• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I like diddy but...

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Overused?
I'd argue that.
If you're having doubts at all, the Diddy boards are probably the worst place to bring your troubles.

ADHD

Smash Hero
NOBODY uses diddy except norcal, but west coast sucks so it doesn't matter. (hehehehe :laugh:) And the tier list doesn't necessarily mean that many people use that character, it just means that char is pretty **** good, decent, or garbage. It's all about "potential"

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
NOBODY uses diddy except norcal, but west coast sucks so it doesn't matter. (hehehehe :laugh:) And the tier list doesn't necessarily mean that many people use that character, it just means that char is pretty **** good, decent, or garbage. It's all about "potential"
yeah, diddy is one of the most underrated characters players wise for how good he is.

lol, not true about only norcal, diddy mains are pretty spread out among the globe
(wc doesnt suck!) :laugh:

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Take Falco as example, hes the 3rd best character in the game and you RARELY see any Falco players at any tournaments.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
And the tier list wasnt put in place to affect how people choose a main. Some people see that way and will always pick the character highest on the list. If you like playing as a character, pick it regardless of its position on the list.

fZk

Smash Lord
Nobody can choose a main for you. Just play who you enjoy or with who you can think you can be successful. Choosing, or not choosing for that matter, a character for any other reason is dumb.

As far as characters go Diddy is one of the best to pick up, and the metagame is still going, so there's tons of potential there.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
Im one of the few Socal Diddys xD

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
diddy isnt overused, and the tier list means nothing lol. Use him if you want

rehab

Smash Journeyman
If you really like him, more people playing him just means more fun Diddy mirror matches to you.

Not playing a character because they are overused or because of tiers is being a silly poser.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lol look at florida diddys. very very few probably around 4-5 good ones

tocador

Smash Lord
YOu see, Sonic/Captain falcon are somewhat "overused" but they still suck! =D

Tier list shouldnt choose your main, just play with whom you like the best, and good luck!

POKE40

Smash Lord
YOu see, Sonic/Captain falcon are somewhat "overused" but they still suck! =D

Tier list shouldnt choose your main, just play with whom you like the best, and good luck!
CF is overused. But they don't suck...
People are playing him wrong :mad::mad:

People try to manipulate a melee-ish falcon. The problem in brawl goes simply as the fact of lack of hitstun. Thus punishing CF becomes significantly easier, causing CF to become unable to rack damage or approach.
Falcon users must rely on reaction and playing smart

now ppl... don't go rant on melee vs. brawl...
I'm talking about people usage of CF.

Ahem. Back on topic:
Tiers shouldn't be played onto the fact they are "overused"
The fact Diddy is in a high tier doesn't mean he is overused. As he is diffucult to advance w/ if started off by a beginner.

Player-1

Smash Legend
CF is overused. But they don't suck...
People are playing him wrong :mad::mad:

People try to manipulate a melee-ish falcon. The problem in brawl goes simply as the fact of lack of hitstun. Thus punishing CF becomes significantly easier, causing CF to become unable to rack damage or approach.
Falcon must rely on reaction and playing smart

now ppl... don't go rant on melee vs. brawl...
I'm talking about people usage of CF.
No CF does suck. And the best CF I've played played CF like melee Falcon. But this isn't the Falcon boards so don't get on a topic about CF

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I recently fell in love with diddy kong. His playing style really suits me

But the fact he is HARD TO USE makes me want to not play as him... What should I do.
Fixed

Most characters at the top of the tier list aren't there because they're overused, but because they're good. And being a good character =/= easy to master (well, most of the time). If you want to main him, do; you won't find many other high-level Diddys most anywhere.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I see more Meta Knights... >:|
In Kansas there are only two Diddy Kong mains, myself and Nynja. Really, it isn't that there are a lot of us, simply that you see a lot of the bigger names like AZ and ADHD.

QTP

The "Sonic" of Diddy Kong
With the exception for NorCal, having so many Diddy players(me being one of course) i think that Diddy is thee rarest character i've seen people play honestly..

i've seen more Yoshis and Lucas's(??) then Diddys, which is very weird, considering that Diddy has soo much more potential than most characters. It's mind blowing to me actually.haha.

-QTP

Bros229

Smash Cadet
im a Fl diddy main. im pretty good. no one else in my area mains diddy. but i also use IC's and PKMN trainer. but diddy mainly. ill have a few vids of me in battle up on youtube soon.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Diddy is definitely still underused. I can't wait for another year to go by, our little monkey is just now picking up steam. Norcal is an exception for some reason.

It is odd, I usually see more TL's and Donkey's than Diddys. Not to mention every other character of similar or better tier placement is used 3X more than Diddy. Sigh. Someone mentioned Falco being underused and I would likewise agree with that, except there are a decent amount of Falco players on the WC.

Diddy is hard to play. You won't see results quickly. There are tons and tons of random situations you need to learn to recognize and then learn what options you have and which ones to pick.

I would highly recommend online play. I know it played a big part in making me a good player. I think ADHD (chromepirate) has had a similar experience as well.

Count

Smash Champion
I think the main reason more people don't play diddy is because you don't see results right away. I know I got my butt kicked at first. Its almost like theres a switch that hits after a while when you finally see results..its all about being persistent.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
For me, the reason why Diddy is hard to play is because he requires so much thinking, and I am a pretty lazy player. However this is also why I love Diddy because even though I have to think alot, my oponent has to think just as much :p. I love going even with an oponent and seeing them fall apart in the middle of the match from the mental pressure.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Diddy is hard to play. You won't see results quickly. There are tons and tons of random situations you need to learn to recognize and then learn what options you have and which ones to pick.

I would highly recommend online play. I know it played a big part in making me a good player. I think ADHD (chromepirate) has had a similar experience as well.
basically said the reason as to why people pick up diddy hoping for that easy character and then ****ing give up.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
I actually use Diddy now. My Falco is so under played that I suck with him now.

I don't even know another Diddy player.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i only knew advent lee o-o and i want to get to meet gdx. but **** man school gettin in the way so ****ing much. but starting summer time =D ill be in power rankings just u all wait.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
i only knew advent lee o-o and i want to get to meet gdx. but **** man school gettin in the way so ****ing much. but starting summer time =D ill be in power rankings just u all wait.
lol do work ;)

BoRn

Smash Apprentice
i played smash again the other day after almost 2 weeks. It felt so good throwin them bananas. if diddy wasnt in this game i would not play it.

Top Bottom