• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I cannot fight Sheik at all

I tend to do well at most matchups, but I just cannot do Sheik.

Both of my losses in a recent WiFi bracket were against Sheik, and I felt helpless as they needle-camped, fished for grabs, ftilted me over and over, and then got free kills.

I auto-lose this MU, so meeting one in Winner's and one in Loser's is pretty discouraging, and I do not enjoy fighting this character in the slightest.

I feel like Roy can definitely do the MU, but it's pretty uphill, and I don't feel like I'm skilled enough to do that. I'm not that good with the character specifically, and I probably won't be

As much as I want Sheik deleted from the roster overnight, nerfed to being the objectively worst character in the game, dropped by everyone in the world, or whatever else, I need to adapt to this matchup and learn it since Sheik is probably going to be prevalent throughout Smash 4.

Do you guys have any tips on ways to learn the Sheik MU pretty thoroughly? Are there any characters other than Sheik who **** on Sheik, or at least don't feel helpless or feel less helpless versus her? I just want that soul-crushing feeling of running into Sheik gone.

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Dont have an answer for you, but just wanted to say good di can significantly reduce shieks punish game. Roy can escape ftilt juggles with di down at low percent and smash di down past 30 or 40 percent and shield grab shiek.
Also with di away, shieks fair planes are significantly less effective.
Also mixing up fast falling along with other defenisive options practically eliminates shieks 50 50s and silly bouncing fish pokes. Example : dthrow up air has a different timimg for ff no airdodge, ff airdodge, no ff no airdodge and no ff airdodge. This alone reduces shieks odds to 1/4 without considering dj and sdi.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
I also agree that this matchup can be pretty bad, but not impossible. The furthest you wanna be from Sheik is midrange, mainly because needles are such are good projectile, and Roy can easily close the distance at midrange with his speed. Off stage, you'll pretty much have to respect Sheik because of her excellent off stage game in comparison to Roy's. Throughout the match, I feel Roy is gonna have to be patient and download the Sheik's habits and exploit them. When the pressure is a bit too much, you shouldn't be afraid to reset the situation by opening the distance to midrange if you need to. You also never really wanna airdodge against Sheik cause up B and Usmash are much bigger threats than her Uair.

I have yet to try this myself, but Roy's up B should be fairly useful against Fair approaches because super armor and Roy simply gets much more from the trade.

Last edited:
Top Bottom