regularly to become even more campy, since he noticed that approaching (or using attacks for anything else than countering my attacks / hit me in my lag) doesn't do him any good. So there isn't any way for me to bait out any kind of approach, since he knows he'll beat out my approaches by shieldrolling / fsmashing almost all the time, so he's patiently waiting for me to approach while laser spamming (preferably below a platform).

So some of you said that Wolf isn't a counter for Yoshi, so what'd do you do in my situation?
Your eggs outreach his laser, so if you camp back he will have to come closer (unless he just shields/dodges the eggs the whole time). Even if he's under platforms like on Battlefield and Lylat Cruise, your eggs go horizontal enough to go under them and reach Wolf.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Your eggs outreach his laser, so if you camp back he will have to come closer (unless he just shields/dodges the eggs the whole time). Even if he's under platforms like on Battlefield and Lylat Cruise, your eggs go horizontal enough to go under them and reach Wolf.
That reflector is a pain.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
His lasers shoot and move faster than your eggs, so he can reflect any you fire at him and still have enough time to shoot back at you in between. Yoshi is the one who will have to approach.

Opfer

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I can't outspam him because of the reflector.

But the shorthopped egg sounds interesting, I'll give it a try next time, thanks.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Pride you know where I live. If you want some Wolf practice, I can throw some gas money your way if you pick me up. I decided not to quit him after all.

D

Deleted member

Umm...reflector maybe? Its not even an advanced skill, my 3 yr old cousin can outspam me with wolf, just use down b and lazer(and im pretty good at spamming with yoshi).

D

Deleted member

I lol at noobs who think im serious xD

But seriously, ur lame.

Also, playmeintrnyscrub

Top Bottom