• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a habit of suiciding

Mind Man

Smash Rookie
I have a tendency to suicide when I'm trying to dair. Do you have any tips for this?

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
If you're dairing off stage (unless you're above the stage already), you need to make sure your momentum is already in an upward direction when you do the dair. For example, you can drop off the ledge, jump and dair, but if you drop off and dair, even with the jump you still have you won't be able to get back.

Mith_

Smash Champion
We all had that habit. My suicide count went from Game & Watch about 100 SDs to about 300 SDs with Falco in a week.

Hit X + Down + A at the same time to not suicide.

Edit: Lol. I checked my records today and Falco is now up to 400 SDs. Ganondorf has passed Falco with a whooping 600 SDs!!!!! Game and Watch got 1000 KOs today :D

BrawLBlazer

Smash Journeyman
Simply chain grab until the edge and then dair. I don't know much about Falco, though, so sorry. =/

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
You're on the Falco forums, lol. Of course we're talking about Falco.

I'm ashamed to be an '08 joiner right now.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Well, hopefully our posting track records will speak for themselves. I know you've made a ton of intelligent posts here on the Falco boards and I don't see how anyone could hold your join date against you.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
You're on the Falco forums, lol. Of course we're talking about Falco.

I'm ashamed to be an '08 joiner right now.
Yeah I agree. I should have joined back in 2002 when I started playing Melee competitively...

6 years of lurking FTL...

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Same here, I was never that serious about Melee, I'd just look up things like matchups or find vids of pros, but I decided to join last month and start contributing. Fortunately, no one has brought up join dates yet, but I know it happens.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Lol.
I never played Melee until 6 months after Brawl's release.
I decided to start playing Brawl competitively when I realized that they actually had tourneys for this game lol. And whenever I want to get really good at something I head straight to the internet. I googled SSBB forums and this was the first one to show up so I joined.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I have a question about that: When you're falling do you have to tap A, or can you stick it?
Cstick and A both work
be warned though Dair still lasts a long time and shouldn't be used too low
also don't Cstick any aerial other than Dair while holding down, that will cause FF for some strange reason.

Ace201x

Smash Rookie
Also make sure you don't fast fall (if some some silly reason you are) while spiking

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I'm just confused how you have an over 500 post count, and you've only been a member for less than a month.... que anyone?
LOL

SF
He's loyal to the boards, and he posts a lot of helpful posts. He just comes to the boards and gives people helpful posts, and when you do that for awhile, your post count raises pretty steadily. It's not that hard though. Just gotta be committed.

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
aaahahahaa. My melee days and '07 joining are finally paying off
I recommend instead of doing a dair if the opponent is below the stage, do a bair towards the stage an u can usually stage spike. but if they're above then you should be fine with a dair

Mith_

Smash Champion
aaahahahaa. My melee days and '07 joining are finally paying off
I recommend instead of doing a dair if the opponent is below the stage, do a bair towards the stage an u can usually stage spike. but if they're above then you should be fine with a dair
After a Dthrow on the end of the level the opponent usually won't go under the level to get stage spiked. If you jump and Dair you can spike them before they regain control of their character, so its a guaranteed kill.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Anyway, on topic.

Just practice man. Practice makes better. Perfect practice makes perfect. But as long as you do some practicing, you'll find that you suicide less. I remember the first time I ever picked up Meta Knight, I had some difficulties with his recoveries. My main problem was knowing which method of recovery I should use in a certain situation. It led to a lot of deaths that could have easily been avoided. Eventually I got used to him and he's now a tournament viable main, along with Wolf and Fox.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
After a Dthrow on the end of the level the opponent usually won't go under the level to get stage spiked. If you jump and Dair you can spike them before they regain control of their character, so its a guaranteed kill.
a guaranteed spike =/= a guaranteed kill. especially at low percents and if the character has good recovery. some characters you need to double spike to kill (ROB and Snake come to mind) and some youre better off just spiking and then getting back on the stage (MK).

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
He's loyal to the boards, and he posts a lot of helpful posts. He just comes to the boards and gives people helpful posts, and when you do that for awhile, your post count raises pretty steadily. It's not that hard though. Just gotta be committed.
Hey, thanks, man. I'm glad people notice I'm trying to be helpful. Same to you, by the way. You definitely give some quality advice here on the Falco boards (I'm not sure where else you go...)

Mith_

Smash Champion
you're a n00b at life. this is the falco boards.
Thank you, that was very necessary.

I think the OP's question has been answered several times, lets let this thread die please.

Unless you wanna talk about Pizzacake, that's cool too.

§witch

Smash Lord
Thank you, that was very necessary.

I think the OP's question has been answered several times, lets let this thread die please.

Unless you wanna talk about Pizzacake, that's cool too.
If anyone talks of pizzacake I may have to explode.

wangston

Smash Lord
Use a rising dair, as in jump and dair. Or if you have real skill barley move the joy stick down at all and hit a, you will do a dair without fast falling though it's hard to do in the heat of battle so just stick with a rising dair.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
You're wrong though, the only way to survive a dair after running off the stage is if you tilt stick.
Yeseroo, very true.

I only dair after running off the stage if I'm playing around in friendlies or have an extra life over a Metaknight trying to plank me. Although a MK planking while they are losing makes no sense, it has been done to me before.

J4pu

Smash Champion
You're wrong though, the only way to survive a dair after running off the stage is if you tilt stick.
Perhaps you should try reading my post, it says holding down while rising, if you run off the stage there is no point where you are rising to hold down, thus my advice does not apply. That doesn't make it wrong.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Yeah I agree. I should have joined back in 2002 when I started playing Melee competitively...

6 years of lurking FTL...
Yeah me too... I've been lurking the net for like 3 years looking for a decent SSB site and had no anwers till like at the begining of January -______________-

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Same here, I was never that serious about Melee, I'd just look up things like matchups or find vids of pros, but I decided to join last month and start contributing. Fortunately, no one has brought up join dates yet, but I know it happens.
700 posts in a month is pretty ****ing impressive.

Top Bottom