• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a Peach videos for you guys =)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Update:

New detailed video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QHXeZhYTSg

--

Hey guys I'm SFA Smiley. I'm more known as a GW main but I actually am also a Peach main and I have been excited to try out Peach.

I've been mostly playing GW but I got a set in with Peach today and thought you guys would definitely be interested. Go ahead and asks questions I'll try to answer them and request stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-raJkhqBLI&list=UUMNi1nkIpqkfvHOeLlAmLdA

I haven't church'd up the videos yet so I apologize about that, I'm tired and I'll annotate properly in the morning.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Thanks a lot for these videos! We need more 1p vs 2p vids so this helps a loooot!

From the looks of it:

- Fair is punishable on shield, unless we find a way to autocancel.
- PEACH BOMBER EXPLODES AND LOOKS SAFE ON SHIELD. REJOICE REJOICE!!
- Improved knockback on open parasol (lol 1:40)
- Bair looks completely safe on shield (1:57)
- Her edgeguarding looks pretty strong with the worsened ledges.

Furthermore Dair still looks amazing :3.

What do you think of her, Smiley?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
DID HER UMBRELLA JUST METEOR SMASH BOWSER!?
Looks like it stage spiked him but that knockback was hella strong considering the Parasol had already opened. Bowser wasn't even steaming which means he probably wasn't too much of a high percent.

Thanks for this video! Really excellent to see Peach do some fighting.

Urgh that landing lag on Fair makes me grimace every time I see it. It just feels so unnecessary when Bowser is running around with his massive Fair.
As much as I love her new 2nd jump, the height of it means it'll be difficult to perform mix ups/re-space with regards to Fair. Time will tell I guess...

Loving Peach Bomber, pity that Bowser Bair smacked her out of it.

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
My prediction is that Peach holds an advantageous match-up vs Bowser.

Also, a few thoughts :

- Down-Air destroys shields faster.
- Peach Bomber is now a very reliable move, especially for approaching. But it must NOT be spammed.
- I saw a bomb-omb being pulled out. <3
- Forward-Air looks so punishable. ;w; Neutral-Air and Back-Air seem more useful.
- Smiley, Y U NO GRAB?

BlueGardevoir

Smash Rookie
the problem here is that THAT PEACH tried to fight brawl style ....we re not able to spam Fair like in old times ... didnt see any grab on the video ...we need to spam more peach bomber

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
^I played peach like that on purpose I wanted to see how far it'd get me.

Also the very first Fair i did I SOMEHOW autocanceled but i havent been able to replicate it, I may just be crazy though, I'll let you guys know if I figure it out.

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
WHOA THANKS FOR THE VIDS!! Very useful!!!

Anyway, Im dissapointed the you werent' using downsmash, I want to see how useful it is. Also, is it just me or is her kill power seriously buffed!? Hard to tell because 3ds vids won't show % since its on the other screen.

BTW, did you try fast falling the F air and making sure you the move didn't finish animation before you land? Maybe float canceling can be done.

Also, looks like you can't really smash DI in Smash 4? If so Down air = unstoppable

Last edited:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Smash DI is very weak if it exists at all in this game. It makes Dair even better. Dsmash is kinda a fusion of Melee and Brawl. It's like Brawl but the last hit has decent knockback. When I'm done editing videos and promoting my youtube and such tonight i'm gonna try Float cancel stuff again, I think I just have to land later than i was in the video.

I'll try to get some more peach videos up tomorrow and hopefully maybe try out some of the things dark peach brought up =)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
@ SFA Smiley SFA Smiley
Is there a way you can show us all of the Peach recolors close up?

And maybe a close up demonstration of each of her moves, with and without an opponent.

I am so hype for this. But idk if I could play the 3DS version... Is it much different from using a Gamecube controller?

Last edited:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Yeah. I actually think dark peach did something along the lines of that but I will be willing to do this tomorrow sure. I work in 6 hours... I should actually probably sleep. lol

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
@ SFA Smiley SFA Smiley

I am so hype for this. But idk if I could play the 3DS version... Is it much different from using a Gamecube controller?
Yes, hugely difference. It took me like 10 hours of playing the demo just to be in control again...the main problem is L is grab and R is shield, which is opposite gamecube where z (grab) is on the right side so i'd always shield with L.

PKIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-2590-1230
Can u confirm that the peach bomber doesnt wall bomb? Please? This is bugging me.

Also, can you demonstrate toad shield?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Yes, hugely difference. It took me like 10 hours of playing the demo just to be in control again...the main problem is L is grab and R is shield, which is opposite gamecube where z (grab) is on the right side so i'd always shield with L.
Can you change the button setup?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
@ EdreesesPieces EdreesesPieces & @ Lil Puddin Lil Puddin : I believe you can change the button setup, but only in the full version of the game.
Well either way I am most likely just going to get the Wii U version of the game. It will probably still contain more stages and content, as well as a better online gameplay. Or at least that's what I'm assuming, since I'm about to buy a Wii U just for this game alone. Maybe some Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors too.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
That D-Air. I can't believe Peach Bomber is USEFUL. A true miracle of life. Peach's Parasol spikes? Why not going for the grab? Or cancel the lag of turnip pull by running to the ledge? F-air nerf hurts.

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
New video, guys! Made by Jtails on Youtube.

