• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate people. Here's why!

joeplicate

Smash Master
I can live with that

but are you going to make a response to what i said, or just call me dumb?
*rolls dice*
*come onnn ad hominem*

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
cool, now I'm getting insulted

that figures.
Because you weren't being a prick at all! =D

What I was saying is that you make everything into like a life-or-death situation.
I was poking fun at you (guys--I don't know if it was you specifically) for saying stuff about "monstruous humanity" along with everything else

Also note my hyperbole--it wasn't a "reflection on the whole universe," although it was a reflection on all of humanity and culture.
Once again, I do it for the lulz, because as we all know

Me and Teran said neither of those things and btw, you should stop doing pot, I was the one making fun of the guy *****ing about humanity, don't take my spot.

I think your attitude is kind of childish--it's cute, but childish. I don't know how old you are, but I was pretty much exactly the same way (if not a lot, lot worse) in 9th grade or so, so don't take anything I'm saying personally.
This is my opinion of this thread in visual form

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
itt: teenaged pseudo-intellectuals
I ignored you at first, but I'll join in. This is what I got from your first post:

"stop trying to sound smart, because you're not smart. I know you're not smart."

Maybe we have thought-out ideas and want to share them? If you don't want people to have intelligent discussion, you don't want people to solve problems.

joeplicate

Smash Master
now we're resorting to a million internet coolguy fads

falcon, you're pretty good actually
I wasn't trying to get at you specifically
teran, kind of, but he has his moments too

I'm pretty sure you guys did say some of those things--I quoted them, I can go back and find the specific instances if you want

I can live with the whole prick argument already
doing pot? that's a pretty tired insult
come on now

Insetick, I learned this from neighborhood P
If you paraphrase someone's argument (incorrectly), and then refute that argument, it's called a strawman. That's a logical fallacy.

edit: calling me a prick goes with what I said earlier. I wasn't trying to be a prick, and hopefully I didn't come off as one, but there it is still.
not everyone's out to get you, dog

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I can live with that

*rolls dice*
*come onnn ad hominem*
Well you seem dumb, because you seem to have no idea what I said, and so commented on something you interpreted incorrectly. That makes you look like a fool.

Does it not?

Btw, if you wanna reply to this, PM it to me. I don't want Serris to have a heart attack or something.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
now we're resorting to a million internet coolguy fads

falcon, you're pretty good actually
I wasn't trying to get at you specifically
teran, kind of, but he has his moments too

I'm pretty sure you guys did say some of those things--I quoted them, I can go back and find the specific instances if you want

I can live with the whole prick argument already
doing pot? that's a pretty tired insult
come on now
Well I assumed you're not stupid enough to say **** like that if you're not high.

OR WUZ I WRONG? The instance you brought up nihilists, which only me and Teran stated we were, this became about you, me, Teran, and the fate of Narnia.

Do logic moar.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I can live with that

*rolls dice*
*come onnn ad hominem*
Hey joe, I have some questions:

What exactly is your point in this little argument? What are you trying to get across?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
cool, now I'm getting insulted

that figures.

What I was saying is that you make everything into like a life-or-death situation.
I was poking fun at you (guys--I don't know if it was you specifically) for saying stuff about "monstruous humanity" along with everything else

Also note my hyperbole--it wasn't a "reflection on the whole universe," although it was a reflection on all of humanity and culture.

I think your attitude is kind of childish--it's cute, but childish. I don't know how old you are, but I was pretty much exactly the same way (if not a lot, lot worse) in 9th grade or so, so don't take anything I'm saying personally.

edit: falcon, dude
I can see it in your writing
what you put on the internet, what you say, how you word your sentences, is a reflection on yourself.
Or at least the persona that you're presenting. It's english, yo.
So... you're basically chastising them for deep thinking? ... why? This sounds a lot like a conversation I had with my sister on Sunday on if her sense of morality would change if they, hypothetically, found the skeleton of Jesus and, without a shadow of a doubt, disproved Christianity. Granted, the conversation is somewhat over-the-top given what it started as but why are they "childish" for doing so?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
So... you're basically chastising them for deep thinking? ... why? This sounds a lot like a conversation I had with my sister on Sunday on if her sense of morality would change if they, hypothetically, found the skeleton of Jesus and, without a shadow of a doubt, disproved Christianity. Granted, the conversation is somewhat over-the-top given what it started as but why are they "childish" for doing so?
Because I apparently care what everyone thinks of and we all are doing stereotypical nihilism stuff.

Oh and because he's terrible at trolling.

EDIT-Yeah, I know no one's out to get me, you just come off as a prick and an arse, and not in the super ****ing awesome way that is otherwise known as good trollin'.

joeplicate

Smash Master
Nope, I'm not chastising them for deep thinking fatmanonrice, that's another straw man.

