• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I liked dedede at first but then...

S0X

Smash Cadet
It seemed as if he was straight up not good. He has barely any range and all his smashes are extremely slow. His aerials are nice but it seems like they can't kill people. Fast characters just combo the crap out of me and i get wrecked by range. All of his b moves semm kind of useless except b-->. His chaingrabbing is nice but it doesn't do much dmg and can only go for about 3 grabs.

does any1 else feel this way and know any strats.

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
Maybe you're just not good at playing him? Nevertheless, I played him recently (I don't have the game, my cousin does) and he's not bad. I love his fsmashes catching people off gaurd and spamming of Waddle Ds are fun with a special Gordo chance.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
The smash attacks will probably not connect well to any human players, who will be far too afraid to get close to you when they see the start-up animations... CPU opponents, on the other hand, have a tendency to flat out ignore the imminent threat of a charged smash at times, even as high as Hard mode.

S2026

Smash Rookie
I'm having nothing but good luck with dedede. The Chain throws are nice, the throwing of waddle dee's is great. Aerials are outstanding. But I must agree the smash attacks leave something to be desired...and everytime I attempt to use the super high jump move I wind up going off the edge lmfao.

CrazyShaman

Smash Apprentice
DDD feels great for me. So strong, can take a beating, and Bair is great. Also, he's not too slow if you avoid smashes.

S0X

Smash Cadet
Whats your number killing move with him I can't seem to find any? His smashes are just to slow.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
His down smash comes out the fastest. I really just rely on getting them off the stage and using b air as effectively as possible. 3D has so many awesome moves for racking up damage, you just need to find out how to finish the job. Up tilt is good, b air, f air, and sometimes down smash are his quickest / most effective killing moves. Just experiment a little bit because he has a lot of combos to get damage up pretty quickly.

Gojira

Smash Lord
His up-tilt is like barley weaker then uncharged U-smash and its faster with moderate lag however, landing it is the problem for me.

Also When you chaingrab at high percents make sure you smack em a few times before the next down throw.

However I Have a question. What is the best thing to follow up a down throw on characters that can not be chain grabbed? I have experimented and find it best to just pull back and drop my waddles dees....any ideas??

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
It seemed as if he was straight up not good. He has barely any range and all his smashes are extremely slow. His aerials are nice but it seems like they can't kill people. Fast characters just combo the crap out of me and i get wrecked by range. All of his b moves semm kind of useless except b-->. His chaingrabbing is nice but it doesn't do much dmg and can only go for about 3 grabs.

heh, heh.
you havent seen me with ddd. ddd is a useful awesome character, ive won sometimes 5 times in a row head 2 head with a fox player. or more. it all depends how focused i/you are to remember ddds weak if he messes up spacing, if you get too close and your attack starts to lag you are combo'd/dead.
you spam your aerials when the enemy is recovering/is airborne...you use tilts and jabs when your enemy is ground-bound....upair and down air are amazing moves, you dont even need to combo to land that last hit of the spin that gives its knockback...you can just time it right and use spacing...

DDD is some serious ****, i can beat an equally skilled marth player with him easily

sweetooth

Smash Ace
a lot of you peoplpe are talking about ko moves... DDD has plenty. u tilt is a killer move as is his fair and bair. the smashes may be hard to time correctly, but i seen to connect with them frequently :ohwell:

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
The only time I think would be hard for him is when it's a 4 player Brawl. There would be attacks everywhere and you would be kinda slow to attack them all. Waddle Dees would help, but another character would pop up. I'm not saying he would do horribly, I mean if he got the smash ball, most characters would BE OWNED IN THE FACE BY THE GREAT KING DEDEDE!

Thank you. [:

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Barely any range? Dude, he's one of the chars in the game with the most range. Look at his F-tilt. No F-Tilt will ever come even close. His grab range is the best in the game as well.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
if a noob thinks DDD is bad, let thim think that.

you have to be "one" with DDD to be good with him.

so f you think he is bad, then he is bad, because you just dont have the right stuff to make him great.

Jok3r

Smash Apprentice
DDD is great your just a *BAd PLAYER* Also Gojira after you down throw a character that can't be chain grab.YOu could wait for them and tec chase them and re grab and do a back throw or keep tech chasing them.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
nope, if olimar has all of his pikmin out, and not a purple one in front of him, he beats out the grapple charcers... with none of the lag if he misses, and it being quicker.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I too have been thinking that Dedede is a bad fighter. The slowpokes tend to be at the bottom of the barrel most of the time.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Samus
Link

LOL

Anyway

DeDeDe is great. He has huge range. A good projectile. **** good tilts. A great Bair and Fair.

You just can't rush in with him. You have space well and use your brain.

I was watching some of Romeo's DDD vids vs HugS' Samus. At one point Samus actually missed a grapple on him and without moving DDD grabbed her. I had to re-watch it like 5 times, his grab range really is rediculous. It was a dashing grapple by Samus though, if she was standing still she might have better range.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord

1) he has amazing range
2) his Dsmash is reasonably fast
3) his aerials can kill people. the dair and Uair can kill upwards. and you can jump off the stage and Bair people till they can't get back on, then you get back on with DDD's amazing recovery.
4) try Shield>grab>Dthrow on the fast characters.
5) chaingrabbing can go for more than 3 grabs

there you go.

Mercury

Smash Apprentice
wtf dedede is like one of the best characters in the entire game, almost every attack does a lot of damage with a lot of range, his grabs are strong and he has great range there too, he has some of the best aerials in the game as far as range and damage go, and as long as you don't spam smashes and use tilts, his ground game isn't bad either.

that ON TOP of him having 4 jumps and a recovery almost like kirby's but you can cancel it and fall when ever you want plus you can influence the horizontal trajectory of it even more.

i mean **** you are terrible at smash if you can't be good at dedede. he's a monster no matter where you fight him and against campy shielding players, 2 words. infinite grab.

Gojira

Smash Lord
I agree with the great deku tree

i find shielding then short hopping a Dair is a nice tactic as it does good damage and sends them above you so long as the last hit hits) and allows you to chase em in the air.

you got to also love dropping off the edge against tether recoverer's and N-air em after they have used their second jump.

Top Bottom