• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I CRUSHED m2k in our match at WORLD HOBO!!!!!!!!

LanceStern

Smash Lord
That seems like the same problem we ALL have with metaknight (samus in general). He gets in Samus' face and throws out his high priority aerial attacks there's not much we can do. But the first stock on movie one is very encouraging. We can definitely BEAT metaknight, it's just we have to do a heck of a lot of things extremely good to do so.

One thing I've noticed a lot with metaknights is they like to get above Samus alot. It's happened to me, a few others, and in your movie Xyro where they are easy targets for an OoS Up B.

EDIT: By the way, could you tell me how you are zairing right after the down B? Just mashing Z or what? Because I would like to add that to the "Tips and Tactics" Topic I made. It's good to know against Metaknights.

Hive

Smash Lord
hey good job, xyro! ^^ mk is such a ridiculously one sided matchup lol :p but you did pretty good imo. :) (tornado sux :p)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Gotta hand that one too you. it was actually a well fought round, commented on it on youtube also. But still pretty Rad dude Allan

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Uhh heck no :p, the first match was just amazing, the second one wasn't as awesome but still pretty goo-

hey good job, xyro! ^^ mk is such a ridiculously one sided matchup lol :p but you did pretty good imo. :) (tornado sux :p)
wth? TOTALLY sucking up :)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Hell, I really hate Shuttle loop.

It's one thing if a character can't get gimed, cause then you can always spike them.
But when a character can't get frickin spiked, it's just frustrating.
F*ck those **** invincibility frames on Shuttle loop >=(

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
spike them when they are at the top of their shuttle loop.Wait for them to shuttle loop first :p
not that a pro would do that. but yeah.

OH yeah Xyro, was taht part of the tourniment? or were those friendlies?

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
i did? which ones?
lol, you're kidding right? Not that I care, actually I don't care.

But if i did care I would probably say these are some moves i haven't seen in your videos before;
- running off platforms to homing missiles (and following it up with something like dtilt)
- using homing missiles to approach
- grabbing when homing missiles hit lag shields
- DI down after getting thrown and zair
- short hop airdodge zairing
- instant grab ledge when hit horizontaly with zair
- fox trotting
- airdodging onto stages
- getting on the stage with dair
- going to the edge when your opponent has invincibility frames
- jab to dtilt
- zairing after arials (since you need a split second of airdodge)
- etc

Although I don't;
- air dodge as much
- use plasma ball randomly
- use zair so much for recovery

Of course maybe I just missed it in your old videos, or maybe you are learning these things on your own.

But like I said, it's good to see you getting better and using these moves instead of zairing and charging plasma's (your signature moves).

There's nothing wrong with taking other people's moves, i took a lot of Samus moves from others in melee. I even use your "uair to dsmash" move that I saw in your vid one time although I usually prefer my uair to upb over it.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

But if i did care I would probably say these are some moves i haven't seen in your videos before;
- running off platforms to homing missiles (and following it up with something like dtilt)
- fox trotting
- airdodging onto stages
- jab to dtilt
- etc

Although I don't;
- air dodge as much

Of course maybe I just missed it in your old videos, or maybe you are learning these things on your own.

But like I said, it's good to see you getting better and using these moves instead of zairing and charging plasma's (your signature moves).

There's nothing wrong with taking other people's moves, i took a lot of Samus moves from others in melee. I even use your "uair to dsmash" move that I saw in your vid one time although I usually prefer my uair to upb over it.
OMG you used one of my moves? Im honored(dead serious). Thanks for the post Tudor. I guess i did use your stuff. i need to watch your old vids and see if u did some of that stuff first. wether you did or didnt. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't matter if I did or didn't (but check it out if you want, i really hope you or other samus's improve on them, which is why I posted the vids in the first place). Like i said, i like the way you're playing (it's improved fo sho). Keep up the good work ^^

Thanks for the post too, i dunno if it took a lot or not for you to write that but be sure that I appreciate it.

