• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help finding a second character.

boricuaboycoco2

Smash Rookie
I have been playing brawl for about three weeks now. Wolf is my main character. I want to know who you guys recommend for me to use as my second because I am having trouble finding one.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Who I RECOMMEND as a secondary?

Snake or Meta Knight.

Who I think you'd be best with as a secondary?

I don't know, we don't know, and if you don't know right now, just focus on Wolf and play everyone sometimes. You'll find him.

boricuaboycoco2

Smash Rookie
try G&W. hes kinda similar to wolf. fast attacks, somewhat fast. works for me.
I'll try him out thanks.
Who I RECOMMEND as a secondary?

Snake or Meta Knight.

Who I think you'd be best with as a secondary?

I don't know, we don't know, and if you don't know right now, just focus on Wolf and play everyone sometimes. You'll find him.
I tried them out and I kind of like Meta knight. I will take your advise and keep try ing the people see if I find my second. Thanks

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
I use ZSS and sonic as seconds cause they fun, mario works in now and then.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I tried them out and I kind of like Meta knight. I will take your advise and keep try ing the people see if I find my second. Thanks
No problem. Sorry if I came off as harsh.

Just know this:

You will not win a tournament with Snake/Meta in it unless you use Snake/Meta/maybe Game and Watch.

Or Wsnake.

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
It's a perfectly appropriate and reasonable question, and the aggressive responses are not needed.

Wolf's biggest weakness is his recovery. Characters like Meta Knight, Marth, King Dedede, Sonic, etc... will have an easy time making sure you fall to your death. The logical way to pick a second character is to find a character that A) you're good at and comfortable with, and B) who can beat the characters that beat wolf, the best.

My suggestion is any of the following, Meta Knight, Marth, Snake, or Donkey Kong. However, you're going to have to make the final call on who feels most comfortable to you.

Hope that helped.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Just know this:

You will not win a tournament with Snake/Meta in it unless you use Snake/Meta/maybe Game and Watch.

Or Wsnake.
Im sorry Patinator, I normally agree with your posts but THAT is complete bull****. Futile's Wario, Sethlons Falco, M2ks DDD, all wrecking the tourney scene right now

boricuaboycoco2

Smash Rookie
It's a perfectly appropriate and reasonable question, and the aggressive responses are not needed.

Wolf's biggest weakness is his recovery. Characters like Meta Knight, Marth, King Dedede, Sonic, etc... will have an easy time making sure you fall to your death. The logical way to pick a second character is to find a character that A) you're good at and comfortable with, and B) who can beat the characters that beat wolf, the best.

My suggestion is any of the following, Meta Knight, Marth, Snake, or Donkey Kong. However, you're going to have to make the final call on who feels most comfortable to you.

Hope that helped.
Thanks that really helped. I tried ZSS this weekend and I like using her. Is she a good character to use.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Just get it over with and pick Snake. Someone would argue with me, but he's probably the best in the game. He's cheap, so use him. Three or four members of DBR use Snake, so just get it over with and pick him.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
I suggest playing more than 5 characters.

As long as it isnt CF, Ganon, Jiggs, or Samus its alright.

So its not necessary to ask.

Loup17

Smash Apprentice

what's wrong with ganon?

go fight kosk's ganon and see how that turns out lol. (mine's not that hot xP )

also the other character's. what's wrong with them again?

Takua1

Smash Rookie
NNID
keattz
3DS FC
4682-8726-4214

I'd just like to say that I've 1v1'd my friend as Captain Falcon (he was Sonic) and beat him with FALCON PUNCH. That is to say that I only used Falcon Punch. Trust me, Falcon Punch doesn't help much with recovery.

I have some pretty horrible friends.

Top Bottom