• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help. I'm fighting...

glasstin10

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm new here, and I have a scheduled brawl with Luigi, Peach, and Pit.
I don't spam any of my pika moves, and try to be as diverse as possible, but when I'm up against these three characters, I feel like I can't do anything. I've started learning that quack move, and I'm making good progress, and I can classify myself as an experienced player.
But, the problem is, when I fight Luigi, there's no question that his close range combat is better than mine.
When I fight Peach, she gets all floaty-like and decided to counter all my aerial attacks.
When I fight Pit, he counters all my thunder jolts and stuff, and is skilled at close range combat.
So uh, I would appreciate if some people could help me out with some advice and stuff...

Thanks,
-Glasstin

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
Wonderful, I play against none of those characters. Well against Pit you're going to want to get him off the edge and kill his up B with tjolt, or an aerial. As far as Luigi goes, his aerials are fast as ****. Seriously 2 of any in a short hop. So watch out for that. Then for Peach.... Yeah... Um... Peach...

Well then that's all the advice I have. Good luck with that.

P.S. I just read this and I nominate myself for most worthless advice EVER!!!

neji32

Smash Lord
Well I see you first problem. Spamming Tjolt is good not bad, dont be afraid to do it. Its best on people with better close combat skills than you. Make sure your jumping with your tjolts. That way it doesnt matter if he counters it, your in the air.
Luigi and peach will both come toward you when you start spamming. Just jump back and tjolt till your at the edfe. When they get close...... I have no advise for peach =/ but if luigi gets close, try and fair him to start combos. But he maybe able to break some combos with nair. If you get him off edge, try and tjolt him or do a thunder wall.
Pit is more of common sense, hes hard to explain though. You have to approach him but try and make the approach un obvious. You just have to play what you feel, trust me pits not THAT good

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
here's a tip that may help you in the short term (not the long term).

Practice countering right as they try to attack you. Peach has a great counter game, but pikachu's isn't half bad either (for pikachu, at least its easy to do). Practice shield to dsmash or shield to uair (if you can combo with pikachu) or utilt. If you have good timing there, you can tjolt them to make them aggressive, and then counter them when they try to hit you. Of course, if they are very good, they'll space and mindgame you, which makes countering lose a lot of its effectiveness (which is why this is a short term tactic to win).

Just from your post it seems that you're trying to clink (or match them hit for hit) in close combat. Pikachu has less priority, which means in a clink war (when you're both trying to hit each other) pikachu will lose more often than not. Instead while in close combat throw in some air dodges, or just shield their attacks, and make them hurt.

ToonTetra7

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm a little stuck, but people think I use him effinciently (I can't spell :p )...
I spam Thunder alot, and his Thunder jolt, but yeah, I don't feel like it does anything.

I always use my dodge, and it always works, usually. I can't explain very well, so I'll try doing it in orderly dots :bee: But I STILL can't explain...meh meh meh.

• Dodge when you can. Then, if you're not too far away from the enemy, as you know, spam Thunder jolt, and you should build up a quite a bit of damage.

• You can spam Thunder when all of your oppenments 'gang up' on you.

• Usually the most well known stratergy when using PIKACHU - down Smash, then, run until you're under your oppenment, spam Thunder. It'll keep on raising the oppenment up, and eventually, your enemy will have so much damage (if you beat him/her up enough) that s/he will fly off the screen.

Hope it helps...I didn't do a very good explanation but I think it'll do you ;)

Arek

Smash Rookie
Alright.

I was in a 4v4 tournament as a pikachu and got second against an olimar (who just camped throwing picmen the whole time) and what made pickachu a real sucess was my spamming the Tjolt and Thunder. I timed the thunder to hit an enemy abouve me while there in the scope and be ablr to hit the with the cloud. Thunder works really good as an aerial attack. i usually jump over a mob of foes and while i still have that momentum the thunder hits those below me instead of hitting pickachu. if the Thunder doesnt hit pickachu then an enemy with a reflector ability wount be able to hit you. (if Pit's sheild does that)

spamm Tjolt not to only take advantage of the distance between you and the enemy but use that opportunity while their guarding to get closer while jump spamming the tjolt. once i get close to them, i use my aerials to punish them.

In your case, fighting a luigi utilize the spot dodge if you see a hit comming and sheild grab them and B-throw and start the abouve combo again.

If that peach always counters then continue to jump after her and she should see an attack comming and do her counter but just wait there in front of her or were ever untill toad disappears. and she should be near enough to you to unleash a good air combo since she fights really good in air.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
For pit, you have to be aggressive. Most pits ledge camp, and they will rack up % with their arrows if you just use T-jolt against them. Get close to them, and watch for ledgehopped fairs and uairs. Close combat is pretty even. Both have fast moves, and pika has more killing potential than pit. Pit will try to disrupt your recovery by arrowing you, and you will get arrowed or hit away if you try to edgeguard. Try to bait airdodges and punish them for it.

Luigi is a very strange character. His fast aerials and overall floatiness make him hard to fight as pikachu. Chain grabbing him doesn't work, and i think he is so floaty you can't do comboes out of any grab, so grabbing is basically useless unless they are just sitting in their shield. DO NOT under ANY circumstances use a laggy attack when he is shielding. He will then run up to you and fire jump you, which kills pika at around 60-70% i believe. His up-tilt has great comboability, so watch out for those. Overall, you need to stay close to luigi. Your range>luigi's range so you should space as well as you can. Luigi's forward-b (the cyclone) can give him a large boost when recovering and can zoom up to you when on the ground. It's a pretty even fight from both standards, but since luigi is so floaty it will be hard to combo. You have to juggle him with u-airs, since that is basically the only thing that will consistently work at low %s.

Peach....i forget everything about her.

In general, bait air-dodges and punish them for it. Also, if they spam sidestep, D-smash and it will hit them before they can shield or do another sidestep.

Top Bottom