Xyro77

Doesn't matter if I did or didn't (but check it out if you want, i really hope you or other samus's improve on them, which is why I posted the vids in the first place). Like i said, i like the way you're playing (it's improved fo sho). Keep up the good work ^^

Thanks for the post too, i dunno if it took a lot or not for you to write that but be sure that I appreciate it.

i kinda look up to you(to be honest). so writing something like that wasnt hard. man i wanna play you

Crystanium

Smash Hero
i kinda look up to you(to be honest). so writing something like that wasnt hard. man i wanna play you
I look up to both of you. You guys play mean Samus'! I want to be like you guys, if not better!

Oh, and congratulations on being a Smash Elitist, Xyro! Should you now be the Purple Lesbian, and I the Red Lesbian?

Xyro77

I look up to both of you. You guys play mean Samus'! I want to be like you guys, if not better!

Oh, and congratulations on being a Smash Elitist, Xyro!
Thank you! They let me because "xyro runs one of the most POPULAR/successful series in smash history"

Uffe

Smash Hero
That looked hilarious at what happened at the end. It didn't even look like you were trying. There's something I noticed whenever you got back on the stage, though and that was using fair. You did it a few times and m2k would just block it. Not that you really need any advice from me, but make sure where your opponent is and what he does before acting upon it. If he's near the stage, chances are he'll block. If he's a few steps away from the stage, chances are he'll want you to roll towards him.

Yeah, I know, you don't need advice from some n00b.

Xyro77

That looked hilarious at what happened at the end. It didn't even look like you were trying. There's something I noticed whenever you got back on the stage, though and that was using fair. You did it a few times and m2k would just block it. Not that you really need any advice from me, but make sure where your opponent is and what he does before acting upon it. If he's near the stage, chances are he'll block. If he's a few steps away from the stage, chances are he'll want you to roll towards him.

Yeah, I know, you don't need advice from some n00b.
in a normal fight i would take your advice. but in this case it was m2k and i was hope-in to weaken his shield so i could pull off other attacks

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Word up. Tudor invented Airdodges, Zair, Foxtrotting, Jab cancelling and Grabbing people who shield. Also not hitting people who are invincible. No copying these sacred techniques without thanking him first people.

Xyro77

Word up. Tudor invented Airdodges, Zair, Foxtrotting, Jab cancelling and Grabbing people who shield. Also not hitting people who are invincible. No copying these sacred techniques without thanking him first people.

i hope you are joking.

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
lol xiahou dun is right, i always want recognition and I only posted because i did invent all those things and I need thanking if you want or are even thinking about using any of those moves. I DIDN'T say; xyro is getting much better and we both seem to be using a lot of the same moves. I'm glad we have people like you that contribute when they decide to put their fingers on a keyboard =P

Well all those moves in my opinion are essential to a skilled Samus. There are still a lot more that we can work on and improve as well though.

Dude xyro, if we had more constructive criticism and helpful tips while taking the time to listen to each other we could probably help the Samus boards a lot. However when I post I feel like I'm offending people when I don't mean to (like this xiahou fellow), so I try not to post.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
lol xiahou dun is right, i always want recognition and I only posted because i did invent all those things and I need thanking if you want or are even thinking about using any of those moves. I DIDN'T say; xyro is getting much better and we both seem to be using a lot of the same moves. I'm glad we have people like you that contribute when they decide to put their fingers on a keyboard =P

Well all those moves in my opinion are essential to a skilled Samus. There are still a lot more that we can work on and improve as well though.

Dude xyro, if we had more constructive criticism and helpful tips while taking the time to listen to each other we could probably help the Samus boards a lot. However when I post I feel like I'm offending people when I don't mean to (like this xiahou fellow), so I try not to post.
I wish you would post more, Tudor. I don't see you or Rohins around much anymore, and when I do see your guys' names, I always want to see what you guys wrote.

