• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I had an argument with a NOOB, who had the nerve to say MetaKnight's Up+B can't kill

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
A little while ago, I decided to go stop the Players Club at my school to kill a little bit of time. When I got to the room, there were a few people in the room playing Brawl, so I decided to chill and watch along with a friend of mines. While we were watching, one player decided to play MetaKnight. During the time he was playing he started saying that MK is a bad character who dies easily and can't really kill. After hearing him tring to rant about MK, I started explaining to the people in the room some of the things MK can do, and what make him really good. While I was telling someone about Mk's Up+B, the dude playing MK says out loud "MetaKnight's Up+B is weak and can't kill anyone." Then he decides to continue his rant. Aferwards, I look at my friend and we start laughing saying is there some ******** version of Brawl we haven't heard of, and my friend said he must be playin some inferior version of Brawl and Brawl+ called Brawl-. So I ask the dude if he's ever been to a tournament before, and he says that he's been to tourney's that ban Pit, Wolf, and MK. After hearing this, me and my friend decide to step in and play a few matches, and the next thing you know, the dude decides to leave.

n88

Smash Lord
THe correct procedure in this situation is to either

a) Kick the guy's *** as MetaKnight

b) Falcon PAAAAAWWWNCH him

c) Grow up and ignore him

or

d) Complain about it on a message board

Good job!

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
One guy's opinion, mate....

Not the biggest thing since sliced bread :p

Though, I agree him thinking metaknight is bad is quite weird :S

n88

Smash Lord
One guy's opinion, mate....

Not the biggest thing since sliced bread :p

Though, I agree him thinking metaknight is bad is quite weird :S
That is strange. Most n00bs pick up on how good Meta Knight is fairly quickly. I know I did.

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
good thing you did there . i hate it wen people that think they know brawl and everything about it.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
i don't keep your arguments to yourself stop getting the whole of smashboards involved pussyole.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
i don't keep your arguments to yourself stop getting the whole of smashboards involved pussyole.
:flame:
Wow, that's a new one. I wonder if you might be the Noob in question.

And yeah, if someone who obviously has no idea what they are doing decides to rag on a character (and is completely wrong about said character), simply bet money on a match against them, and then prove them wrong with said character. You get Coinage, and that person learns they are wrong. If they keep going despite being proven wrong, they are just being stupid.

I think that's the biggest problem though. When people KNOW they are wrong, and keep going. People that are inexperienced or make mistakes is one thing. Novices can become Pros if they try hard enough. N00bzorz piss me off, though.

Edit: I had to come back and say how the Brawl + and - part made me laugh. I coughed up my eggs from laughing.

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
Ahhh n00bs........

Next thing they'll say snake's up tilt can't kill.

Cool story bro.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
A little while ago, I decided to go stop the Players Club at my school to kill a little bit of time. When I got to the room, there were a few people in the room playing Brawl, so I decided to chill and watch along with a friend of mines. While we were watching, one player decided to play MetaKnight. During the time he was playing he started saying that MK is a bad character who dies easily and can't really kill. After hearing him tring to rant about MK, I started explaining to the people in the room some of the things MK can do, and what make him really good. While I was telling someone about Mk's Up+B, the dude playing MK says out loud "MetaKnight's Up+B is weak and can't kill anyone." Then he decides to continue his rant. Aferwards, I look at my friend and we start laughing saying is there some ******** version of Brawl we haven't heard of, and my friend said he must be playin some inferior version of Brawl and Brawl+ called Brawl-. So I ask the dude if he's ever been to a tournament before, and he says that he's been to tourney's that ban Pit, Wolf, and MK. After hearing this, me and my friend decide to step in and play a few matches, and the next thing you know, the dude decides to leave.
What.

10whats

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
Wow, that's a new one. I wonder if you might be the Noob in question.

And yeah, if someone who obviously has no idea what they are doing decides to rag on a character (and is completely wrong about said character), simply bet money on a match against them, and then prove them wrong with said character. You get Coinage, and that person learns they are wrong. If they keep going despite being proven wrong, they are just being stupid.

I think that's the biggest problem though. When people KNOW they are wrong, and keep going. People that are inexperienced or make mistakes is one thing. Novices can become Pros if they try hard enough. N00bzorz piss me off, though.

Edit: I had to come back and say how the Brawl + and - part made me laugh. I coughed up my eggs from laughing.

Lol... every time someone disagrees with you money match? hahahahahaha what an angry little nerd. Just prove it to them lot's of newbs think mk sucks because they try snake and at lower levels of play snake kills very easily.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
And if there was a level of play even below the noob, Metaknight would still be insanely easy to pick up and kill with.

nightSN

Smash Ace
honestly when i first played mk i did not like him at all. LOL
but after a year later i think i can say mk is very easy to pick up

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Snake's utilt has got crappy range.

Dedede's grab range sucks.

Wario is teh crap bcuz he's so slow on ground.

ROB has got the worst projectile game in Brawl.

However, Ike is fast, strong, has great range, he lives forever and his fsmash kills always.

And Pit can just mash B to win.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
:) No, the REAL problem with Mk is that he always gets gimped; his aerial game is just horrid, not to mention that he has no options to recover with.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
The best attack in the game is Luigi's Taunt. It instantly kills people, and it's range is as far as 3 Wiis.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Well, I know that this isn't sarcasm >.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86-0H96ZsMQ
:) Honestly, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but I certainly was... I think. I'm confused now.

When a n00b starts ranting on about the game, as if he knows ANYTHING about it, I just laugh and walk away. Or if I'm in an exceptionally nice mood, I'll try to explain why they're obviously wrong - then they say, "Jerk!"

Top Bottom