- Peach Bomber truly is amazing now.
- Peach's Tilts are excellent for combos.
- The last hit of Peach's Down-Air definitively has more knockback.
- The second hit of Peach's Dash also has more knockback than I thought and can KO.
- Peach can pull out Mr. Saturn

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
@ EdreesesPieces EdreesesPieces & @ Lil Puddin Lil Puddin : I believe you can change the button setup, but only in the full version of the game.
Correct. You just can't in the demo, which is frustrating to play. But the full version of the game should make it easier.

@ ZeroBlindDragon ZeroBlindDragon OMG I LOVE YOU. That video was great. OMFG AT HER DASH ATTACK!!!!!! All these potential kill moves , don't have to worry about stale Fair anymore!!!

Last edited:

oGr33n

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3050-7615-9118

- Peach Bomber truly is amazing now.
- The second hit of Peach's Dash also has more knockback than I thought and can KO.
- Peach can pull out Mr. Saturn

This video is literally the most professional 1v1 on smash 4 I have seen yet. All other videos/streams or mostly a bunch of awkward misses and continuous back and forth roles. I've already hit the player up for friend codes, kudos to them.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Ftilt and Dtilt, definitely. Not so sure about Utilt though. The ending lag doesn't allow you to combo of it well and looks like comboing into it seems harder as well.

I really wanna know why at 2:08 Utilt whiffs in her Dthrow > Ftilt > Utilt combo. I'm not sure whether it's because Ftilt does have much stun or because Utilt's range/start-up has been nerfed.

Yeah, not really sure what to think of that. It still seems a great combo though.
OMFG WHAT THE HELL IS THIS MAGIC?! This is amazing news, dash attack is a fantastic move and it's really easy to hit with! I really wanna know at what % it killed though.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I really wanna know why at 2:08 Utilt whiffs in her Dthrow > Ftilt > Utilt combo. I'm not sure whether it's because Ftilt does have much stun or because Utilt's range/start-up has been nerfed.
To me it looked like they were just out of UTilt's range.

Still, seeing Peach in action is making me so hype right now. Fair nerf is a shame, but it still seems to be a very useful tool - you just have to be a bit more careful with it now.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Do you know what peach's custom moves are and how they stack up to her regular moveset? I haven't been able to find this info around. She certainly looks far better than she was in brawl though. Rejoice!

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
It's in the Peach's changes thread, or on Smash Wiki. That's all we know so far...
Thank you, I read your post on her changes (lovely post that it is I thank you for it), but I guess I missed the list of customs you had listed. The sleep causing toad sounds kind of interested....my hype has been increased. Thank you kindly dear.

TruckOSaurus

Smash Apprentice
Feels really good to finally see some good Peach play in SSB4! All the Peach matches I saw in the twitch streams were disappointing and I was worried my beloved Peach wouldn't be as fun anymore. I'm relieved.

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
Am I the only one that thinks they changed the gravity on Peach's Turnips, a bit? I don't know, when she throws them, it looks like they travel a bit less, now, but I could be wrong. :o

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Found this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqDd9YbqgVk

Her Forward B is definitely a better offensive tool this time around. It looked like he could have followed it up with a floating Dair a few times.

It also seemed as if the player was purposefully avoiding turnips just because of the Peach ban. Without them, her game seemed perfectly decent. Hopefully, she continues to improve as Nintendo lifts the turnip ban.

Last edited:

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Found this!

Her Forward B is definitely a better offensive tool this time around. It looked like he could have followed it up with a floating Dair a few times.

It also seemed as if ZeRo was purposefully avoiding turnips just because of the Peach ban. Without them, her game seemed perfectly decent. Hopefully, she continues to improve as Nintendo lifts the turnip ban.
Was I the only one that found the frying pan ko hilarious? I seriously was not expecting that sort of knockback. XD

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Found this!

It also seemed as if the player was purposefully avoiding turnips just because of the Peach ban. Without them, her game seemed perfectly decent. Hopefully, she continues to improve as Nintendo lifts the turnip ban.
Holy **** peavh bomber is a great punisher out of shield for ranged attacks. You can probably punish a shielded marth fsmash with it.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Wow! Impressed with Peach in Sm4sh!
She was my most hated in Brawl but I can definitely work with that! lol

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
@ Carrill Carrill : Amazing video! Thank you so much for the share!

Sky was pretty experienced with Peach, albeit he was often not properly spacing and blindly charging in.

What this vid showed me is that Forward-Air is an excellent finisher. I believe I can trade this for its slowness. Peach has a good amount of kill moves now.

Down-Air is also much better for pressuring shields. <3

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Ok so WHAT THE **** happened around 1:35 where he just instantly grabbed a turnip without any lag whatsoever?!

He was standing in the middle of the stage, so unless there is an invicible ledge there that couldn't be ledge dropping.

EDIT: Never mind, I think he just grabbed the turnip behind him :p

Last edited:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
You guys and gw should get an in depth video from me hopefully tonight but possibly this weekend at least.

I got my capture card yesterday!

Work n stuff though

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QHXeZhYTSg

In depth character analysis done. Check it out. It was all off the top so i contradict myself in a few places but i'm sure you guys will understand everything I'm trying to say.

How lucky for you guys, that I main peach, this could have been just any character but peach got all these early detailed videos and posts (shoutouts to dark peach)

Please like and subscribe guys if you haven't yet. I would like to become a major smash 4 content producer but i'm still learning about video editing and youtube and such. Also if you have any non peach criticisms lemme know how i can improve.

Top Bottom