• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a challenge for the Elite here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
For I have completed it(took me more than five hours, but I finished it), and the one who created it.
(a) Why would we want to spend 5 hours doing a ridiculous "challenge" i.e borefest when we could be doing something better, such as doing realistic challenges set by people who don't flame people if they don't like their idea? Because I tell you now, flaming people is the absolute WORST way to convince people to do your challenge. Try making it 1. Fun and 2. Not long.

(b) Vids or it didn't happen.

Uh...
From what I remember of the game, there is no such character as "M2k", "Chu", or "PC"...
I hope thats sarcasm right there, because if it isn't by GOD you need to learn a bit more about smash and the pros that play it.

Mistle

Smash Apprentice

Luma

Smash Lord
lets see:

tournaments -> could win thousand of ****ing dollars/euros/whatever

crap **** like this -> nothing, its not even fun

u dont like tournament rules? so what, seems like u are the only one

psicicle

Smash Ace
Now, there are three ways you could be doing this...

1 - Your stating that you've beaten it, and actually done so.

2 - Your stating that you've beaten it, but never really tried it, so your trying to get quick recognition for beating this "gauntlet"-esque challenge.

3 - Your stating that you've beaten it, but didn't try it, but figured out the strategy to do it without actually putting much of an effort into it.
Same to you.

What about this challenge: You go wherever I am and we play for money.

Here is a "challenge" you could try: any character vs 3 lvl 9 teamed ganons, handicaps are 9 for each CPU, your handicap is 1.

The CPU all have 4 stocks and you get one.

You can't use any attack, that means no A button, B button, c-stick, you can't use the shoulder button or the Z button either.

I've done this.

Have "fun".

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
1. Pokemon stadium is a legal neutral stage in competitive play.

2. Items randomly spawning in explodable capsules and boxes makes them luck based, regardless of which items are turned on.

3. Beating computers is an invalid way of determining skill, because they have no mindgames. You could sit in front of your gamecube racking up kills on level 9 computers with your spammed Fsmash all day long, and you still won't be able to beat the average SWF user.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You don't know how to play this game competitively, ***.

I don't see why everyone needs to jump on this persons *** about this post.

-.-
Dear Silas06 and Princeshadow13

Stop being dumb

Love KevinM

(This Idea was stolen from Gimpyfish thanks to other dumb people)

vZakat

Half Genie
Also, real people can actually hinder the learning process, seeing how they have the likely hood of doing the same boring stuff over and over again.
Real people are far more unpredictable than cpu's. If the humans you play are predictable (if you even play humans), it's because they aren't very good.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
1. Spend hours playing against lv. 9s
2. Get worse
3. ????
4. Prof....wait who the **** am I kidding there's no profit.

Dude, the bowser challenege is an actual challege, three HUMAN bowsers against one player, with team attack off. That's challenging, shorter, and doesn't degrade your skills.

D

Deleted member

But the Bowser Challenge does make pros look like noobs :p...

This is such a stupid "challenge"... I'd rather play against M2K for 5 hours... at least I'd get better and learn what works and what doesn't against one of the best players in the world... CPUs are easily predictable and only require a handful of Fsmashes to kill... a missed Fsmash on M2K=70 dmg to death lol...

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yea...so, this is pretty pointless.

Why not make it 3 Samus's with Team Attack turned off? or 3 projectile spammers with Team Attack off? The challenge has obviously been crafted so that it is beatable and also not very difficult, you simply need patience. Why do I say this? The problem with computer players is simply that you need to find a pattern or technique that works, then abuse it. So, in an effort to point out how pointless your challenge is, I did everything you said, with items On and with items off. I simply ran off the stage at the beginning with JigglyPuff, used the rising pound, got all the characters to the edge, then I came in, pounded them once, touched down on the side of the stage to reset my jumps, then proceeded to run away again off the stage. I repeated this over and over until I had taken away 5 of their stocks (per character, actually bowser lost 7 stocks cause he suicided a few extra times). You know whats funny? I took 7% damage the whole time, all from Bowsers flame.

The challege was no different with items on, so the item comments was pointless, all it did was let me have some fun cause I got bored so quickly abusing the same tactic over and over, so I landed, picked up a fan and started wailing on them, of course they ended up doing damage to me this way simply because I broke my strategy that would have lead to an easy win but simply required patience and repeating the same trick over and over, and since it worked for 5 stock I'm sure it would work for the other 94.

I like how you mention wavedashing, when it has no bearing on pretty much anything, its simply a common noob fallacy that you think wavedashing makes or breaks the game, when in reality it is simply an add on, chances are any regular tournament goer who is worth his salt can beat you without wavedashing, but the question is why should he? I'll leave this open for a few more hours then close it up.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
Yea...so, this is pretty pointless.