Do logic moar? Hmm, ok, that makes a lot of sense, especially since you didn't present any specific instance of me being illogical. Don't take something I say, gather hostile feelings from it (that may or may not exist) and then assume I'm being hostile. Or illogical, for that matter.
Or "coming off as a prick/arse" like you said.

If I'm not trolling, what could I be doing? Talking? Arguing (intelligently??!?)? Actually having a discussion? Hmm, what a thought.

I'm not trying to argue, moderator, I'm just sort of saying that a lot of people in this thread should stop taking everything so seriously, or being so dramatic about everything. It's because I was exactly the same way about five years ago, and I know from experience that it doesn't amount to anything.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Nope, I'm not chastising them for deep thinking fatmanonrice, that's another straw man.

Do logic moar? Hmm, ok, that makes a lot of sense, especially since you didn't present any specific instance of me being illogical. Don't take something I say, gather hostile feelings from it (that may or may not exist) and then assume I'm being hostile. Or illogical, for that matter.
Or "coming off as a prick/arse" like you said.

If I'm not trolling, what could I be doing? Talking? Arguing (intelligently??!?)? Actually having a discussion? Hmm, what a thought.

I'm not trying to argue, moderator, I'm just sort of saying that a lot of people in this thread should stop taking everything so seriously, or being so dramatic about everything. It's because I was exactly the same way about five years ago, and I know from experience that it doesn't amount to anything.
We weren't being dramatic/giving a ****, thus your point sucks, thus, do logic moar.

Nihilism isn't a ****ing stereotype or a face you put on for lulz btw, making lil snide remarks about it is one of the few things that actually makes me go "lol what did that *** hole say?" Actually reread the posts, it's so ****ing simple, kill the batman.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
"Nope, I'm not chastising them for deep thinking."
Certainly sounds like it.

"specific instance of me being illogical"
You came into a thread where everyone was seriously discussing and made fun of them. You didn't think before you spoke, so you weren't being logical. Seriously, you really do sound like a prick.

"what could I be doing? Talking? Arguing (intelligently??!?)? Actually having a discussion?"
Yes? It's what we're doing. If having a discussion is wrong, then there would be no point to having forums at all.

"a lot of people in this thread should stop taking everything so seriously, or being so dramatic about everything"
You really do sound like a prick.
1: You're trying to argue a point that we should stop being serious.
2: You don't have the right to tell us how we discuss.
3: Sounding serious / dramatic may just be the way we speak.

You weren't being hostile. Just very stupid.

rehab

Smash Journeyman

is not nihilism. If you were an honest nihilist, you probably wouldn't give so much of a crap as to say anything on a smashboards social section in the first place.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I ignored you at first, but I'll join in. This is what I got from your first post:

"stop trying to sound smart, because you're not smart. I know you're not smart."

Maybe we have thought-out ideas and want to share them? If you don't want people to have intelligent discussion, you don't want people to solve problems.
This and that's exactly why I mentioned my older sister earlier. Everytime I try to start a philosophical conversation with someone and she's around, she gets mad at me and insists that "I'm showing off", "I'm purposely trying to annoy her", "I'm trying to make her look stupid," etc and she graduated with honors and had straight A's until her senior year of college. If anything, it annoys me a lot more than I could possibly annoy her talking about a completely relevant topic.

Also, just to be the devil's advocate, intelligent discussion doesn't nessecarily solve problems. It may give people more insight which may inturn lead them to solve problems but, directly, simply talking about things doesn't solve problems.

joeplicate

Smash Master
That "logic" again?

Sane people show no trust or compassion to others.
Perhaps.
But to risk your very existence for it is a steep price to pay. I dunno, sometimes even a faithless prick like me can see some good, because it is there...

Just in minute amounts, like diamonds and gold.
Solution = destroy borders and make the entire world the United States of Earth or something.

That way, one country, and closer to having one race of people.
Nah, not gonna happen, humans like difference and war. Let's bomb some more Arabs instead.
Firus just learned the REAL 1st Commandment!

Thou shalt serve only thyself.
this all seems pretty dramatic/gradiloquent to me.

I didn't call nihilism a stereotype, I used your adherence to it as an example of your stereotypical behavior.

I'll probably quit pretty soon--I can't argue with your cool jokes like "kill the batman" or "moar" or "lulz" (because they're meaningless).

The moral of the story is, life sucks sometimes, but don't get down on yourself/start hating ALL HUMANITY/considering yourself morally/existentially superior to other people just cause some bad **** happened to you.
(Tying it back in to Serris's unfortunate situation.)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Oh Mr Moderator, your *** is so soft and kissable.

And the funny part is, you really don't know me. I'm literally ****ing around on this site 24/7. The ONE RARE TIME I perhaps decide to drop being a complete **** and offer a bit more insight rather than just ripping the piss, I get called eternally serious and dramatic.

This, SWF, is a prime example of why Teran is eternally an ***hole that likes to take ****s on you at every given opportunity, because you don't actually like him to be any other way.

Also serious?
Serious Cat.

