• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate Toon Link

Mith_

Smash Champion
I can't stand this little kid with all of his annoying projectiles and his paper like texture and he's so fast and never effin dies.

So I decided to try and use him.

I still hate him, but he's friggin awesome.

Anyways, I want to know how many pro players use Toon Link. I run around spamming all 3 of his projectiles and try to avoid the opponent as much as possible. If I do happen to run into my opponent I will just use Bair or DTilt to space and keep spamming until I can get in a FSmash but I feel like I'm doing it all wrong and can improve my play.

Could anybody tell me how they play so I could try and incorporate that into my play and hopefully get better :D.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I can't stand this little kid with all of his annoying projectiles and his paper like texture and he's so fast and never effin dies.

Anyways, I want to know how many pro players use Toon Link. I run around spamming all 3 of his projectiles and try to avoid the opponent as much as possible. If I do happen to run into my opponent I will just use Bair or DTilt to space and keep spamming until I can get in a FSmash but I feel like I'm doing it all wrong and can improve my play.

Could anybody tell me how they play so I could try and incorporate that into my play and hopefully get better :D.
Did I meet you at Waba?

Be honest now, did I?

Err...basically 0 pros use him. Use more autocanceled Zairs.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Nah, I go to tourneys at Tournament Center of Augusta. EVERYBODY there used Toon Link and Snake except for me and my friend. (I mained G&W at the time and my friend still mains Lucario).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Cool people fight in melee. I use my projectiles mostly to set up for SWORD ONSLAUGHTS.

And zair.

Protip: Dair offstage as much as possible :D

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Nah, I go to tourneys at Tournament Center of Augusta. EVERYBODY there used Toon Link and Snake except for me and my friend. (I mained G&W at the time and my friend still mains Lucario).
Tell them MK and Snake is better. Also, all teh GA pros go to Waba. ?_?

F3ma Ch33f

Smash Apprentice
Basically, a Pro is someone who has mastered everything there is to be known with a character. It was in a thread somewhere it had all things from Casual player to Semi-Pro to Pro. I'll try to find it.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Bair alot, dont dair unless you know its going to hit.
Uh, yes, spamming all 3 projectiles effectively is good.
<3 Bombs.

Johnny_C

Smash Cadet
Basically, you do what EVERY Toon Link, or Link player does, so yeah, you already main him ;P

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
toon link is a pretty good character for offense and speed so I'm sure you'll enjoy using him.

io728

Smash Cadet
A small town no one has ever heard of, MN
In my area I'm the only one who uses TL. Every one else uses Link because, "He has more raw power." Give me a break. He may have more power, but I can totally pwn any of them w/ him.:chuckle: In other words, I see very little other TL strats, other than get the enemy to high damage and then dair them into the boundary. Ive seen that a lot.

TheSurginist

Smash Cadet
Dude, don't waste your time spamming TL's bombs and trying to avoid your opponent. Besides, the only way to get to like Toon Link is to play as him until you begin to show respect for him, no offense. And, if that doesn't work, well, fight against him.

Bomber7

Smash Hero

First of all its funny that you complain that he is annoying when your mains are Rob and Falco, two players that automaticly outrange Toon Link and have such an adavantage over him keeping him away from yourself. Also Dont spam all 3 projectiles. You need a balance of swordplay and projectiles. Even though I bomb I still find time in matches to get my combos in. Since you have 3 projectiles to work with my best advice is use your mind, be creative and see what you can come up with, otherwise the other guys on this board can give you all the technicallities of Toon Link, but dont hate him man. there's plenty more annoying players out there.

TheSurginist

Smash Cadet
First of all its funny that you complain that he is annoying when your mains are Rob and Falco, two players that automaticly outrange Toon Link and have such an adavantage over him keeping him away from yourself. Also Dont spam all 3 projectiles. You need a balance of swordplay and projectiles. Even though I bomb I still find time in matches to get my combos in. Since you have 3 projectiles to work with my best advice is use your mind, be creative and see what you can come up with, otherwise the other guys on this board can give you all the technicallities of Toon Link, but dont hate him man. there's plenty more annoying players out there.
Ya know, he's right; Falco and R.O.B can easily outrange TL like that. And, once again, don't spam. As Bomber said, you need a balance between swordsmanship and projectiles.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate

:metaknight: Metaknight him. Do it.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I actually mained Game and Watch before I started playing Falco. I couldn't stand people with projectiles, so I switched to Falco to even the score. I don't play with R.O.B that often but I like to say he is one of my better characters, but I have much room for improvement with him.

Battlewoundz

Smash Cadet
I love your mom...

No pros really use TL seriously, which I don't get..
Who do you consider Pro. New Game, New People, New possibility to go Pro.

I bet next year If MLG holds tourneys, you will see many people there using Toon Link, then they will be considered PRO, and using TL.

And Santi, hes probably my favorite TL to watch.

Top Bottom