Why not make it 3 Samus's with Team Attack turned off? or 3 projectile spammers with Team Attack off? The challenge has obviously been crafted so that it is beatable and also not very difficult, you simply need patience. Why do I say this? The problem with computer players is simply that you need to find a pattern or technique that works, then abuse it. So, in an effort to point out how pointless your challenge is, I did everything you said, with items On and with items off. I simply ran off the stage at the beginning with JigglyPuff, used the rising pound, got all the characters to the edge, then I came in, pounded them once, touched down on the side of the stage to reset my jumps, then proceeded to run away again off the stage. I repeated this over and over until I had taken away 5 of their stocks (per character, actually bowser lost 7 stocks cause he suicided a few extra times). You know whats funny? I took 7% damage the whole time, all from Bowsers flame.

The challege was no different with items on, so the item comments was pointless, all it did was let me have some fun cause I got bored so quickly abusing the same tactic over and over, so I landed, picked up a fan and started wailing on them, of course they ended up doing damage to me this way simply because I broke my strategy that would have lead to an easy win but simply required patience and repeating the same trick over and over, and since it worked for 5 stock I'm sure it would work for the other 94.

I like how you mention wavedashing, when it has no bearing on pretty much anything, its simply a common noob fallacy that you think wavedashing makes or breaks the game, when in reality it is simply an add on, chances are any regular tournament goer who is worth his salt can beat you without wavedashing, but the question is why should he? I'll leave this open for a few more hours then close it up.

So very QFT

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
A 99 stock battle! Talk about fun! Not to mention the only true test of skill!

Bowser, Mewtwo, and DK!? But they're like the 3 best characters in the game! Especially with incredibly good computer AI on their side!

No wavedashing!? But Jigglypuff's game relies so very heavily on wavedashing! She's already like the worst character in the game, way worse than Bowser, Mewtwo, and DK!

Pokemon Stadium!? But everyone knows the only stage used in tournaments is Final Destination! It's the only possibility for a fair fight!

I know what I'll be doing until Brawl comes out!

Whew. Look at all those exclamation marks. That was emotionally exhausting.
LMFAO BEST post ever. win to the power of epic.

Uh...
From what I remember of the game, there is no such character as "M2k", "Chu", or "PC"...

Unless they're obscure abbreviations.

Anyways, I haven't played this game since it came out, way back when.
Seeing how after besting that challenge there wasn't much left for me to do on my own, or with the people in my circle.
HOLY ****! I didnt know super noobs still existed in the community.

Congratz princeshadow you are a level below a noob. go back to soul caliber plz where u at least know what your talking about.

nightcape1

Smash Apprentice
HOLY ****! I didnt know super noobs still existed in the community.

Congratz princeshadow you are a level below a noob. go back to soul caliber plz where u at least know what your talking about.
Ouch, soul caliber. Anyway, princeshadow, he's right. You need to read up on your stuff before you post crap like that. I understand how you thought this was fun and all, and I really think everyone is overreacting at how much of an a$$ you are, and how incredibly noob-ly as well. But i guess that's what happens when you play the game looking out your butt and thinking that reading comps and abusing AI is cool to do for 5+ hours. Still, congratulations on being one of the only people left on the boards to think that Jiggs sucks and that the giant characters on LEVEL 9 (ZOMG!) are hard to beat.

Better luck next time.

princeshadow13

Smash Rookie
For the record, Soul Calibur is by far the superior game.
Why?
Because it's an actual fighting game, and not just some random punching game.

Yeah, that's right, compared to Soul Calibur 2, this game sucks ***.
Congratulation you morons, you all excel at a game that is laughed upon by people who can actually play fighting games successfully.

Anyways, that that test was to see if anyone would even bother playing the game just so that you'd could claim that you were better.
Which has failed epically, due to the fact that your heads are rammed surprisingly far up your collective arses.
Excuse me while I go off and try to learn a respectable fighting game, such as Street fighter, or King of fighters.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
You know, if you have to time to do pointless **** like do 5-hour long melees, maybe you should get into MMORPGs. I mean killing people over and over and over again for no reason is what they're for.

edit: Soul Calibur 2 sucks, if you're going to talk about the only good SC game, talk about the first one. The second and third ones are made of ******** weapons and highly imbalanced characters.

BTW 10 bux says you suck at Street Fighter and just stand in the corner with Ryu and spam Haduken

and uh... so are Soul Calibur players lower on the scale than SSB players? I mean Soul Calibur isn't -that- bad.

Smash Master
I'm sure most of us could beat you at Soul Caliber as well. I play a decent Yoshimitsu myself.

Umpy

Smash Apprentice

yu-gi-oh-ized for more win.

and SSBM has the most complex fighting system to date.

Soul Caliber<SSBM

any day of the week

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
This thread deserves to die, as PrinceShadow is clearly one of the very hilarious people who think that... Ken is a wimp? Maybe not so, but he's still a noob. Congratulations princeshadow, you beat 3 computer players. Come to my place and see if you can beat ME.