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
Haha the sad part is I read everything you guys write I just stay in the shadows... I told you why lol =P

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate

- fox trotting
- airdodging onto stages
- jab to dtilt
- etc

Although I don't;
- air dodge as much

some of the things seem like kind of a stretch. im mean come on, do you seriously think you "invented" things like approaching with homing missiles, shorthop airdodge zairing, airdodging on the stage, getting on the stage with dair, going to the edge when opponent is invincible etc? half of these things were used in melee (approaching with homing missiles, airdodging onto stage, getting on the stage with dair, and going to edge when opponent is invincible). but on another note, maybe everyone did copy your style after you put vids up. all im saying is that i was doing those things when i was just a noob samus starting out.

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
goddamit, i'm never posting again. I wrote about how it seemed to me xyro changed his play style by adding that long list of things. I ****ing wrote "But if i did care I would probably say these are some moves i haven't seen in your videos before;"

sigh, like i said this is why I don't post.

nobody ever invented any of those moves, it just a matter of who uses them, **** my life.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
some of the things seem like kind of a stretch. im mean come on, do you seriously think you "invented" things like approaching with homing missiles, shorthop airdodge zairing, airdodging on the stage, getting on the stage with dair, going to the edge when opponent is invincible etc? half of these things were used in melee (approaching with homing missiles, airdodging onto stage, getting on the stage with dair, and going to edge when opponent is invincible). but on another note, maybe everyone did copy your style after you put vids up. all im saying is that i was doing those things when i was just a noob samus starting out.
Um, Tudor said that Xyro adopted a lot of moves that he uses that he did not see Xyro use. Tudor even said that he "took a lot of Samus moves from others in Melee," which means he did not ever claim to have invented them in the first place, just that he didn't see Xyro do these in his matches.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
goddamit, i'm never posting again. I wrote about how it seemed to me xyro changed his play style by adding that long list of things. I ****ing wrote "But if i did care I would probably say these are some moves i haven't seen in your videos before;"

nobody ever invented any of those moves, it just a matter of who uses them, **** my life.

we all <3 you :) please keep posting, your one of the best, if not the best samus, you know where and when to use moves and that is half the battle, the more you post the more we learn.

LanceStern

Smash Lord

You're taking things a little too seriously I think.
I hope your life isn't so bad that you'd curse it because of a small misunderstanding with a stranger on a message board.

I think everything has been settled, keep posting. Have fun.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Um, Tudor said that Xyro adopted a lot of moves that he uses that he did not see Xyro use. Tudor even said that he "took a lot of Samus moves from others in Melee," which means he did not ever claim to have invented them in the first place, just that he didn't see Xyro do these in his matches.
which is why i put quotation marks around the word "invented". i may have said invented, but the quotation marks were used because the word invented was used as a lack of better term. and besides, there is no way you can tell me that it didn't sound like he was trying to claim common knowledge.

You're taking things a little too seriously I think.
I hope your life isn't so bad that you'd curse it because of a small misunderstanding with a stranger on a message board.

I think everything has been settled, keep posting. Have fun.
completely agreed.

@ tudor, its not like you ever post here anyway. there is no use in getting angry over a post on a board you are barely seen on. on that note i hope that this little "tiff" doesn't completely discourage you from visiting here. i'm not a fan of brown nosing like some of the other samus' ^, but like previously said, your input is highly valued here.

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
lol i'm not angry! Don't be so sensitive guys... although i appreciate it it's just a game

f my life is an expression we use a lot in vegas ^^

Like i told you i wasn't trying to take credit, i do visit these boards a lot, i won't stop visiting, no more drama plz, continue the discussion.

KeepinItFresh

Smash Cadet
XD @ everyone taking ish seriously.

Xyro, you rock. Tudor, you rock.

In terms of the vid presented here, I can only imagine to do as well as you did, Xyro, against M2K. I can barely take off a stock against Junk's MK and seeing you play so well against M2K and all the other vids you have against high tiers gives me hope as to what can be accomplished.

You too Tudor. I want more vids from you! And I'm sure others do too.

Top Bottom