• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I feel like I'm spoiled or something

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Link to original post: [drupal=2029]I feel like I'm spoiled or something[/drupal]

Whenever we go on vacations, I dread it. Because in my family, vacation is "let's go see 5 more national parks." which means we hike, we look at a mountain, and we look at some waterfall. I don't mind hiking, but it gets so old that we do it on every vacation.
I feel like I'm spoiled though. Many kids would enjoy vacation, but would never be able to go on one. I go on vacations every year but I can't appreciate it anymore because we do the same stuff every time.
I keep these thoughts to myself around the family, but I'd wish they'd realize that there's more things to do on vacation than hike and look at waterfalls.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
One who thinks they are spoiled is most likely not. You just lack the appreciation of both nature and time with your family. Perhaps you are taking it all for granted? Many people haven't the time nor funds to go out on such adventures, and others don't even have any loved ones to cherish that time with.

But the first step is always an epiphany. You will see just how important it all is.

Memories are always worth repeating.

Altrox, you are not alone; and that may not be a good thing, because...you might be insane (I mean, I am...).

I feel the exact same way on vacations...It gets rather annoying, really.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I don't mind hiking, but I can agree that I would be bored out of my mind if that was what I did for every single vacation. A little variety never hurt anyone.

WolfenMiatang

Smash Apprentice
Link to original post: [drupal=2029]I feel like I'm spoiled or something[/drupal]

Whenever we go on vacations, I dread it. Because in my family, vacation is "let's go see 5 more national parks." which means we hike, we look at a mountain, and we look at some waterfall. I don't mind hiking, but it gets so old that we do it on every vacation.
I feel like I'm spoiled though. Many kids would enjoy vacation, but would never be able to go on one. I go on vacations every year but I can't appreciate it anymore because we do the same stuff every time.
I keep these thoughts to myself around the family, but I'd wish they'd realize that there's more things to do on vacation than hike and look at waterfalls.
I have an opposite of that. My family are not outgoing and we never go on road trips :ohwell:
Id love to have those vacations that you are doing though. Never did any of those in my life.

For your problem, I have to admit, your family must be very rich and since they take you to same places that are big. Its because they care about you and to keep in contact with you at all times. They just havent really opened there mind up to see other various things in vacations. But your so lucky:)

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
I would take a more active role in planning your family's vacation, do some research and look up prices and plan something fresh for them. A cruise would be a good example or perhaps simply a trip to a museum, but think of something new and propose it to them. If they still opt for the regular vacation maybe you could convince them t go somewhere new or at least different, like an Alaskan Park (unless you live in Alaska).

sammy p

Smash Lord
o wow. im doing the same thing (for the first time though might i add) in a week from saturday!
im actually kindof excited about it but this is my first time and as you said, you do the same thing every year...

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
would be nice to go to go out on the vacation yet I hve neither time or money haha. I don`t think ur spoiled. I live my vacations in my hosue while going to some places like once or twice. Memories r always nice to repeat cause to look back and smile at the good times ^^

mzink*

Smash Ace
Maybe make some suggestions to your family of other stuff that would be fun to do on vacation.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I would take a more active role in planning your family's vacation, do some research and look up prices and plan something fresh for them. A cruise would be a good example or perhaps simply a trip to a museum, but think of something new and propose it to them. If they still opt for the regular vacation maybe you could convince them t go somewhere new or at least different, like an Alaskan Park (unless you live in Alaska).
We each get a senior trip before college. I chose the UK. British people ftw.

I have an opposite of that. My family are not outgoing and we never go on road trips :ohwell:
Id love to have those vacations that you are doing though. Never did any of those in my life.

For your problem, I have to admit, your family must be very rich and since they take you to same places that are big. Its because they care about you and to keep in contact with you at all times. They just havent really opened there mind up to see other various things in vacations. But your so lucky:)
My dad is a doctor, but we're middle class. This is just their way of spending money rather than giving us a car, texting, or a decent internet/cable connection. which in all honesty, I would rather have because a vacation only lasts for a week while the other stuff is usable for long stretches of time.

and to the second poster, I don't get along with my family that well. Very little in common. They're all bible thumping and excited about every little thing on the trail. I'm a bit more grim and a deist

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Well i am a city guy, so i dont like places like hawaii much, because it is mostly waterfalls and parks and stuff. But, I like Mauii, the big island, etc. I know that I am priveledged, but I just prefer other place like LA, SF (i live in Oakland), and I REALLY want to go to New York. You aren't alone.

If you are spoiled, ask yourself this: do you have pretty much everything that you want? If so, then you are spoiled. :/

If not, you are just tired of doing the same things over and over again. Its perfectly normal.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If I had the chance to let somebody less fortunate take my place when traveling I would do that in a heartbeat.

...I've really no interest to go to anywhere outside of Las Vegas unless it's to go to a tournament, and yet going to places as far as Texas is a problem but taking a cruise around southern Europe is no biggie for my mother...

...I would kill people to go back to Amsterdam though...

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I also think I'm spoiled. Though I like what I have, I wouldn't want to lose any of it, and though I know what else I want, I don't want to die without it. I'm more spoiled than any of you.

Top Bottom