^this goes for everybody else who thinks this thread should die.

And for the record, SSB games > Soul Caliber oh so much.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So your Idea of skill is to exploit the computer players bad AI for an Hour? Also I'm kinda pissed on how you said that we have to play as Jigglypuff. Are you just saying this because you think Jigglypuff is a sucky character. Jigglypuff is on the higher part of the tier list. Also Jigglypuff rarely ever uses wavedashing expecially against Computer Players. Just WOP the whole match and you win. And also we like having challenges but not challenges that involve computer players. I've played SSBM like that for 5 years and got board of it. The challenges I want now are people that are better or equal to my skill. I mean with AR I did a 5v1 when I was the one. It was Falco, Mario, Bowser, Luigi, and Fox vs Jigglypuff. It was on Fourside, all I did was stayed in the gap and all the comps killed themselves. Do you find that skill? No, its just exploiting the opponents bad AI. And I would do the same thing in your challenge. But how does this help me? It dosn't. I can't exploit a real players skill because hes not stupid like a comp. Also we don't care that you think our way of playing is boring, but seriously, it gets repetitive playing the same person for over an hour non stop. But when you do short matches against people they can switch their characters and it never gets boring. After a while you switch to another opponent and see how good he is. I'VE KNOWN THE COMPUTER FOR 7 YEARS. I'VE GOTTEN BOARD OF IT. HAVENT YOU? The only reason you don't find the way we play fun is because your not good and your not seeking for better players because the computer players and your just as bad friends are still a challange to you.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The only challenging challenge against a LV9 CPU is being able to out-powershield one.

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
Congratulation you morons, you all excel at a game that is laughed upon by people who can actually play fighting games successfully.
I'm sorry, but judging from your ignorant posts, you have no idea how the competitive scene of SSBM works, and thus have no right to compare it to other fighting games.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
A 99 stock battle! Talk about fun! Not to mention the only true test of skill!

Bowser, Mewtwo, and DK!? But they're like the 3 best characters in the game! Especially with incredibly good computer AI on their side!

No wavedashing!? But Jigglypuff's game relies so very heavily on wavedashing! She's already like the worst character in the game, way worse than Bowser, Mewtwo, and DK!

Pokemon Stadium!? But everyone knows the only stage used in tournaments is Final Destination! It's the only possibility for a fair fight!

I know what I'll be doing until Brawl comes out!

Whew. Look at all those exclamation marks. That was emotionally exhausting.
This post wins.

I'm sorry, but "Items that bring luck into the game"?
It's Lip's stick(which only saving quality is that it has a slight damage causing flower that sprouts on your opponent's head), the fan(which usually bats your oppenent towards you, even with a smash), and Mr. Saturn(Freakin' Mr. "I'm the most useless item in the game" Saturn). How does that bring luck? HOW?

Then there's the whole "Levels that grant quick deaths"
This isn't one of those stages, it just changes the base terrain, it doesn't instantly open up holes, it's not like that magic carpet stage.

And finally, "Perfect reflexes but no good strategies".
I still don't see how that's different from most of the players that I've seen on this board.
Items, regardless of how useful they are, will bring luck into the game. The boxes and capsules they come in randomly explode. How is that not luck? Also, they appear at random places and times. Putting a random item on the stage adds luck, even if it's not in an exploding box. Plus the items you listed are good. Fan and Mr. Saturn are both good for breaking shields. Lip's Stick, while not the most useful item, can still give a projectile to a character that doesn't normally have one.

I'm sure most of us could beat you at Soul Caliber as well. I play a decent Yoshimitsu myself.
I'd probably beat him in Soul Calibur as well. Only I play Voldo and Talim myself...

its a random slashing game

seriously, ut that way, EVERY fighting game is a random *something* game :chuckle:
Every fighting game in the hands of a noob is a random attacking game.

The only challenging challenge against a LV9 CPU is being able to out-powershield one.
Getting there... ;)

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
For the record, Soul Calibur is by far the superior game.
Why?
Because it's an actual fighting game, and not just some random punching game.

Yeah, that's right, compared to Soul Calibur 2, this game sucks ***.

Anyways, that that test was to see if anyone would even bother playing the game just so that you'd could claim that you were better.
Which has failed epically, due to the fact that your heads are rammed surprisingly far up your collective arses.
Excuse me while I go off and try to learn a respectable fighting game, such as Street fighter, or King of fighters.
You're a complete idiot.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The funny thing is, when you mention success, your forgetting that Smash happened to have the most money invested in it for any fighter last year, the next closest would be DOA. The same will be true again this year.

Not to mention players like Justin Wong have total respect for Smash and have attempted to play it. The best players in each community respect the skill it takes to be successful at each others game.

In other words, you fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom