• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help with Melee in Dolphin and action replay

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm trying to record some footage in Dolphin for a trailer I'm making. Everything works fine until I turn one of the premade codes on for melee(I need debug mode on so I can freely move the camera around). It just crashed. has anyone else had this problem? If so were you able to fix it?

NNID
dansalvato
You might not have the right version of Melee. Make sure you have v1.02. There's a version converter floating around.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
How can I tell what version ISO I have?

NNID
dansalvato
Throw Link's boomerang, and use his zair right before he catches it. If the boomerang cancels the hookshot animation, you have version 1.00.

Or just download the converter and try converting from 1.00 to 1.02. If you don't have 1.00 then the conversion will simply do nothing.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
yeah, the converter did nothing. I looked it up and other people also have problems with Dolphin crashing when trying to implement Action Replay Codes

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
boomerang cancels the hookshot btw. I'll try that code right now

okay, so I put that code in and it worked. What code is it?

NNID
dansalvato
All the default Dolphin codes have something like this as their first line:

00084DC5 08000000

If there's a top line with "08000000" then REMOVE THE LINE and the code should work just fine.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Okay, I've got codes working now except for the (M) code I got from AR central. It's only one line and doesn't have 08000000 in it

I got it to work by converting the Action Replay Code myself instead of letting dolphin do it, thanks!

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Okay, so I figure I'd rather revive this thread than post a new one.
I tried removing the 08000000 line from all the codes, and now they do nothing. Before that, they caused the emulation to instantly stop as soon as the game tried to advance past the title screen (I'll assume that's the crash issue that GIMR was having). Any ideas? :(

Top Bottom