• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a question, how many of you are stil using ike competitivelly?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I seriusly need to know, so that I will continue with my priority list knowing that it is helping some people, instead of wasting my time.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I'm still trying to get there, but sure enough I'm getting closer little by little. And so far, your priority list is helping me against some of my friends. So thanks

PltnmNgl

Smash Journeyman
I stopped because I mained him when everybody discovered "camping" and that there was no approaching in Brawl...sad times...

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
I still main Ike period. I use Ike, Wolf, and Zelda. The only characters I don't like fighting with Ike are DDD and Snake. Chain-grabbing, and same power+faster (stupid Snake Up-tilt). . . not to sound like I have a big head, but I've been told I have the best Ike IN THE WORLD!!! (duh duh duh). Well, at least on the West Coast. lol. I play with t!mmy and t0mmy, so if you've heard of them, they travel to a lot of tourneys. Arizona, Nevada, Washington, California, among others. And they've said out of all the Ike's they've seen and/or played, I'm the best. . .I counterpicked a Fox player the other day at a tournament with Ike, and he said, "I wasn't expecting that. . ." Then I two stocked him :)

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Eh, no. I dropped him when the whole secret that he isn't that good was revealed.

Mike, I doubt you have been to a single tourney, and you are not going to make anyone think he's good. Don't be delusional.

Comboking, he said nothing wrong, don't act like you have any kind of authority.

And if you're going to reprimand a person, use some form of ****ing punctuation and capitalization, will ya?

XACE-K

Smash Master
I still play as Ike although the only tournaments I have played in were wifi tourneys. I'm no longer playing in wifi tournies and actually trying to attend real life tournies and still use Ike.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
I'm still using Ike... albeit somewhat reluctantly. I'm pretty convinced at this point he's not the optimal character for me, but every time I try someone else, I get stomped hard. So I go back to Ike. It's like he's my very own addictive power source in fights; "I see... it looks like the Ike gear is easiest for you to use after all."

He feels natural to me, but I know I'm losing a lot with him. Argh.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'm still using Ike... albeit somewhat reluctantly. I'm pretty convinced at this point he's not the optimal character for me, but every time I try someone else, I get stomped hard. So I go back to Ike. It's like he's my very own addictive power source in fights; "I see... it looks like the Ike gear is easiest for you to use after all."

He feels natural to me, but I know I'm losing a lot with him. Argh.
He's easy to use, not easy to win with. Well, unless you mean you are losing to your friends, then wtf, start winning.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Haha, 'friends.' That would assume the town I live in is large enough to have other gamers in it. It isn't. My only option is wi-fi. And I beat up the With Anyone morons with casual ease, but struggle against people with a real clue as to what they're doing.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I still play as Ike, Probably will not stop. I have Wolf and Toon Link up my sleeve as well if I am ever in a bind.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
My hope has been raised a little, thanks.

You know, the fact that I live in a country far away from U.S.A, and that I am impotent in that I can't really help Ike's reputation directly really frustrates me.

Well...I exagerated a little...but still, I can't go there, must finish college first.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I don't like using Ike anymore.
He's fun, but....
I just hate the johners today.
I went to Marth.
I may go back, though....

urmom191

Smash Rookie
i still main him but i don't exactly play competitively. so far i **** just about everyone i play with him but i'm almost certain i'm gonna have to main someone else soon :(

§leepy God

Smash Master
This is a wierd question thread, eh? Is this thread a role calling all the players that main Ike that play him at a high level, or is it just a quick question? I play all the chracters I main at a high level, (or competitive as some may say).

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
hes making a priority list for Ike against all charcaters and it wasn't getting much feed back so he kind of lost hope and wanted to know if there where people that it might actually help. Its over now though he decided to continue which I'm glad knowing more and more about Ike might lead to some new discoveries imo.

some of the Ike mains who are posting here don't post often how come?

O.M.E.G.A

Smash Cadet
I use him competitively sometimes with my friends. Only other times are when I'm at tournaments.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
You know, the fact that I live in a country far away from U.S.A, and that I am impotent in that I can't really help Ike's reputation directly really frustrates me.

Kinda reminds me of Emblem_Lord in the Marth boards. Struggles so hard to defend Marth from other people who leave a character for others cause of minor weaknesses. But at least most of us here are pretty much dedicated to our roles as Ike mainers

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
some of the Ike mains who are posting here don't post often how come?
I don't really post that often normally, and there is also the fact that many topics on this forum are/have been pointless. It has been improving lately though, a new guide, many discussions on how Ike plays, and more people trying to improve with "rate my Ike" topics.

I will probably become more active as I improve my own game and get videos of myself playing.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
^yah kirk once told me that theres actually a lot of Ike mains that don't post here because of how bad it is hopefully it can keep getting better. If you have any replays saved you can send them to me and ill record them for you if you want.

Top Bottom