• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a few questions about ganon

Duper

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone i just registered here and wanted to say hey to all of you ganon players out there. Anyways what i wanted to ask you all is what moves are best used when playing ganon? Like what should i do to improve my gameplay? I normally spam the dark choke or whatever its called and i thunderstorm a lot. Well hopefully some of you pros out there can help me with my ganon and btw i have only been playing ganon or about a week or so. Ok thanks guys, hope to talk to you all soon :)

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Take a gander at some of the guides on this forum, they're helpful for beginners. If you have any specific questions, go ahead and ask in the Q&A thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211352

And don't get offended if you get flamed for making this thread--it's kind of our thing. Just post in the Q&A thread next time XD

Duper

Smash Rookie
Ok thanks so much, im sorry i posted here i just didnt know i was supposed to post in Q&A section. Btw DLA i am a big fan of yours, your partly the reason why i chose to main ganon because your like so awesome. Also arent you like the best ganon in the world? LOL if not then your just really awesome, thx again for the help

Duper

Smash Rookie
omg im also a fan of yours zigma lol, btw thx for the help. I know i sound like a noob right now but is dtilt the one where he jumps then stomps down? he thunderstorm move of something like that? Like the way i do it is jump then press the c stick down, thats dtilt right? Ok thx again for the help, and im glad i have got to talk to my 2 favorite ganons and i just got here xD

LinkSceptile333

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad you joined here, Duper. You'll find a lot of information here regarding Ganondorf, just follow the links provided.

By the way, this is Criss.

Breezy

Smash Ace
If you plan on using Ganon competetively, don't. He's terribad.

MK ftw.

The name of this game should just be: Super Smash Only Child

@HomE

Smash Ace
Learn to Auto-cancel U-air(up air) and move around while doing so. Learn all the Gerudo (side-b) follow-ups guaranteed and non guaranteed... Learn the spacing for F-air (forward Air). Pivot grabbing is very helpful if you use grab at all...

other then that just play Ganon alot.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I'm glad you joined here, Duper. You'll find a lot of information here regarding Ganondorf, just follow the links provided.

By the way, this is Criss.
Say whuh? He's not dead?!

Anyway, welcome to the darkest part of Smash Boards, Duper. Enjoy yourself, and get involved.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Say whuh? He's not dead?!

Anyway, welcome to the darkest part of Smash Boards, Duper. Enjoy yourself, and get involved.
Yr sig is pure ****, Sove.
The only thing missing is more Ganon-reference. Not 'too' much, though.

TP

Smash Master
You can NEVER use too much Up Air. No matter how much you think you are using it, use it more. It is by far Ganon's best attack. If anyone disagrees with me then I will punch them right in the stomach.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Yr sig is pure ****, Sove.
The only thing missing is more Ganon-reference. Not 'too' much, though.
What if I put Ganon's head on Nidoking's body? Ganonking or Nidodorf? or Nidoganon or Dorfking? Iunno, but I'll see what I can do about the Ganon reference.

Btw, I main the Purple Ganon, that replaces my Normal Ganon.

Back2Duper: Look around, and read the guides, and ask any questions you have. No question is dumb, except the unasked ones, and the ones about ICs. That is all. :034:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Bait people like hell and mindgame and predict the **** out of them. That's how you win with Ganon.

And find a way to not get ***** by spotdodge...Ganon sucks when the opponent spotdodges his moves.

Flame Choke -> D-air techchase is amazingly epic. Baiting people into F-smashes by making them whiff on the leanback is good. Juggle the **** out of people and gimp them hard whenever you can.

@HomE

Smash Ace
You can NEVER use too much Up Air. No matter how much you think you are using it, use it more. It is by far Ganon's best attack. If anyone disagrees with me then I will punch them right in the stomach.
MOAR UAIR

I'd say Ganon's Uair would be a contender for best Uair in the game.. at least top 3..

/moarUair

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Bait people like hell and mindgame and predict the **** out of them. That's how you win with Ganon.

And find a way to not get ***** by spotdodge...Ganon sucks when the opponent spotdodges his moves.
Wait a beat and DAir, or space BAir, or Fsmash.

Or just every so often, do nothing, and then usually ftilt can get a spot dodger on reaction after the fact.
Against spacies, Links, etc., the spot dodge usually takes their momentum away. Just try to read Falco's next action and don't let him AAA all day.

If you're worrying about Ness' spot dodge, you've already lost. :\

Flame Choke -> D-air techchase is amazingly epic.
Yup.

And there isn't a character you can't Choke out of their wake-up attack, if you're technically perfect. Except Ganon. Lol.
Also power shield wake up attacks (from Air Choke). Really easy, you just need experience with the character.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Actually, a few characters can get away from a wake up choke, especially after this "teching our flame choke" we've just recently figured.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wait a beat and DAir, or space BAir, or Fsmash.

Or just every so often, do nothing, and then usually ftilt can get a spot dodger on reaction after the fact.
Against spacies, Links, etc., the spot dodge usually takes their momentum away. Just try to read Falco's next action and don't let him AAA all day.

If you're worrying about Ness' spot dodge, you've already lost. :\.
If they spotdodge your moves on reaction, you lose.

That is why Ganon is the worst character in this game. He can do nothing to spotdodge on reaction. Plus he has the worst out of spotdodge options in the game.

achievement

Smash Rookie
i dont get why gannon is so low in the tier. while he is not the best charicter (dedede is IMO) he is worth playing as. i think its because he has such a high learning curve that many are turned off by him. he DOES suck in SSE though...

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i dont get why gannon is so low in the tier. while he is not the best charicter (dedede is IMO) he is worth playing as. i think its because he has such a high learning curve that many are turned off by him. he DOES suck in SSE though...
D3 gets ***** by Mk and Falco and Ics so bad.

:034:

Smash Hero
Just remember one thing..

Nidoking is infinite strength! Use it and you'll win your matches more consistently.

Go forth and :034:!

:034:

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I can consistently do that "one thing" with "that character" now.

lol ganon

Noobicidal

Smash Master
lolll nuuu I dun believe you noob.
Thanks for having a little decency though at least
In all seriousness, I fail once every ten attempts or so.

"That character" isn't the problem, however. I can also recreate it with "those other characters".

Top Bottom