• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Guarantee you, I am The Real Renth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HtneR

Smash Rookie
Go Figure, i'm banned again.

You know, I've been trying to get along with the mods. When everyone was spamming because Gimpy was here I stayed out of it. So there's new warnings from this virgalhegaglue guy that no ones ever heard of. I posted in some threads and I got banned haha.

Hey! Virgil Va-gina or whatever your gay name is.

This is America Freedom of speech my friends and Atlantic South enjoys that right. You can put up all your little warnings and threats but it won't matter. you do know the more you do that the more everyones going to want to make spam threads right? Even if you guys are on "lock-down" right now it won't last and this will all happen again down the road.

Maybe if you guys took into consideration what everyone keeps asking for but since you guys don't notice it everytime it's mentioned let me help.

MAKE A SUBFORUM CHATROOM FOR THE REGIONAL ZONES, IF YOU MADE A ROOM FOR GENERAL DISCUSSION THE SPAM FLOW WOULD ULTIMATELY DIE DOWN. LITTLE WARNINGS AND BANS NO ONE CARES! OR HAVE SOMEONE MAKE A THREAD FOR ATLANTIC SOUTH CHATTING.

HtneR

Smash Rookie
Mods for the Atlantic South

EVIL_Peach18, M3D, Gimpyfish62, AlphaZealot

Nope.. Don't see a Virgilabagah anywhere

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
since theres no general chat area and we are being supressed by these nazi mods I went ahead and took care of it myself, by starting a forum for general chat smash related or not. Ill be purchasing the domain FLsmash.com on wednesday.

Until then http://z13.invisionfree.com/FLSmash will get you there.

No chat filters, no posting restricitions and no Nazi mods. There will be mods (which im in the process of selecting) but they will be just to take care of anything extreme that needs to be, not like any of the crap thats been going on here.

Already up to about 10 users, I recomend that everyone goes and makes an account there, laugh, have fun, discuss physics of life or just talk ****, i dont care :)

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
FLsmash will link people directly to the forums starting wednesday night/thursday morning. Gonna change up the layout/color scheme starting some time this week when I actually have the time to mess around and fix it up. but its plenty good enough for now.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I'm signing up. It'll be a way to talk to the Floridian community more.

Oh,... and hello HtneR! How you been?

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Id love to see everyone from Atlantic South sign up too, just because its gonna be FLsmash.com doesnt mean I dont wanna see GA and the rest of the states there ;) its just the name I came up with in about 3 seconds last night.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
In all honesty, the spamming typically gets bad semi-annually in Atlantic South.

Otherwise there's usually only one "spam" thread which is active. And that "spam" thread can tend to be one of the more worthwhile things to read on these forums. Posting about MMes all the time is just not very enlightening. The "spam" threads are where we get to show our true personalities; the NC DSing PR was hilarious, and any post by Synikal in the "spam" threads is normally more eloquent and relevant than the bull crap I often find myself reading for class.

Plus typically these spam threads will fade away after a week's worth of time. They really shouldn't be locked after only a few hours. The old mods of Atl South understood that, and would crack down when the spam got out of hand; otherwise things worked well. There hasn't been much of a problem until recently, and the only thing which has changed recently has been the moderation of the Atlantic South forum.

I'm trying to imply a causal relationship here. Did you expect anything different with a stickied warning thread in the Atlantic South?

But if this falls on deaf ears, I'll move along with the rest of FL (and hopefully the rest of ATL South) to the new forum Slynkee just listed. Also that a link to that forum should be stickied if y'all are really that (overly) serious about cutting down on spam.

And banning Renth only because he pointed out one spam thread y'all missed is just stupid.

I'll probably repost this in the Forum Disputes section if I tidy it up any/get banned because y'all didn't read it.

HtneR

Smash Rookie
ohhh noes you're all going to get infractions for posting here!

Too bad it doesn't matter cause we have a place to chat now!

Thanks Virgilgahbahgeww!

Slynkee for president

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom