• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have an idea (PA only)

Kruton

Smash Ace
I used to go to Scranton for most of their tournaments, big and small, and I live in State College now. I am trying to find venues right now to try so I can start planning tournaments. I could possibly even get something going with a LAN center down here, Galaktika Gaming. They have good setups, six TVs or so, two of them 32" LCD's.

EDIT:

Best I could find is a Hotel Ramada right on the main street of State College. Would this be a good route to go?

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I think it's just if you dress as a smash character you get a discount on a side tournament or something? I don't get it lol

edit: yeah, it's just for the side tournament. you dress as a character and play as only them, and you do ffa and items on. :(

javi1589

Smash Apprentice
hmmm get triad to play agai n >_>

edit mow any chance of you going to esticle next week?

me and 2 guys are going...
Now i remember why PA sucks no one travels haha including me

D

Deleted member

I'm @ chu's biweekly now, I won't be going anywhere until TGP sorry.

I'll respond to all this stuff when I get home tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

ok this needs a bump anyway.

So philly has a solid venue. good **** guys.

cactuar, how often are you home? can we go to your basement? otherwise, we need a venue around central PA too.

pittsburgh? where do you usually play? can we get a state-wide shindig there?

Also, who can bring set-ups? remember that we'll need lots of full set-ups. Also keep in mind that I'm throwing a mini-mowfest dec 5-7, so who can man up?

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I can bring a setup to whatever I can get a ride to. If anyone is ever passing through state college on the way to something, pick me up please. I'll give you gas money :)

Kirio

Smash Apprentice
Totally in support of this thread. I'm willing to help out in making this happen.

I used to go to Scranton for most of their tournaments, big and small, and I live in State College now. I am trying to find venues right now to try so I can start planning tournaments. I could possibly even get something going with a LAN center down here, Galaktika Gaming. They have good setups, six TVs or so, two of them 32" LCD's.

EDIT:

Best I could find is a Hotel Ramada right on the main street of State College. Would this be a good route to go?
I'm kinda scrubby cause I have no competition nearby, but I REALLY want to better my game so PLEASE, yes PLEASE get something started at State College! I'm currently in Williamsport and State College would be an ideal biweekly or maybe even more frequent place to brawl at. I have a bunch of friends there who would be interested in this as well, let me know how it goes and good luck getting this running!

ALSO: I'd gladly bring a setup for brawl (I would bring tv but I share it with my roommate)
I can bring a setup to whatever I can get a ride to. If anyone is ever passing through state college on the way to something, pick me up please. I'll give you gas money :)
I may be near State College then heading on up for this month's TGP tourney. I'll send you a PM or something if I'm going for sure. Assuming you don't mind riding with me lol

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I already have a ride to tgp... it's everything afterwards I'm worried about. lol

thanks though!

Kruton

Smash Ace
Okay, I am in talks with Galaktika Gaming, and they would like to hold a tournament of any size really.

I need to find a date though. I want this date to accommodate the highest number of people, and I would like a lot of eat coast people to go. Cactuar, Velocty, M2K etc. I want to hold both Melee and Brawl and have tournaments going simultaneously.

Someone help me on this.

Damon180

Smash Ace
i can bring a minimum of 3 setups, max of 8 to anything. if cactuar has it at his place, that would rule. i could bring a small crew with me. maybe kick elkomosutro in the nuts and wake him up for something.

state college is a bit far from me, sorry.

i doubt i can make it to your fest mow. fedex has me for 6 days a week that month, and i'll be doing contracting work on the side to pay for christmas presents :).

D

Deleted member

state college is fine with me, just be aware that weekend traffic sucks ***.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
So I'm curoius to what the situation is with tournaments. Ever since Gizmos closed up in Kingston, PA I haven't been to an offline tourny. aka 2 years. I have a permit so yeah... I can't exactly drive too far unless I can get some friends to go too.

And is Pav even active anymore? I remember him beating me at that tourney lol

TheLake

Smash Master
Butler held a little smash fest down at our one buds garage, some pittsburgh guys came and a few locals. Its not a bad set up (we had five set ups and im pretty sure we can squeeze a few more) so im just throwin that option out there. Its a pretty cool joint and the smashings always welcome.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
So I'm curoius to what the situation is with tournaments. Ever since Gizmos closed up in Kingston, PA I haven't been to an offline tourny. aka 2 years. I have a permit so yeah... I can't exactly drive too far unless I can get some friends to go too.

And is Pav even active anymore? I remember him beating me at that tourney lol
I miss gizmos :(

pav is currently the best brawl player in northeast pa.

Kruton

Smash Ace
well, there are only two more home games, so the traffic is about to exponentially decrease.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
So with the new TV that zach just managed to get his hands on. Our apartment is now very well suited for holding smashfests. While we wont be able to invite everyone in PA due to space. It will give a semi central position for players on both ends of PA to come and play.

We will have to get a stipulations and restrictions from our landlord, but this is a good option for inbetween tournaments.

Rebelli0n

Smash Cadet
Im from Harrisburg Pa, and i barley see anything going on around here. Would love to take part in some tourney's and improve my skill. I really don't know anyone that plays in the area. Kinda sad cause I thought i wouldn't be that hard being from the states capital lol.

Damon180

Smash Ace
so were you going anywhere with this mow? are you going to organize something or were you looking for someone else to?

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Im from Harrisburg Pa, and i barley see anything going on around here. Would love to take part in some tourney's and improve my skill. I really don't know anyone that plays in the area. Kinda sad cause I thought i wouldn't be that hard being from the states capital lol.
Where do you live in harrisburg? I'm in carlisle. So if you need people to play, come play me and cape.
If you have AIM IM me at llxeell and we can talk details.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I just want to let you all know, that I am thinking of moving to Philly. I don't know when, but it will happen. I want to have some friends close to me to smash regurlarly, hehe. :3

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to play some folks in the area. I live west of York in Dover.

I'll play both games. I enjoy Melee a bit more, but I'd prefer to play Brawl since most seem to be playing that currently.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thats why I'm glad I'm going to PA, Melee is the ****. :3

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Being only a student in PA, I have no idea what is close to Villanova University. My tourney experience is all in UPenn in Scar's Melee tournament and Drexel for ChiboSempai's Bi-weeklies. If you can give a location that I can get to from the R5 Regional Rail, I'll be game for a PA crew.

I guess I can play Melee, but I predominately play Brawl. I also have two teammates who play Brawl exclusively; but if we absolutely have to play Melee, I can just come, even if I suck at it now.

Top Bottom