• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I love my Z-button.

Z button is a buddy

it grabs

it hits in the air or it can zair

it L-cancels

I heard it can be used for teching, but I've never tested this

So yeah, Z button is a buddy.

Also, it can Marth Killer.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I tried Shffling with the Z button for a while but I just kep JC grabbing >_<

Also, if anyone but Hbox made this thread it would be closed by now.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Z button is a buddy

it grabs

it hits in the air or it can zair

it L-cancels

I heard it can be used for teching, but I've never tested this

So yeah, Z button is a buddy.
Beautiful (':

I don't think it can be used for teching, because if you hold it you light shield. You need to press one of the shoulderbuttons all the way in to tech, but I'm gonna try it out lol :3

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Start button does so much more than Z. With the start button, I'll never lose! Although Lovage pause cancel technique is more powerful than my start button =( I need a counter to that =''''''''''(

Bacon!

8Q__________

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
nuh uh I love the z button. Like I have said before, I can't even lift my thumb anymore before thinking if the Cstick is too far for me. Z is so much closer and convenient. But because of that I might fair instead of bair. :[

I started using it for shbawds (although sometimes I try to early and grab, but its kinda kool to land a random grab while shbawding through an opponent ;D )

But I use it for aerials as well. I always hesitate to touch the Cstick now. :[

john!

Smash Hero
I invented a technique a while ago called "Rest Canceling"... if you're about to get comboed into rest, pause and unpause very quickly before they rest you and they probably will miss their rest. I've used it in friendlies with amazing results.

tehferret

Smash Rookie
Z button is meh...I mean, when you even grab someone, they pull you off no matter what, so you do minimum damage.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Z is the best button to cancel aerials with, at least on platforms, because if you slide off the platform you don't have to cancel the aerial, not knowing that you are about to slide off if you try to L-cancel you will do an air dodge, however if you are using z, when you slide off, you will do another aerial in rapid succession (with the exception of the grappler shooters)

Top Bottom