• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i might of gotten the Water gun down

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Well i have found that squirt's WG is used for items. just have some crates around and he'll blast it and deal the damage of it sliding into your enemy, not worth if your playing hardcore matches but how i now am using it is just simple

you just hit the guy with your aerial attacks. next make sure he doens't get back on and he uses his 2nd jump (if they have more than one jump keep knocking them till they have no more left. Then make sure you have the WG fully charged and spray them either before or after they do their recovery move. I found this most succsesfull against Diddy. The Relability of this depends on the person you are facing, however i just though of this and it is or might just be a start. I still am going to look more into it.

Coselm

Smash Ace
Pretty much the only competitive use for water gun is when you can squirt them farther down when they are already off the stage, and that is just so ridiculously situational. Who knows, maybe in good time there will be an amazing use for it?

Icelement

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to water gun stall? Random, I know, but doesn't water gun have a slight recoil?
Water gun stall has little to no vertical pushback. There is noticeable horizontal recoil when used, but nothing of help to anyone, nearly ever. I'm thinking that the only use is as stated above:
Coselm said:
"Pretty much the only competitive use for water gun is when you can squirt them farther down when they are already off the stage, and that is just so ridiculously situational."
...and thats about it. I doubt it will ever get any better than that as well, since the move itself will never change, just the way it is used; The way it CAN be used will never be significant.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
I say E-mail Saukrai...

wait what about items being thrown at you :confused:

Nah, but it would be funny

Cebo

Smash Rookie
I found i use watergun easily to gimp Ness's and Lucas's returns. As soon as they use Pk Thunder, hit them with the watergun and i've found this works as a decent edgeguard.

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
Also, water gun is a nice save vs skull bash and green missile. It also stops projectiles, but really its greatest use is in items on matches where you can send hurtling crates of 25% damage at your foes. What fun!

See? Items off matches unbalance the game :p

DoubleAced

Smash Apprentice
Water Gun is only useful when someone is coming straight in from off screen towards the ledge. It's perfect for edge guarding in that situation because it doesn't allow them to do a second B^.

Kantō

Smash Champion
using his water gun for edge guarding sux...jumping off the level and hitting them kills way faster and in my opinion way eaiser to do because squirtle can jump very far

Fearmy

Smash Ace
i almost forgot the use of foot stool with squirt. It's hilarious on wario players

Top Bottom