• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't beat a REALLY gay snake, can you guys help me?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Like literally he just ftilts and does other gay snake stuff. I can't get the finishing blow because of his weight, and the ftilt punishes every little thing. I spammed him and played it safe, chaingrabbed him, tried being aggressive, and nothing worked. What really pisses me off is that I get killed at 100ish while he just sits there and doesn't care until he gets KO'd at what, 160? Is there anything that beats the up smash? Any helpful hints? I tried to read the other stuff around here about snake and I'm still at a loss. I tried to be careful about my spacing also, but looking back on it I was desperate to kill him and maybe that was a major contribution to my failure

F3ma Ch33f

Smash Apprentice
My advice would be to try to gimp his recovery Falco is my secondary, BAir works wonders for me nice knockback and comes out fast, but anyway just try to keep him off the stage as much as possible untill he falls to his death.

ADHD

Smash Hero
My advice would be to try to gimp his recovery Falco is my secondary, BAir works wonders for me nice knockback and comes out fast, but anyway just try to keep him off the stage as much as possible untill he falls to his death.
Alright, I'll use more bairs I guess against snake

J4pu

Smash Champion
CG > spike > spike while he tries to recover (it works like this you CG to the edge, buffer a dash SH Dair then let Falco fall at normal speed off the stage then when Snake tries to UpB past you you use your second jump for a rising Dair to finish the job and then recover.) His only option in this case is to bomb jump away from you to avoid the 2nd Dair which will add plenty of dmg after the dmg already put on from the CG and Dair.

Now then, if he spams grenades to stop you from doing a CG, just SHDL the hell out of him, or even randomly stop jumping and start shooting grounded here and there when it's safe (because then all lasers will be at grenade level and will more likely cause him to hurt himself)

I have never faced this problem yet but the kind of Snake I am afraid of meeting is this: grenade himself until he is past CG % and then spam his broken as tilts with crawling to get under lasers. For this I can't think of a real great answer, but Falco's Ftilt cancels with Snake's Ftilt. Sorry if that is common knowledge, I just thought it was awesome when i found out yesterday

Man I hate giving Snake's ideas, maybe i should delete that strategy above.

wangston

Smash Lord
Yeah if you chain grab and spike, and follow up with another spike he should be dead, or instead of another spike grab him out of his upb and don't hit anything and watch him fall to his death. The hard part is getting the grab. Also SHDL all day it works wonders on that tall hairy man.

Now if you play a snake that stands there and drops nades all day well thats another story cause then you can't cg him because he will be surrounded my two nades and he will wait until they explode and get him to %50 then he will fight. Also if a snake does this don't approach the nades will just blow you up too, so simply stand back and fire that laser. Yes I have friend that does this, it makes playing snake so much harder because you don't get a free kill from cg anymore you have to earn all 3 of your kills.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
I had the Same problem >.> I had to use meta knight's Speed cuase My ike Skills are good but he's just to slow and he gets punished by that dam ftilt. EVIL Knee and Death Barrel Punch makes me cry TT_TT. :p

kismet2

Smash Ace
Against spammy snakes, be more patient, if not you can keep going up to snake and eating tilts. killing snake isn't a problem, because if you play a patient falco and non aggressive you'll see that snakes will make more mistakes instead of playing defensive and using tilts.You'll need mad spacing, use laser spam(SHSL) use Dair over his Shield and when fighting snake up close use jab more(A-A-A). When you camp a snake you'll basically take control of the match because you have the reflector and lasers. Also if it's a real spammy snake, shouldn't he be predictable? If so then you can already win from punishing his constant pattern.

BsdKid4ever

Smash Cadet
Is there anything that beats the up smash?
Yes, there is, The first few frames of your dair make the mortar explode, but, miraculously, you don't take any damage. This is a great technique when you use it as soon as the Usmash comes out, you'll hit snake, too.

So, basically, full jump-(possible double jump)-Momentum dair*-If lower %s, U-tilt is possible.

*-Just do a dair as you're falling so you keep your momentum, it's possible to do a non-momentum dair (do a dair as you're jumping) to not take damage form his U-smash, but that will probably never hit an U-smashing snake.

Top Bottom