• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't stop using dair.

Rainbow TroUt

Smash Cadet
When I get hit into the air directly up I like to come back down and use a dair but rarely do I get the last hit off or I hit the ground before the hits finish resulting in me getting lightly punished. Can anyone toss some ideas on what to replace the dair with?

dan smith

Smash Champion
Yeah, Dair lags, so you don't wanna drop it. I suggest drifting to the side and hitting them with Bair. The Nair is a good quick disruption move, but it's got no range...and the fair is best air to air.

The dair is good though, for reference. Short hop Dair dosen't have the lag cause you don't hit the ground during the lag.

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
yea, its hard to use the dair in the air. its best used from the ground as you are rising in your jump. when you are almost down to the ground, the the dair will have its final hit, and you will have minimal lag.

Rainbow TroUt

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the advice I'll try to incorporate it. I just hate getting a quick smash or a few hits on me because I used a dair out of being juggled.

MLG Mune

Smash Cadet
try coming down close (make sure u got a jump left) jump and dair so your rising. dodging is most likely the best thing u can do to get out of juggles. thats why theres no such thing as combos in brawl.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
yeah what Mune said with Dair. Hover with it. Come down and when in range jump with a dair while above him. Vary this up with FF Nairs, FF, Bairs, and Fairs.

Come down with the occasional jet hammer for style ^^

That or you can go safe and come down on the ledge.

sweetooth

Smash Ace
I always come down wit dair... but i dont always drop straight onto the opponent. Ill do the dair, jump again and do it again, and mix it up until i can land safely

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
yea, rising dairs are the best, because all the hits hit. i think thats what this move was made for.

The Phantom Smasher

Smash Cadet
Come down and when in range jump with a dair while above him. Vary this up with FF Nairs, FF, Bairs, and Fairs.

Come down with the occasional jet hammer for style ^^

That or you can go safe and come down on the ledge.
This guy was right on the money. You definitely can't rely on just one technique. You need to make sure you're not getting predictable with it. The dair will work good if you use a jump, but you shouldn't use it too much.

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
yeah if you're coming down dair usually isn't the answer, i'd say bair or sometimes fair. But really if you're coming down from high, it's pretty predictable to go straight at them with an aerial. sometimes its just best to DI away from your opponent or air dodge them if they're waiting under you

dan smith

Smash Champion
In regards to SHNair, sometimes against my friends DK we get into dodge showdowns. He'll come in for a grab, I'll dodge, then I'll try and grab him, and he'll dodge, and then he'll try to downsmash, and I'll dodge....etc. These things get pretty intense, in these situations, SHing a Nair can break the cycle. Any situation where you want to get somebody off your back, clear out.

It's combo disruption, mult directional, short ranged, and really quick.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
what dan smith said
you can short hop the dairs if you like them, and you can also jump again at the end of each dair, so you basically become an airborne blender.
i havent seen alot of people do this but i use it on characters like olimar, when i dont want to be on the ground.

i sometimes did what you say with ffdair, people just shield that & grab so its not useable in that sense

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
it seems DDD does not have a move for hitting people right below him in the air. like, his down air need to start in the middle of a jump to have full effect. and nair doesnt have much range.

Top Bottom