Oh and I'm not a nihilist. I don't think I fit in a neat category. Most people don't fit in neat little categories.

joeplicate

Smash Master
"Nope, I'm not chastising them for deep thinking."
Certainly sounds like it.

"specific instance of me being illogical"
You came into a thread where everyone was seriously discussing and made fun of them. You didn't think before you spoke, so you weren't being logical. Seriously, you really do sound like a prick.
again, you're wrong on both counts. How is it physically possible to "not think" before you speak? Disregarding that golden logic, I'd say there's considerable evidence showing that I did, in fact, "think" before I started talking.

If you can show me where I supposedly chastised them for deep thinking, I'm more than happy to present an argument as to why I was not.

"a lot of people in this thread should stop taking everything so seriously, or being so dramatic about everything"
You really do sound like a prick.
Cool bro!

edit: falcon, my definition of nihilism isn't important when you yourself said that you were one!
oh I guess that wasn't aimed at me either
like that picture though, rehab

edit2:
ok teran, that sounds different from when you and falcon both identified yourselves as "nihilists" earlier in the thread
People don't fit into little holes?
IS IT FAIR TO SAY YOU JUST BLEW MY MIND. $____$

rehab

Smash Journeyman
Nihilists don't give a ****. At all. About anything. Themselves included. You give quite a lot of **** about yourself.

uh

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Why don't we all just get along? :)
Because rehab doesn't know what the **** he's talking about. And because there are more than one of us.

Rehab, nihilism is a skepticism of morals/values, that things are pointless and meaningless. No where did I see the words "don't give a ****".

Also, the way you say **** looks terribly stupid.

joeplicate

Smash Master
read:
"Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism which argues that life[2] is without meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value."

sounds about right to me

teran:
I don't know you, but I think it's fair to say that I understand the persona that you're presenting right now (all this thread). If that doesn't accurately represent your character, then it's no fault of mine.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
again, you're wrong on both counts. How is it physically possible to "not think" before you speak? Disregarding that golden logic, I'd say there's considerable evidence showing that I did, in fact, "think" before I started talking.

If you can show me where I supposedly chastised them for deep thinking, I'm more than happy to present an argument as to why I was not.
This is what you probably thought after you read a few posts: "Ugh, these people are trying to sound smart. Rather than contribute to the topic, I'll be funny!"
You didn't think and consider the consequences of your action. Now you have a lot of people yelling at you for being stupid.

You said that we should stop being so serious. Sharing thought-out ideas naturally sounds serious. You basically told us to stop our sharing thought-out ideas.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
@ joe:

It seems like you're chastising them because, by the way you talk, you're making it seem like the only reason that people like me, Teran, and Falcon are talking about this topic is to try to make ourselves seem better than everyone else (ie; ego tripping) and circle jerk each other for being philosophical.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
teran:
I don't know you, but I think it's fair to say that I understand the persona that you're presenting right now (all this thread). If that doesn't accurately represent your character, then it's no fault of mine.
The persona he's presenting is a silly mother****ing troll, not some overly dramatic prick. And EVERYONE but you and some silly nubs no one cares about gets this.

Or maybe I'm wrong and we're all secretly super butthurt 24/7. Probably why he's so gay and clamoring for my ***.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
read:
"Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism which argues that life[2] is without meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value."

sounds about right to me

teran:
Yeah, well I just said humans aren't infinitely noble, I never said life was meaningless.

Therefore, I can't see why you'd label me as something I never said I was.
No seriously, making assumptions is your fault.

kek

Btw, this is pissing me off, I don't like being serious for this long.

Also FMOI... YES YES YES

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'd like to note I'm like the only one here who views life as meaningless lol, please get off balls. Rehab, you don't know anything about nihilism, me, or how to troll. *FIRST STEP IS NOT TO BE OBVIOUS.

You guys telling us not to be serious inherently makes it a srs bsns convo, what are you, high.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
Nietzsche characterized nihilism as emptying the world and especially human existence of meaning, purpose, comprehensible truth, or essential value. He hints that nihilism can become a false belief, when it leads individuals to discard any hope of meaning in the world and thus to invent some compensatory alternate measure of significance.
So would that be the guy you claim to be then?

aside: swear filters make everybody look terribly ********, but alright then

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Poor Serris. He made a blog that turned into the Flaming Proving Grounds.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
So would that be the guy you claim to be then?

aside: swear filters make everybody look terribly ********, but alright then
Um no, ok, last time. I find things meaningless/pointless. Emotions are worthless and only **** things up. I of course use this as rather good excuse to do things just for the lulz, and to barely give a **** about what people have to say. Nihilism does not by default mean you don't care, and I'm done talking to you because you had/maybe still have no idea what the **** you're talking about.

Just because I'm borderline amoral doesn't mean I cant do things for giggles, and just because I get forced asterisks doesn't mean I really give a ****.

Internet-Serious ****ing business.

Edit@ Mr.Zero's-I meant in this convo, duh.

Top Bottom